Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
Ladylusiphur
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Best Top-Cow line up?

Hi all.

I need some advice for completing my collection.

At present I have Angelus and the Darkness statues, and Magdalena is on the way. (I found a cheap AP of the first statue, typically a few days after ordering the new one!!)
I've wanted a Witchblade for ages but can't decide which to go for.

The first version is nice but I don't feel like the base fits as well with the other characters.
The second is almost impossible to find for sale (is this actually a Moore statue or am I looking for the wrong thing?)
The bikini statue isn't to my taste due to the extreme lack of clothes, but I quite like the red schoolgirl one as the base is really nice, although I don't know if this really fits in with the theme. I always saw it as more of a cute/sexy version of the character, and not in any way definitive. (for the purposes of my collection anyway)
After that I have to decide do I want Aphrodite IX, Fathom etc. I'll wait a while for those though.

But what say you? What's do you consider to be the best line up? (pics if you have them please, for ideas!)
Ladylusiphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I consider the original to be the best, even though the wood base may not fit in perfectly. I've owned all of the Witchblade's at one point (except the bikini version) and would say the original is perfection, then my second choice would be the second Witchblade and lastly the schoolgirl version.

I also have Angelus and have previously owned the original and AP Magdalena. I also currently own Aphrodite IX (original).
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylusiphur View Post
Hi all.

I need some advice for completing my collection.

At present I have Angelus and the Darkness statues, and Magdalena is on the way. (I found a cheap AP of the first statue, typically a few days after ordering the new one!!)
I've wanted a Witchblade for ages but can't decide which to go for.

The first version is nice but I don't feel like the base fits as well with the other characters.
The first is classic Michael Turner. I just sold mine for $60 on ebay, which hurt. She is a gorgeous piece. Definitely worth more than what she goes for. I kind of wish I would have backed out of the sale. The only reason I sold her was due to space issues. I sold most of my non-quarter scale statues.

The second is almost impossible to find for sale (is this actually a Moore statue or am I looking for the wrong thing?)
Never liked the second one. IMO it is too generic.
The bikini statue isn't to my taste due to the extreme lack of clothes, but I quite like the red schoolgirl one as the base is really nice, although I don't know if this really fits in with the theme. I always saw it as more of a cute/sexy version of the character, and not in any way definitive. (for the purposes of my collection anyway)
All the variations of this one killed my interest.
After that I have to decide do I want Aphrodite IX, Fathom etc. I'll wait a while for those though.

But what say you? What's do you consider to be the best line up? (pics if you have them please, for ideas!)
The original Witchblade looks great with Angelus. I think she would also look great with Mags. All action poses not model poses like the second version and the variations of the armor statue.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Ladylusiphur

Hmm. I think I may take your advice and get a 1st Witchblade statue. I see the silver one occasionally and am tempted, but may just go with a cheap one.

It's a shame that it doesn't seem financially viable to make many male characters. (of this type) I'd love to see an Ian Nottingham or Kenneth Irons, and another Darkness is well overdue, although the original is probably one of my favourite 3 statues ever. (along with Angelus and DVD Wonder Woman v's Superman)

Can't wait to get Magdalena and take some pics!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

2 is my favorite...they pop up once and awhile on the bay..if your patient, you can pick one up for fairly cheap...got mine for under 200.

MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

I have to agree that the 1st Witchblade is my favorite! It's a great Turner representation of early Witchblade.

As for the base, if you're referring to the wood base, display it without it! That's what I did and have been much happier since trying that display option.
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
deadeyes702
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

This is the one I have, I like it very much.
deadeyes702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #8
iceprince_x
Deadman

I believe that the first Witchblade is closer to the heart of the art direction of the entire Top Cow/CS Moore Line... it was able to show the Micheal Turner looks and the Marc Silvestri body. Though Witchblade II has her own take, nothing beats the first one especially if you are aiming for the Top Cow Trinity.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
Ladylusiphur

All these pics are amazing! I'll reply more fully after I'm home from work but just wondering if anyone has had issues with the base of the Magdalena AP. She came today and she's AMAZING! But the base seems ever so slightly curved so she doesn't quite sit flat. I don't like the fact that it's not 100% secure so will buy some extra felt feet to try and stabilize her. Is this a common thing? (with this or other Moore statues, I've not come across it before)