Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

View Poll Results: Which Of These Best Describes Your Opinion OF DC Re-Issuing Statues
I Like It Regardless Of Edition Size, A Chance To Pick Up A Missed Piece 9 56.25%
I Hate It Regardless Of Edition Size 4 25.00%
I Would Buy A Re-Issue If I Thought The Piece Were Different Enough Regardess Of Edition Size 1 6.25%
I Would Hate It If It Is Numbered, Why Number It To Begin With? 3 18.75%
Regardless Of Size, I Want An Edition Number Indicated On The Base 4 25.00%
Should The Re-Issue Of A Limited Edition Be A Different Size To Differentiate The Pieces 1 6.25%
Do You Feel Cheated Or Lied To When A Re-Issue Is Done On A Limited Edition Piece? 6 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
jetpacksam
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

DC ReIssue Poll And Discussion Thread

I searched and didn't see this topic and was curious as to the feelings people have on this subject.

Vote, Discuss, Picture Comparisons {Yelling}....

And Go!

Last edited by jetpacksam; 09-13-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Additional Info
jetpacksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
built2shred
Phoenix

My opinion has always been that if you want to do variants and 2nd editions then don't number your statues or call them limited edition...

If shops were honest about it up front I don't think it would be an issue... Majority of Koto stuff is not numbered so people don't care if they do re-releases or variants...

Unforntantly other companies are not so honest up front, they tell you it's a limited edition of 1500 and then 2-3 years later they are re-releasing it with maybe a different color on a certain piece of clothing...

Anyways when it comes to DC I know what to expect so I only buy from them if it's something I have to have for my collection with the understanding I will probably have to take a loss if I sold it down the road...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
jetpacksam
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I agree built2shred. I never buy with a thought on resale but i also {mostly} only buy what i know i love. it would take an obscene amount of money to make me part with any of my collection.
jetpacksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:11 AM   #4
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I'm not too fussed with second editions/variants, especially if the statue is not numbered to begin with.

I really prefer it when the second editions are announced early on though, because then you get some choice before you commit to anything (for example, the upcoming Harley Quinn bust: you can decide on whether you want the blue and red outfit or the black and red one).
Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote