Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 05-08-2007, 10:26 PM   #41
noseeb13
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anespian View Post
Care to share a bit of a review on the Get Backers. Always wonder what's the story like when i see it on the shelf but never able to pull the trigger.
I've only watched the first few episodes so far, but I like it. Basically these 2 guys have a huge bar tab that they are working off by contracting themselves to recover things that have been stolen.
noseeb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #42
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseeb13 View Post
I've only watched the first few episodes so far, but I like it. Basically these 2 guys have a huge bar tab that they are working off by contracting themselves to recover things that have been stolen.
It was like that at first, pretty simple setting blended with some funny stuff.
But let me tell ya it'll get pretty serious and complicated real soon with the appearance of new characters and missions.

Get Backers gives me a feeling of HunterXHunter, everything was very simple and seems worth a look till the new characters reveals new plots and craps...

At any rate, enjoy!
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:27 AM   #43
CanadianMachine
I am da law!

Just finished watching Hellsing series and loved it.
CanadianMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:23 AM   #44
TheJoker
The Doh! has to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMachine View Post
Just finished watching Hellsing series and loved it.
Finally someone agrees with me...now go watch the Ultimate version (very very similar to the original some of the same sceens actually) you wont be disappointed
TheJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:55 AM   #45
CanadianMachine
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
Finally someone agrees with me...now go watch the Ultimate version (very very similar to the original some of the same sceens actually) you wont be disappointed
Whats the Ultimate version?
CanadianMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #46
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMachine View Post
Whats the Ultimate version?
the original was a half season TV series, with a relatively small budget. the Ultimate series is direct to DVD OVA, which allows for a better budget and longer production time. It's a completely reanimated version of the same Manga. The pacing is actually closer to the manga, and the violence is turned up a notch. There are currently 3 volumes of the Ultimate realease in Japan, each is about 45 minutes. It's the same story, a bit more condensed, but there are a lot of elements i felt were missing from the original TV series, especially Sera Victoria's inner battles and relationship with Alucard.

worth a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Get Backers gives me a feeling of HunterXHunter, everything was very simple and seems worth a look till the new characters reveals new plots and craps...
At any rate, enjoy!
i agree. i lost interest early on. and started watching Black Cat instead.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:21 AM   #47
Gatekeeper2Hell
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseeb13 View Post
I just finished the fourth disc of Get Backers last night. The first 2 discs seem to be intended to establish their world and introduce the characters. At the start of the third disc, most of the major characters have to team up for a job and go into the Limitless Fortress. All of discs three and four are part of the same story arc, and it's continuing onto disc 5. That's 10+ episodes so far.
Gatekeeper2Hell is offline   Reply With Quote