Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-03-2016, 05:18 PM   #491
coolandwarm
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Less than 20 Murderous Intent left !

Expect them to be gone by the weekend
Is the long hair version going to include the short hair version. That would be awesome
coolandwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:26 PM   #492
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolandwarm View Post
Is the long hair version going to include the short hair version. That would be awesome
The long hair Ryu has no swap out portraits.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:55 PM   #493
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If it does then no one would buy the short hair ex version.
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:59 PM   #494
bangooface
Blue Falcon

Keeping both. Can't pass it up.
bangooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:43 PM   #495
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeek View Post
Yeah I agree with RB. You can pretty much get any PCS preordered statue for cost nowadays. If you miss out there's a good chance you can get it before the release, especially with the long delays it takes for anything to come out. I've even seen people willing to undersell their deposit amount just to transfer it. Bottom line is patience.
Agree, and sadly the delays and now changes have me considering dumping all my 1/3 SF preorders and passing on the whole line.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:30 AM   #496
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I wish I could get both too
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:32 AM   #497
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
I've never sold a PCS piece for retail or lower. Never!

And these are recent pieces and older less popular statues. Rule of thumb, buy the exclusive. You won't lose money.

So if your points refer to buying and selling Regular versions with TBD ES I guess I can get on board with your points. But as far as the Ex versions, I completely disagree.
Unfortunately those days are long over. Try to sell Honda or Gouken at retail, almost impossible. This is for all exclusives of the regular versions. I stopped collecting Street Fighter because of space issues and chose for Marvel and DC, I am only keeping the 1/4 & 1/3 Akuma and Shin Akuma and 1/4 & 1/3 Ryu and Evil Ryu. All the rest is gone or am right now selling them. From experience of selling them off (also the PO's) I can tell it is very hard to get retail for the more recent pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni_Akuma_1982 View Post
I don't understand why you guys need to see a piece sold out (actually, I know why but still). I think the first akuma took months to be sold out ... Anyway, I'm so happy I ordered the Dark Hado, perfect match with Oni
I was one of those that collected SF stuff when the first Akuma came out and it felt like there were worldwide only 10 collectors that did (there were also almost no posts here on the forum concerning SF), nowadays there are a lot more fans willing to spend $ on it.

Problem for SF is that other companies like XM or Iron Studios, Prime 1, ... show a lot of statues and you have to choose. Space is limited, think of all the shippers alone, not even mentioning display space.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:58 AM   #498
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Unfortunately those days are long over. Try to sell Honda or Gouken at retail, almost impossible. This is for all exclusives of the regular versions. I stopped collecting Street Fighter because of space issues and chose for Marvel and DC, I am only keeping the 1/4 & 1/3 Akuma and Shin Akuma and 1/4 & 1/3 Ryu and Evil Ryu. All the rest is gone or am right now selling them. From experience of selling them off (also the PO's) I can tell it is very hard to get retail for the more recent pieces.

I was one of those that collected SF stuff when the first Akuma came out and it felt like there were worldwide only 10 collectors that did (there were also almost no posts here on the forum concerning SF), nowadays there are a lot more fans willing to spend $ on it.

Problem for SF is that other companies like XM or Iron Studios, Prime 1, ... show a lot of statues and you have to choose. Space is limited, think of all the shippers alone, not even mentioning display space.
I don't know what to tell you guys. I don't want to start listing sales prices here, but I've sold "recently released" statues very recently and received well above retail on all of them.

They've been exclusives, and sold out. But zero at retail or less.

Just because someone offers you less than retail doesn't mean you have to accept.

I can't speak for the other PCS lines, as I do not collect them. But as far as Street Fighter is concerned if the statue is SOLD OUT, there is absolutely no reason you shouldn't get above retail for the statue.

Unless you are desperate and simply accepting any offer that comes your way. I should also note that I never sell P/Os. So perhaps that's the experience you're having trouble with?
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:20 AM   #499
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Then you were very lucky or there is just not as much interest in Europe for them.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:44 PM   #500
A2G
The Herculoids

have AP emails gone out yet?
A2G is offline   Reply With Quote