Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-04-2021, 09:55 PM   #81
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo84 View Post
Are those bestas the superman is resting on?
Yes those are mine. The Superman is on a standard besta. And so is the hulbuster in the back. The large cabinets on either side of the wall are large Pax’s
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:06 AM   #82
Mooste
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Yes those are mine. The Superman is on a standard besta. And so is the hulbuster in the back. The large cabinets on either side of the wall are large Pax’s
Oh! What did you use to in front of those PAX's? Something you made?
Mooste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:59 PM   #83
stevo84
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Yes, I see very intriguing Are they glass doors? Did you have them made yourself? It's just one piece of glass for each door, isn't it?. Were the hinges from Ikea? I am looking for something like this which is cost-effective but the doors Ikea sell well there is the only one that is acrylic/glass and it has too many divider bars to make an effective display door.
stevo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:34 PM   #84
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
Oh! What did you use to in front of those PAX's? Something you made?
Do you mean the doors? They're custom plexiglass doors.

Quote:
Yes, I see very intriguing Are they glass doors? Did you have them made yourself? It's just one piece of glass for each door, isn't it?. Were the hinges from Ikea? I am looking for something like this which is cost-effective but the doors Ikea sell well there is the only one that is acrylic/glass and it has too many divider bars to make an effective display door.
Yes they are custom plexiglass doors, 1 solid piece for each cabinet.

These are the hinges:

https://www.kitchensource.com/hinges/ha-344.89.730.htm

IMO the doors really complete the display presentation. Highly recommend finding a custom plexiglass supplier and getting doors made for your display.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:57 PM   #85
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Question: this is my first time dealing with Prime 1 economy shipping. Back at the end of February, I had two UPS tracking numbers show up in UPS My Choice. I finally figured out that the numbers related to my Prime 1 black suit Superman order.

They’ve been listed as “Order Processed: Ready for UPS” since then. But nothing has changed.

Does anybody know Prime 1 enter the UPS shipping info when the item leaves Asia, or when it arrives in the US, or what?
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:17 PM   #86
stevo84

Quote:
Do you mean the doors? They're custom plexiglass doors.

Yes they are custom plexiglass doors, 1 solid piece for each cabinet.

These are the hinges:

https://www.kitchensource.com/hinges/ha-344.89.730.htm

IMO the doors really complete the display presentation. Highly recommend finding a custom plexiglass supplier and getting doors made for your display.

Thanks for the information, What size were your pax can you remember?. And what size was each door? Just curious as to how much smaller It needs to be. Also can you remember what thickness?. Do you have a latch on each door to keep it closed?. Do you have any images front on?
Old 03-07-2021, 12:31 PM   #87
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Thanks for the information, What size were your pax can you remember?. And what size was each door? Just curious as to how much smaller It needs to be. Also can you remember what thickness?. Do you have a latch on each door to keep it closed?. Do you have any images front on?
This is the DIY I followed:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...d.php?t=176476

Definitely go with the 1/4" thick Plexiglass, 1/8th is too flimsy and anything thicker is too heavy. I highly recommend using the metal braces on the shelves as well.

Good Luck!
Old 03-07-2021, 08:01 PM   #88
stevo84

Quote:
This is the DIY I followed:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...d.php?t=176476

Definitely go with the 1/4" thick Plexiglass, 1/8th is too flimsy and anything thicker is too heavy. I highly recommend using the metal braces on the shelves as well.

Good Luck!
Ahh, that's perfect thanks it's a step by step. Did you follow it all? I understand it all except for one item which i notice he bought but doesn't mention installing it. Do you know what the tension rods are for? Are these to reinforce underneath the shelves?
Old 03-07-2021, 08:15 PM   #89
stevo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Question: this is my first time dealing with Prime 1 economy shipping. Back at the end of February, I had two UPS tracking numbers show up in UPS My Choice. I finally figured out that the numbers related to my Prime 1 black suit Superman order.

They’ve been listed as “Order Processed: Ready for UPS” since then. But nothing has changed.

Does anybody know Prime 1 enter the UPS shipping info when the item leaves Asia, or when it arrives in the US, or what?
Only just seen this Sorry I am unable to help you mate I don't buy direct It's cheaper for me to buy from UK supplier I've only bought a couple of products direct to acquire the exclusive.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:55 PM   #90
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Ahh, that's perfect thanks it's a step by step. Did you follow it all? I understand it all except for one item which i notice he bought but doesn't mention installing it. Do you know what the tension rods are for? Are these to reinforce underneath the shelves?
I didn’t use the tension rod. I believe he used it to support the glass shelf Which I don’t have.

I also recommend buying some melamine edge tape to finish the fronts of the shelves after installing the metal braces. Will give them a clean finish to match the rest of the Pax faux wood finish.

Ive had these cabinets now for 4+ years and they look great. A couple of the shelves have 60lbs+ of statues and I don’t see any warping. The metal braces (on front and back) of each shelf make a big difference in overall rigidity and strength.