Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #551
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
When you compare this to Storm, BD & Vamp, SW should had been cheaper. $300 should had been set based on the complexity of the sculpt.
Yes SS needs some competition. I want to see someone who can compete with them for 50% of their business someday. Then prices may be a bit better.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #552
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomPaintWork View Post
I see where you are coming from.

I really liked this statue when it was first unveiled, however the price did throw me back a bit.

I wouldn't consider this a piece I would want to do without, however if Vision or Scarlet Witch had significant paint probs or issues I would probably cancel both.

I wouldn't want one without the other.

I've been re-evaluating which orders I could do without and it ironically falls on 3 that are the most anticipated.. maybe cus Im not a huge fan and my collection would still stand out alright without them.

Those 3 are

-Hot Toys Joker 2.0
-Sagat PCS EX
-Poison Ivy / Rhino

granted I am much more inclined to keep Rhino over Poison Ivy because I don't have that many DC pieces to begin with and I don't see myself collecting a lot of DC stuff.

Of course I wouldn't cancel anything so long as the quality speaks volumes.
Yeah, it's all a matter of personal choices. Sometimes, we as collectors, pre-order pieces we initially wanted, and as time goes on we either lose interest, get stuck in situations like "March Madness," or both.

I'm just thinking, for myself, that I would rather spend $350 on a piece like Elvira (to go with Vampi) than a relatively simple (but nicely done) Marvel female that isn't a personal must for me.

Storm was a must, Scarlet Witch isn't.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #553
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Honestly, I don't agree with any of your points, other than $350 is what we can expect now for prices.

They didn't HAVE to choose the tiny little A base. She Hulk didn't have it, nor Capt. America, nor Black Panther, nor Thor, etc.

Second, they could have done a change of head. We have seen plenty of characters that have had awesome switch out heads that didn't have anything to do with whited out eyes.

My change of heart is coming from all of the statues that are suddenly releasing this month and next, and me re-evaluating which ones I really love, and which ones I can do without, and when I see one that is very basic and simple priced at the same price as pieces far more elaborate, it makes me really consider cancelling.

I think Scarlet Witch is going to end up being one I can do without.
Believe me, I understand where you are coming from, especially in light of all the statues that are dropping this month and next. SW might have to go on the chopping block as well for me, but that doesn't make the statue any less impressive.

In taking into account that Storm comes with a print, and change of head, and a more elaborate base for $25 cheaper, I feel you.

I just don't see what extra stuff they could have added for SW. I mean I can't envision another head that would make me want to display her any differently.

I won't deny she could be cheaper, but by what you said, how does Poison Ivy make the $349 cut with no extra stuff? Thats a relatively simple pose but with more detailing in the plants and gear.

I guess in this case it comes down to what characters we like better.

I have some decisions to make as well. If I had known all this stuff was coming out within 1 month of each other, everyone would have gotten the cut except Lady Death and Poison Ivy. Storm and Scarlet Witch would have gotten the boot even though they are both very nice!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #554
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

LOL, well if you MUST know, Ivy makes the cut for me because I have her paid down quite a bit ($35 deposit and a bunch of reward points)

So, I guess I'm not feeling a lot of strain by Ivy's price since my final price will be about $200 plus shipping
Old 03-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #555
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I hear what you're saying, though. It's one of those things were Ivy is a definite must for me and SW isn't. Just personal preference. But, I agree, she is relatively simple with no switch out pieces.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #556
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I so miss those $299 days for a PF.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #557
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I so miss those $299 days for a PF.
LOL, hell I miss the days of the $279 PF.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #558
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
LOL, hell I miss the days of the $279 PF.
Hmm 279.00 for a PF? Too bad I was collecting transformers at that time. only wish SS could give is those prices here and there for the more simple less materials used statues. For example some are so light like Freddy. That one should have been 299.99.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #559
CustomPaintWork
Kindly Asked To Leave

If you want to order Freddy, I have a $50 coupon you can knock off the price to 299.99 since it is gift card eligible.
CustomPaintWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #560
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomPaintWork View Post
If you want to order Freddy, I have a $50 coupon you can knock off the price to 299.99 if you want since it is gift card eligible.

Wow thanks so much, I already have him. But thanks for the great offer my friend. He did seem a bit on the light side to me. But the sculpt was insanely well done.