Old 09-20-2020, 07:30 PM   #26991
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Mission Impossible: Fallout. 7/10
Old 09-21-2020, 08:28 AM   #26992
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Lured (1947) - British police are after a serial killer who lures his female victims through newspaper personal ads and sends cryptic-poem clues to the cops.

I had never seen Lucille Ball in anything prior to her first TV sitcom so this film-noir was a pleasant change. 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:42 PM   #26993
Python
Omega Red

valerian and the city of a thousand planets 8/10

I've seen this before & fancied watching it again. I've really enjoyed it both times. It's one of those movies that I genuinely don't understand the hate it receives. It's a fun ride and looks fantastic. Sure the leads are a bit wooden, but so is the entire cast of Rogue one and that's the best SW movie in years. This is no Fifth element for sure, but there are definitely worse ways to spend a couple of hours.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:55 AM   #26994
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Melancholia ?/10 started watching it and turned it off after 15 minutes. what the hell was I even watching?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:15 AM   #26995
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
valerian and the city of a thousand planets 8/10

I've seen this before & fancied watching it again. I've really enjoyed it both times. It's one of those movies that I genuinely don't understand the hate it receives. It's a fun ride and looks fantastic. Sure the leads are a bit wooden, but so is the entire cast of Rogue one and that's the best SW movie in years. This is no Fifth element for sure, but there are definitely worse ways to spend a couple of hours.
Absolutely gorgeous to look at but the leads were like you said wooden, just terrible choices I could’nt get over it . It really hurt the movie I reckon. Apart from that it was quite enjoyable.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:01 AM   #26996
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Mulan 8/10

Rogue (with Megan Fox) 4.5/10....movie was OK but the special effects were bad.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #26997
statman
Baron Zemo

Van Wilder - 7/10

I enjoy revisiting this one on occasion.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:46 PM   #26998
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988) - This is such a fun movie, been watching it my whole life and it never gets old. I always like seeing all the different cartoon characters together, especially characters owned by different companies. The primary stipulation from WB and Disney was that their main characters each had to have the same amount of lines and screen time, so the creators decided to just put them in scenes together, thats why Daffy Duck and Donald Duck had the piano showdown, and Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny were in the parachute scene together. Apparently WB and Disney characters have never been together in the same movie since this one. The special features were really interesting, they showed how they did all the tricks, their difficulties and how they made the animation work with the live action. Also I'm relieved to say Judge Doom finally doesn't traumatise me as much as he used to when I was a kid LOL it helps that I finally realised hes played by Christopher Lloyd so I just kept imagining Doc Brown from Back to the Future when Doom starts getting nasty, still a bit creepy though! Im surprised this movie wasn't panned by parents back in the day, it sure would be if it was released today, I'll never forget that poor little toon shoe that gets dipped...RIP toon shoe - 9/10

From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) - Another old favorite of mine, and one of the main reasons my young mind became interested in horror (I remember sneaking out of my bedroom late at night to watch this movie on my parents hacked cable box that got free pay per view lol I was 11 years old at the time so I was obviously enthralled by the horrific vampires and the gratuitous nudity) but even watching the movie today is still holds up. The makeup and creature effects were really awesome, definitely not low budget, and it had a great cast (Quentin Tarantino, George Clooney, Harvey Keitel, an extremely sexy Salma Hayak, Juliette Lewis, Tom Savini, Danny Trejo, and Cheech Marin in 3 roles lol) The movie is just non-stop action and gore, but it had a lot of creativity as well (holy water super soakers anyone?) and it was fun seeing George and Quentin as the Gecko brothers (Im not usually a George Clooney fan but he was great in this) - 8.5/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:39 PM   #26999
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) - Another old favorite of mine, and one of the main reasons my young mind became interested in horror (I remember sneaking out of my bedroom late at night to watch this movie on my parents hacked cable box that got free pay per view lol I was 11 years old at the time so I was obviously enthralled by the horrific vampires and the gratuitous nudity) but even watching the movie today is still holds up. The makeup and creature effects were really awesome, definitely not low budget, and it had a great cast (Quentin Tarantino, George Clooney, Harvey Keitel, an extremely sexy Salma Hayak, Juliette Lewis, Tom Savini, Danny Trejo, and Cheech Marin in 3 roles lol) The movie is just non-stop action and gore, but it had a lot of creativity as well (holy water super soakers anyone?) and it was fun seeing George and Quentin as the Gecko brothers (Im not usually a George Clooney fan but he was great in this) - 8.5/10
Man, I almost forgot about From dusk till dawn. Great movie!
Thanks for reminding me
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:54 PM   #27000
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léon View Post
Man, I almost forgot about From dusk till dawn. Great movie!
Thanks for reminding me
definitely give it a re-watch if you can, unlike many other movies I still enjoy this one as much as I always did, its aged well
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote