Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #311
pwilson794
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

+1 Mike Perkins

Good communication. Nice guy. Recommend!
pwilson794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #312
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

+3 Drew Moss

3 different pieces, 3 great experiences, and great communication. Highly recommended
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #313
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

+1 Ramon Perez - Con sketch. Went above and beyond, accommodated special paper request.

+1 Jeff Dekal - Great communication, detailed piece, nice guy.

+3 Chris Stevens - Both my wife and I have had great experiences with him. I’ve also recommended a number of my friends to him and their commission experiences have been great as well (those not counted here.) Probably the best experience you can have.

+2 Jae Lee - Con sketch and at-home commission. Both great experiences.

-1 Essential Sequential - Did not pass along any of my direction/requests re: an $1800 piece, was all around extremely rude and condescending. Strongly advise against.

Now, I have a few artists and 2 reps who deserve negs (artists missing their own deadlines 5+ times, reps ignoring e-mails after full payment, shipping poorly and artwork damaging, etc.), but I’m holding out hope and will continue to be patient.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:42 AM   #314
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

+1 Mike Manley--Kept me in the loop, shipped prompty upon completion of the work. Packed well. All around positive experience
aric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:41 PM   #315
Dokstarr
Frackin!

+1 Buzz - Originally was a NYCC commission but the last day he said he wasn't going to get it done and wanted to know if he could finish it at home. Worked out and got a real nice Spider-Gwen.
Dokstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:57 PM   #316
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

+1 Aaaron Kuder--Did the art when he said he would. Did exactly what he said he would, and shipped when he ssaid he would
aric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:26 PM   #317
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

-1 Adrian Nelson: Just searched the thread and found another negative review for this guy, wish I had seen it earlier, same experience, he sent a scan of the finished piece then lost all communication when it came to actually shipping it. Sent 2 or 3 emails requesting the art be mailed out, no reply. Guy is a thief, avoid.

-1 Felippe Massafera: Another thief. Paid upfront a year ago, communication has been like pulling teeth ever since. Refused to issue a refund and now wont reply to emails, wont reply to facebook messages. A couple other users on the board with similar issues. Don't even care if he ever does my commission now, experience is soured. Avoid.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:00 AM   #318
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82 View Post
-1 Felippe Massafera: Another thief. Paid upfront a year ago, communication has been like pulling teeth ever since. Refused to issue a refund and now wont reply to emails, wont reply to facebook messages. A couple other users on the board with similar issues. Don't even care if he ever does my commission now, experience is soured. Avoid.
Real bummer about Felipe. I was about ready to sign up last year also, but the communication in talking about the commission was spotty, and I pulled the plug. Didn't get a good vibe even though I love his art. Hope this works out for you. He's incredibly talented, and I'd love something from him, but at this point I won't be taking any chances.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:13 AM   #319
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost9 View Post
Real bummer about Felipe. I was about ready to sign up last year also, but the communication in talking about the commission was spotty, and I pulled the plug. Didn't get a good vibe even though I love his art. Hope this works out for you. He's incredibly talented, and I'd love something from him, but at this point I won't be taking any chances.
same here. highly talented but too many bad reviews. will avoid.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:07 PM   #320
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

+1 Dave Ross - Took awhile to get things rolling due to waiting list, but eventually completed and mailed my piece within a month, month and half. Open to concept, good communication, good experience. Would do business again.

+1 Marco Santucci - Same as above, bit of waiting time due to his list, but communication was good, sent updates when requested, open to concept, took about 2 months or so. Happy with the end result. Would do business again.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote