Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-15-2019, 06:44 PM   #321
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
The ground is hot, Cyclops generates no heat so it could never be his blast anyway.
Ah, yes. Concussive blast. Fair point.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:05 PM   #322
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicornbang View Post
My real question is who is going to take my money and sell a swap out arm with his hand on his visor. Let's make this happen.
How do you propose utilizing a swap out arm on a statue where the arms don't detach to begin with?
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:09 PM   #323
Unicornbang
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
How do you propose utilizing a swap out arm on a statue where the arms don't detach to begin with?
Is this confirmed? From the look of the images, both arms have seams that look like they are not attached to the statue. I could be wrong though. I always look for seams on a statue, and if they are attached to the statue, they do not appear to be molded to the body originally.
Unicornbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:12 PM   #324
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Definitely picking this up. Probably displaying the screaming portrait with plain visor to be honest.
That would be my display as well. I never understood the smoking effect (is it energy blast residue?) and the blast is just ugly to me.

I still don’t know if I want to just keep my OG or get this. I don’t need multiples of the same costume. I’m getting new Jean. I got rid of the old one already. But there’s pros and cons about each Cyclops. They’re both on rocks. Rogue and Jean were far easier decisions.

What would be awesome? The new sculpt with the old pose. Instant purchase.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:17 PM   #325
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Quote:
Is this confirmed? From the look of the images, both arms have seams that look like they are not attached to the statue. I could be wrong though. I always look for seams on a statue, and if they are attached to the statue, they do not appear to be molded to the body originally.
Definitely looks like seams there.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:41 PM   #326
chronos1919
Nightwing

Yeah, those are definitely seams. Makes sense that they wouldn't ship the whole upper torso as one piece.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:45 PM   #327
supermetroid
Teen Titans

But it looks like the seams are below the shoulder, to do the hand to head the angle wouldn't work I believe as both shoulders are down.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:49 PM   #328
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
But it looks like the seams are below the shoulder, to do the hand to head the angle wouldn't work I believe as both shoulders are down.
I believe you're right. No realistic way to meet that pose.

The original PF would be nearly perfect if he weren't looking up into the sky. A shame this one doesn't come with the leather jacket. Maybe someone will make a run of custom jackets.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #329
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Even if a person can not afford something, they may still receive it.

You should have said, "...convince others that they shouldn’t purchase it either?"

Perhaps before you comment on other peoples' spelling, you should review your grammar.
No, what I said was correct.

One does not have to purchase the item in order to acquire it. They can receive it as a gift.

A "hater" does not distinguish between acquiring the item thru ones own personal means or as a gift. They simply request NO ONE acquires the item because they can't have it themselves.

ie- "I wouldn't accept the Psylocke PF if Sideshow paid me, therefore no one should buy it."

That is the sentiment I was referring to.

But thank you for caring so much. Try again some other time.
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:43 PM   #330
Amazing Peter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post
No, what I said was correct.

One does not have to purchase the item in order to acquire it. They can receive it as a gift.

A "hater" does not distinguish between acquiring the item thru ones own personal means or as a gift. They simply request NO ONE acquires the item because they can't have it themselves.

ie- "I wouldn't accept the Psylocke PF if Sideshow paid me, therefore no one should buy it."

That is the sentiment I was referring to.

But thank you for caring so much. Try again some other time.
No one was hating on anyone,you don’t understand sarcasm,you made up the whole story up like everything else you say
Amazing Peter is offline   Reply With Quote