Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #1481
quadcent
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
I tried to take a pic of mine and use the bottom of the shelf as a guide to determine if she is leaning or not.

I really don't see a lean to her like some of the other pics have indicated.

My only noticable problem is that her rightside wing (left in pic) isn't in alignment with the other one, so that does seem a bit off.

Beyond that, I think she is extremely well done and do not regret my purchase. I just have to wait for replacement wings (due to spots cracking on the decals)
Jayden, who are them two other statues of, they look great. and what scale are they?
quadcent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #1482
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Ok, I got jealous of everyone's fantastic Aspen statue. So I broke down and picked one up. I'm happy with mine.

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:58 PM   #1483
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Awesome pics, they all look gorgeous together!!!! I'm jealous
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:36 PM   #1484
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadcent View Post
Jayden, who are them two other statues of, they look great. and what scale are they?
The first statue on the left in the picture:
Back in black, and loving it! Celebrating 20 years of the mysterious Dawn, this statue features a seductive sculpt by Sam Greenwell, designed to show the world the darker side of the Goddess of Birth and Rebirth. Measuring about 9-inches tall with chain accents, this PVC piece based on the "Back in Black" artwork of Joseph Michael Linsner is the perfect addition to any statue collection!

The statue on the opposite side:
An exciting line featuring the most alluring femme fatales of modern comics' history, this series of seductive vinyl statues begins with Jim Balent's Witch of the Black Rose-- Tarot! Standing over 8-inches tall and based on her namesake comic, this Sam Greenwell sculpt showcases the BroadSword Comics beauty as never before, combining the heroine's mystical prowess with her warrior's edge. She'll cast her spell over you!

They are both roughly $40.00 each, so not a bad price and are part of the Femme Fatales line.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:06 AM   #1485
Phillip
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Awesome pics, they all look gorgeous together!!!! I'm jealous

Those are great pics!!
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:40 AM   #1486
jhownz

Hey guys,

has anyone ordered direct through Aspen got this yet? Last email I got was to confirm my desired # and to log in for my billing info. That was almost 2 weeks ago. I emailed back a few days ago asking if I was billed already but haven't heard anything yet..

My LCS has this in stock for almost 3 weeks now. I would have thought ordering direct meant getting it earlier.. guess not.
jhownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:03 AM   #1487
C.B.
Doh!

The Lean. . . and a Lack of Symmetry?

Just curious. Have those of you who have recently reported "leaning" statues checked the placement of the feet beneath your statues' bases?

As I posted earlier (see Page 131), I really do believe that the apparent lean of my statue was caused by a misplaced foot/misplaced feet. Rather than try to remove and relocate the foot/feet to where I think that it/they should have been (I didn't want to risk damaging the underside of my statue's base), I simply opted to insert a spacer beneath the base where I felt that one of the feet should have been---elevating the base on one side so that it would be level/flush with the surface that it sits upon.

With its base now level/flush, my statue appears "straight."

Simple.

At least in my case.

As for the lack of symmetry in Aspen's "wings. . ."

I'm of the opinion that this was/is intentional. You see the same thing--this lack of symmetry--in the translucent fins on Aspen's legs and in the positioning of her arms. Most "natural" forms lack symmetry---and I think that that was what Dene was attempting to capture here: a natural form.

I think that Dene succeeded, but I'll concede that that's just my opinion.

And I respect others.

Finally, for those of you who have asked about the "fragility" of the statue, I honestly find mine to be quite solid and stable when assembled. Yes, the "wings" are delicate--frankly, that wasn't really a surprise to me--but mine rest securely upon Aspen's shoulders. (Fortunately, I didn't have to do any sanding/shaving/clipping/etc. to get mine seated properly---though, admittedly, negotiating the one wing around Aspen's hair was a bit tricky.)

The best way to describe this statue, I think, is as "intricately detailed" and "quite beautiful"---and it's unfortunate that several--but, not, I think, most and, certainly, not all--of us here have received damaged/broken statues that are getting in the way of really appreciating this statue for the work of art that it is.

My hat's off to Dene, Frank, and the rest of the crew at Aspen for producing an amazing piece---and for going that extra mile to ensure that replacement parts will be sent to those of us who need them. (That was Mike's way, and I think that he would be proud.)

And, no, I don't work for Aspen.

I'm just a fan.

Like all of you.

Speaking of which. . .

Frank, any word on when that Fathom movie's going to happen?
C.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:06 AM   #1488
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

All,

Just a quick update in regards to the Aspen statues shipping from our store...

We tried to plan out having the statues from our store ship out the same week they did from Diamond. However, our shipment was sent separately from Diamond's since they have a different brokerage company that handles their customs, duties, receiving, etc. Unfortunately, since we only ship in statues every couple of years, we wind up using a different company every time and things were delayed with our statues. Nothing major, but enough to hold them up for a week or two.

Now, when we saw several of the first people having some of the problems they have been, that put me into overdrive trying to get things resolved. Thankfully, everyone involved in the making of this statue are great individuals and we'll have problems such as broken wings and such fixed and fulfilled as soon as we can. However, I didn't want all of the store statues shipping out and potentially seeing more of the same problems.

So, this coming Wednesday, I'll personally be inspecting and checking all 300 of the statues we have for the store and making sure they're in as perfect as can be condition before they ship out. I have two people I trust helping me open the boxes so I can dutifully check the statue, wings and paint to ensure the statues you purchased from our store ship out in great condition.

I know checking all of these will take a while, so the plan is to check all of the ordered numbers first so that once they're ok'd and good to ship, they'll be out by this Thursday morning. We have roughly 100 statues ordered and needing to ship, so my main priority will be checking those ordered ones first so we get them out right away. From there, and depending on how many more I'm able to get through checking, I'll finish up over the weekend. I believe Chris put them back in stock on our store, so if you were thinking of ordering one, you can now order with the utmost confidence of knowing your statue is being double checked before it's shipped.

Honestly, I didn't want to delay sending these out at all, but I couldn't determine any other solution to this except to just check them all myself. I certainly have other pressing things to do, but I understand completely what it's like to spend your hard earned money on something you've waited anxiously to receive, just to unfortunately see it broken or not meet your expectations.

If anyone has questions, just let me know. I apologize for the slight delay in getting these out and really appreciate your patience and understanding. Thanks!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 AM   #1489
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.B. View Post
Frank, any word on when that Fathom movie's going to happen?
CB,

Thanks for the kind words and support. Much appreciated!

And great question! I'll have an update for everyone on that quite soon actually.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:42 AM   #1490
jhownz

Thanks!! Really appreciate the effort in doing the double-check before shipping out. I feel much better knowing that any paint flaws and breakage would be caught before shipping.

It might be a bit much with 300 statues, but would the check include ensuring the wings fit properly? From reading some posts here, some are having problems with that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
All,

Just a quick update in regards to the Aspen statues shipping from our store...

We tried to plan out having the statues from our store ship out the same week they did from Diamond. However, our shipment was sent separately from Diamond's since they have a different brokerage company that handles their customs, duties, receiving, etc. Unfortunately, since we only ship in statues every couple of years, we wind up using a different company every time and things were delayed with our statues. Nothing major, but enough to hold them up for a week or two.

Now, when we saw several of the first people having some of the problems they have been, that put me into overdrive trying to get things resolved. Thankfully, everyone involved in the making of this statue are great individuals and we'll have problems such as broken wings and such fixed and fulfilled as soon as we can. However, I didn't want all of the store statues shipping out and potentially seeing more of the same problems.

So, this coming Wednesday, I'll personally be inspecting and checking all 300 of the statues we have for the store and making sure they're in as perfect as can be condition before they ship out. I have two people I trust helping me open the boxes so I can dutifully check the statue, wings and paint to ensure the statues you purchased from our store ship out in great condition.

I know checking all of these will take a while, so the plan is to check all of the ordered numbers first so that once they're ok'd and good to ship, they'll be out by this Thursday morning. We have roughly 100 statues ordered and needing to ship, so my main priority will be checking those ordered ones first so we get them out right away. From there, and depending on how many more I'm able to get through checking, I'll finish up over the weekend. I believe Chris put them back in stock on our store, so if you were thinking of ordering one, you can now order with the utmost confidence of knowing your statue is being double checked before it's shipped.

Honestly, I didn't want to delay sending these out at all, but I couldn't determine any other solution to this except to just check them all myself. I certainly have other pressing things to do, but I understand completely what it's like to spend your hard earned money on something you've waited anxiously to receive, just to unfortunately see it broken or not meet your expectations.

If anyone has questions, just let me know. I apologize for the slight delay in getting these out and really appreciate your patience and understanding. Thanks!
jhownz is offline   Reply With Quote