Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-01-2011, 02:24 AM   #4441
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Yeah, I dig that. We can't have every single piece we desire... that is, unless you have averone kind of money.
Yes, but unfortunately for Alex... donating all of his organs for that pile of scratch has left him as little more than a disembodied head in a jar.

His wife has a special shelf for him in the kitchen pantry when he's "in a tiff"; when he's especially grumpy, she spins the jar so he's facing the wall.

She showed him to me once, when he was in there.. and it looked something like this:

Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:29 AM   #4442
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Yes, but unfortunately for Alex... donating all of his organs for that pile of scratch has left him as little more than a disembodied head in a jar.

His wife has a special shelf for him in the kitchen pantry when he's "in a tiff"; when he's especially grumpy, she spins the jar so he's facing the wall.

She showed him to me once, when he was in there.. and it looked something like this:

Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #4443
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post

ARGO!!! THE KING!!!

Kickass avatar, brother!!!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #4444
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
I should've bought it from you Barb when I had the chance oh well one mans loss is another mans gain. Congratulations Mamba.
Thanks man, I thought you already got one of this. Btw I enjoy your youtube videos, great job.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #4445
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Iron Man Comiquette

So I just got this literally 20 minutes ago. I feel confident it's not a recast, but just want to hear from you guys as well. The pegs are copper, the head is a round & fairly long peg while the leg is a rectangular peg. The arm is bent high over the line of the head. The base looks to be legit with no over/under exaggerated energy residing in the ground. Seems like the right gold and red colors and back plates are all aligned correctly. Box seems legit. What do you guys think from these pics?

jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #4446
celticwarrior77
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Sorry i am not able to confirm nor deny about recasting but i wanted to chim in and say i think he looks great! This is a piece i have been chasing for awhile now
celticwarrior77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:18 AM   #4447
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

thanks celtic...hopefully i'll get more input from other posters if anyone still looks at this thread lol
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:50 AM   #4448
marco40alien
Hydra

New collection piece Jack Sparrow Premium Format 587/1500 Sideshow Collectibles!!

marco40alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #4449
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
thanks celtic...hopefully i'll get more input from other posters if anyone still looks at this thread lol
Congrats, jason. This piece is quite powerful. What color is the styrofoam? I used to have this piece, bought directly from SS, but sold it. If I remember correctly the neck peg was square. I could be wrong about that though.

Congrats on Jack, marco40alien. He looks terrific.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #4450
marco40alien
Hydra

Thanks Barbarian, looks so amazing my Jack. What's new with you otherwise and your collection?
marco40alien is offline   Reply With Quote