Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Erick Sosa

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #21
alcortez
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
Any respect I had for them is now gone ... not that it would matter to them I'm sure.

I swear I saw this posted on FB the other day, I thought it was Troy's, so I didn't even give it a second thought because I'd already seen Troy's.

I'm going to back track and whoever it is will be gone from my friends list before the night's out.
I am a frequent poster on both forums, and to bash the whole work of an entire forum is just wrong. You are basing your opinion on one group of sculptors who decided to copy an idea. Which I agree is wrong. There are a lot of sculptors on that forum that are very talented and have original ideas.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #22
AYsculpture
Sculptor
Sculptor

i agree on what you are saying alcortez..but dont you think that those sculptors who come here and post too should warn the guy or at least not support his low class deed...
Old 10-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #23
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcortez View Post
I am a frequent poster on both forums, and to bash the whole work of an entire forum is just wrong. You are basing your opinion on one group of sculptors who decided to copy an idea. Which I agree is wrong. There are a lot of sculptors on that forum that are very talented and have original ideas.
I partially agree, but the people running that forum shouldn't support recasters are people who steal ideas. If they aren't they risk damaging the credibility of the good, honest sculptors.

People have been banned here for stealing and recasting, so should be the rule everywhere.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #24
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Hey how about we persuade BD to buy Troy's Hulk and make it official which will make this dude offically illegal, it's a win-win!!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #25
troyboy
Sculptor
Sculptor

Ha! You'd think they would have at least thanked us for providing the full-turnaround blueprints.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #26
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcortez View Post
This is the second time that this "group" has been caught doing something like this, the last time it was recasting Bowen statues, so you'll forgive me if I see a trend.

I'm sure there are good people there, unfortunately a few bad apples usually tends to taint the whole barrel.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #27
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
Ha! You'd think they would have at least thanked us for providing the full-turnaround blueprints.
Just for the record, yours is still WAAAAY better, the nuances that you put into your sculpt glare out at you like beacons.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #28
sinigang
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
This is the second time that this "group" has been caught doing something like this, the last time it was recasting Bowen statues, so you'll forgive me if I see a trend.

I'm sure there are good people there, unfortunately a few bad apples usually tends to taint the whole barrel.
Sad but TRUE
Old 10-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #29
AYsculpture
Sculptor
Sculptor

they do not even have the talent to copy properly lol! anatomy is so off
Old 10-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #30
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Just for the record, yours is still WAY better, the nuances that you put into your sculpt glare out at you like beacons.
Both of those copies are far more inferior than the originals, I agree Troy and Avi's personal touches are missing from the copies and that makes them souless...
Closed Thread