Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-17-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
Gothamite
Phoenix

New Birds of Prey (October 2019)

Brian Azzarello and Emanuela Lupacchino are working on a new Birds of Prey series. The team roster has changed -- they've dropped Batgirl! Ugh.

Black Canary
Huntress
Harley Quinn
Renee Montoya

This really blows. It's obvious that the tail (the upcoming Margot Robbie movie) is wagging the dog.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

No Batgirl = No Birds of prey as far as I am concerned.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:27 AM   #3
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I hope they realize the error of their ways and re-introduce her, kinda like how she was absent for only a few issues during the New 52 version.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #4
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post

I love the Birds of prey comics but without batgirl i have no interest.
The movie is without batgirl an easy pass,too . No reason to go to the cinema.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:59 AM   #5
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I figured that this book was on it's way at some point. I am looking forward to it since the way I feel about Black Canary is the same way that Gothamite feels about Batgirl. I would like to think that we will see Batgirl in the book at some point, even if it is as an occasional guest star.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #6
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Harley has lost her way at DC. She’s a complex, dangerous, tortured and internally screwy person who’s best as a villain.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:13 PM   #7
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Harley has lost her way at DC. She’s a complex, dangerous, tortured and internally screwy person who’s best as a villain.
i can't agree with you more wktf.

DC turned harley in to a hero 'cause she's popular with espacilly girls. This kind of sudden turns really make me want to quit Batman comics... I don't read it anymore anyway... just buy a deluxe when they awalible and it stays in its shirnk rap. When i saw Batman help poison ivy as fellow hero on the detective comics pages or something, it was really cringe worthy... i mean this psycho who loves to feed people to her plants, would kill you without thinking a second time, if she saw you pull off a leaf from a tree... is suddenly a hero... pfft... they really make fun of us readers intelegence here... and i can't buy into harley and ivy love... ivy used to be only interested with plants, she only had sex with plants, you know the tantacle stuff, if i must say... lol now, she's suddenly a lesbian... lol yeah right... ivy is in the human game.... ---- this ---- DC lost its way in a increadible way to be pc, i believe. I don't read super hero comics anymore anyway, thanks to DC's idiocity... lol

Birds of prey without Batgirl and with hero harley now... Don't get your hopes up for that thing to fly DC... lol

I don't care with what they do with harley in the birds of prey film though. All i care about is Margot Robbie when it comes to film... it's good film or bad film, it doesn't matter, i will like it 'cause my blood won't be in my brain when i watch the film 'cause Margot Robbie...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:58 PM   #8
mmk123

Was it just me or was there no solicitation in the Dec DC Solicits for Birds of Prey #3. I would like to think that the book is not running late already.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:44 PM   #9
Gothamite
Phoenix

This has been re-solicited as a DC Black Label graphic novel instead of an ongoing series. I guess DC realized the Birds of Prey team needs Batgirl, NOT Harley Quinn.

Old 10-19-2019, 01:03 PM   #10
mmk123

I still hope we get a Birds of Prey series though. Obviously with Harley Quinn being the current DC cash cow and with the movie I can see DC's logic in having Harley in this book. I hope that we do get more insight in DC's decision to make this a graphic novel instead of am ongoing though.