Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-09-2019, 10:18 AM   #11
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
Tool is a unique band but I feel like they’re overrated. Lateralus was their only good album. They’re a very pretentious band in my opinion, which is why I don’t understand the fanbase that just dropped old over them 13 years between mediocre releases lol. I’m not trying to make enemies here, I’m a music lover and a huge metal head, but this is baffling.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, likes and dislikes...no enemies made at all.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:11 AM   #12
clutch
Sailor Moon

Just heard it on the radio. Mellow kind of Tool-like. I've seen them live since they were in little clubs and they blow me away every time.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:46 PM   #13
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Most of their stuff isn't too accessible, there's just so much ambience and small intricate parts that it's best to listen on a good system or headphones with no other distractions(I guess that'll sound pretentious but it's true lol). It's weird listing Lateralus as the only good album because of this, I think it's near perfect but think Aenima's even better as it's more diverse and accessible at the same time. I think the new album will be more like 10,000 days and Lateralus where it won't be as impressive while driving or streaming(surprised they did this) while working or whatever.

Apparently it's 7 songs and they're all 10 mins plus.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #14
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Most of their stuff isn't too accessible, there's just so much ambience and small intricate parts that it's best to listen on a good system or headphones with no other distractions(I guess that'll sound pretentious but it's true lol). It's weird listing Lateralus as the only good album because of this, I think it's near perfect but think Aenema's even better as it's more diverse and accessible at the same time. I think the new album will be more like 10,000 days and Lateralus where it won't be as impressive while driving or streaming(surprised they did this) while working or whatever.

Apparently it's 7 songs and they're all 10 mins plus.
not pretentious at all, I always try to listen to them on headphones, if possible Bose noise cancelling ones, also agree that its not something to listen to while driving.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:29 PM   #15
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I should've preordered earlier, now I can't find anywhere that has the physical album in stock If you guys find any let us know please
Old 08-14-2019, 06:54 PM   #16
Davidian
Omega Flight

Love the new single. Got the physical CD on preorder.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:50 AM   #17
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Love the new single. Got the physical CD on preorder.
Ive seen the cd priced at around £75 is that right? If so I'll wait for the normal cd to come out, don't need anything fancy to listen to an album.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:05 PM   #18
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Ive seen the cd priced at around £75 is that right? If so I'll wait for the normal cd to come out, don't need anything fancy to listen to an album.
From what I've heard, they're only releasing the record in physical format (CD) that has the screen, etc. The USD price for it is about $45, so roughly £38. So either buy the digital version, or get the crazy CD version (like I'm doing, ha). I have all of their albums on CD, and personally, since we've waited this long, I'm sure this will be their last record as a band, so I HAD to get a physical copy (I like having physical copies of my music/movies anyway).
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:09 AM   #19
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
From what I've heard, they're only releasing the record in physical format (CD) that has the screen, etc. The USD price for it is about $45, so roughly £38. So either buy the digital version, or get the crazy CD version (like I'm doing, ha). I have all of their albums on CD, and personally, since we've waited this long, I'm sure this will be their last record as a band, so I HAD to get a physical copy (I like having physical copies of my music/movies anyway).
If that's the case I think I'll wait and get the digital version, all my musics digital anyway now, I gave up cds a long time ago in a galaxy...wait that's wrong.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:31 PM   #20
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I think it's pretty great, the filler tracks are kind of weak I guess. Overall it doesn't flow as well as Lateralus or 10,000 days track to track but all the actual songs are awesome, I think my favorites are 7empest, Pneuma, and Invincible.

Kind of annoyed with the physical release being sold out everywhere and that's the only way to get it. I wish they'd make more or a regular version without the "fluff" lol.