Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-18-2020, 04:48 PM   #211
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

As promised, finally got to open this up and took pictures! The styrofoam was a real tight fit in the artbox. If i ever put it back in the box will be a real pain removing the empty foam. They really did a excellent job on her. The base is similar to Snake Eye's base, with a glittering snow effect with tree stump sticking out. The snow effect is fantastic! Her EX headsculpt i think i like better. The ponytails on each head is removable, each one takes identical tails. Kinda wish they had made one different. There is a lot of attention to detail on this. Her armor all the different textures straps, etc is done really well. There is a switchout holster, if you decide to display her with 2 pistols. They included a 2020 poster for Prime1 products.

Enjoy the pictures! More pictures here:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=1#post5827974

House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:26 PM   #212
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Looks great. I think I like the first head sculpt better (it is softer).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:07 PM   #213
dao2
Cyclops

Looks pretty damn good.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:09 AM   #214
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Prime 1 didn’t disappoint. Congrats… Love your display, looks really good.
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:10 PM   #215
MegatronG1
The X-Men

What source material did the red star on her shoulder pad come from? Unfortunate design choice.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:47 AM   #216
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
What source material did the red star on her shoulder pad come from? Unfortunate design choice.
Only if you decide to attach political meanings to random shapes and colours.

Once you buy the statue it can be, and mean what you want.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:28 AM   #217
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Only if you decide to attach political meanings to random shapes and colours.

Once you buy the statue it can be, and mean what you want.
I am only asking what source material the red star is based on. Answer: none, they just arbitrarily put it there because it looked cool. Perhaps the Brazilian sculptor and art director (had to check Artstation) have certain sympathies to some peculiar things. The shape is not flat, either, so that's even more damning. Hasbro approved it, so whatever. Most people these days don't care either, because they're blissfully ignorant.

Scarlett is only seen with a flat white star in a few comics. No star in the toys, cartoons, and most comics.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:00 AM   #218
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
I am only asking what source material the red star is based on. Answer: none, they just arbitrarily put it there because it looked cool. Perhaps the Brazilian sculptor and art director (had to check Artstation) have certain sympathies to some peculiar things. The shape is not flat, either, so that's even more damning. Hasbro approved it, so whatever. Most people these days don't care either, because they're blissfully ignorant.

Scarlett is only seen with a flat white star in a few comics. No star in the toys, cartoons, and most comics.
Yep, no where i remember, or can find in pictures for the time i care to waste on it i can find pictures of her i with a red star. The stars are all white, Transformers vs Gi Joe IDW #2 closest example.(Picture below) If the star is just the issue the shoulder pad should be noticed, and color scheme of it is off as well. But im not going to nitpick on this. Considering it is one of the few 1/4 scale Gi Joe Scarlett pieces around. From the start when it was put up, i have been happy with it. Even more so now, that i have it in person. I am blissfully ignorant.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:59 PM   #219
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:

Blissfully ignorant of what (maybe due to forum rules, don't answer that).....but my point is, why can't a red star be just a red star?

Someone not getting excited about it doesn't mean they're "blissfully ignorant", maybe they just don't want to politicize their statues that way.

Just bear in mind as well, for some people, seeing a British or US Flag on the statue may be just as disconcerting......

The best part is, when it comes, just paint it white....or whatever colour floats your boat. Should be an easy mod to make.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:55 PM   #220
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

She has red shoulder pads sometimes, but not stars. Maybe they wanted to match her hair. Super easy thing to repaint at least. I'm surprised no one caught that when she was first shown.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote