Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-23-2023, 02:31 AM   #41
supermetroid
Teen Titans

If it's legit it's a very good likeness...but it'd be creepy having it in my house lol. Also if that's the proto and it comes out 80% as good I'd be pissed spending that much as well.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 05:13 AM   #42
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
If it's legit it's a very good likeness...but it'd be creepy having it in my house lol. Also if that's the proto and it comes out 80% as good I'd be pissed spending that much as well.
It could easily have just been a one off.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 06:46 AM   #43
pdenham
Teen Titans

That video posted would give me serious pause.

Whoever put it together employed some flashy, video style effects during the turnaround and I can only ask why?
For a custom with what should be well under 50 units to produce? That's the kind of disruptive effect you would employ if you want to mask something- like the seams in a deepfake/AI constructed clip.

If someone has put there deposit down, I wish 'em luck.
I hope the buzz-killers like myself are wrong, for their sake.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 11:03 AM   #44
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Let's stop here cause the situation is extremely strange ... let's stop here.

Nevertheless, if the rumours are real, Marvel MUST step in and clean the mess. If the rumours are real, the hobby is heading to dangerous paths.
Can you elaborate a little? How serious this could be for the hobby?
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 11:08 AM   #45
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Anyone thinks this is the same person in question? He has posted many busts from QS there. Not sure what that means?

It is supposed to be a website for showcasing and sharing original artworks by various artists around the world.

Is he suggesting that he is the original artist for those busts from QS? Very strange.

https://www.artstation.com/yuriiyurman

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/g0yJWm
Old 07-23-2023, 02:46 PM   #46
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

This has scam written all over it, or at the very least a company that doesn’t have a license trying to produce this. It always amazes me how quick people are to pay up. So many former members on here get scammed then leave the hobby, like SideshowJoe.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 03:07 PM   #47
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
This has scam written all over it, or at the very least a company that doesn?t have a license trying to produce this. It always amazes me how quick people are to pay up. So many former members on here get scammed then leave the hobby, like SideshowJoe.
It's clear it's unlicensed but that doesn't make it a scam. I wouldn't risk my money as I have no idea who they are but I do have 3 other customs on order so I am less opposed to unlicensed work than others may be
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 03:43 PM   #48
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
This has scam written all over it, or at the very least a company that doesn?t have a license trying to produce this. It always amazes me how quick people are to pay up. So many former members on here get scammed then leave the hobby, like SideshowJoe.
Wow didn't know that, I remember her buying nearly everything that came out too Even the idea of using Paypal for the refund option could be a risk right? The seller could change the release to a quarter or two later or just send a cheap version.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 03:52 PM   #49
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I am just always very cautious with people that have no history that produce the best thing ever seen suddenly bursting on the scenes. That’s all. Collectors can do what they wish, I’m just always surprised how many jump on board in these situations. Best of luck to all.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 06:32 PM   #50
Hobbyist

I suppose some of you have already watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Gp6nVo2CU