Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-11-2021, 11:19 PM   #931
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Uh oh!!! if he ruins MOTU, he probably shouldn't bother showing up at any comic cons anytime soon
well the She-Ra weirdos already ruined masters , i think Kevin is in a position to restore it. so here's hoping i'm wrong as i really want this show to be good.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:20 AM   #932
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Came in to see where the haters are now. Speak up. Because if you’re still hating I think you may need to rethink your love of MOTU. Sorceress looks really really badass.

Please tell me she is coming up soon Igo!

All I’m hoping is eventually She-Ra shows up in the series if it goes longer than a season.
Quote:
There was always lots of Teela in the comics and show. She does have a much richer backstory than Adam does and always has. Can’t just have HeMan walking around and bashing the crap outta things, that would get old. And how much can you have a prince really do? HeMan may be the show title, but I think we can all agree we tuned in for the coolness of the side characters.

To each their own but even if it is the Teela show it looks fun and well drawn.
These takes are kind of silly. People can be fans of a property and not like how a particular group of writers may handle a story line. Its happened for decades in comics. And saying Teela has a much richer back story than Adam is just false. Maybe if you regulate Adam to being just a side character that is completely removed once he transforms. But thats not the case. Its the same concept as Clark and Superman. Adam and He-Man are the same person. They share the same emotions, same memories, same love for his friends and what we all assume (and the comics go on to prove) love for Teela. *side note, how awesome is that scene of him swinging her to kick Whiplash I think it was in the face!* Back to the point. The 80's show that was never really that in depth had a handful of actual deep episodes. They were "The problem with power", "Prince Adam no more" and "Teela's Quest." Those first two show my point of how deep the character of Adam and He-Man are when looked at through an adult eye. Teela's quest is every bit as emotional and deep when looked at from that same eye. I will agree with you that Teela's history, lore and future (comics again) are very detailed, very deep, and arguably 2nd only to Adam/He-Man. One could argue maybe Keldor/Skeletor's is 2nd, but I wont make that argument as I'm not sure where I stand on it.

Point is, Teela deserves every bit of attention she gets. She was a bad ass woman before it was cool and gained woke points to feature a badass woman. But with today's political climate fans of old have every right to be wary after the "leaks" that came about months ago. And that trailer, from a pure speculation standpoint could be argued to support that thesis. Its very possible those court yard scenes are from episode one, that event that fractures everything. The scenes in front of Grayskull seem to come about after He-Man shows back up on Stridor. Very possible bookending the first run of episodes. On that note, I think people forget this is Part 1. Its very possible that Teela does take center stage in this more than He-Man. That doesnt spell disaster. The Part 2 could very much focus on He-Man putting things back in order after Teela does the responsible and dutiful thing, very much in character for her, of putting the troops back in formation. There is a reason after all that he has to be the one to come back and put a solid end to the trouble. He's the only one that can.

So essentially I'm saying there's not necessarily a need to panic. But for those that are wary or gunshy, its unfair to call them haters or call them out because a pretty trailer showed us excellent art work. We already knew it looked good. We still dont know story yet.

Finally, if it is the Teela show, I dont forsee it lasting long. It will alienate a good portion of the crowd. I hope they take notes from the Castlevania series. Trevor, Sypha and Alucard all get pretty equal development and amazing sequences fans of each character can say "DID YOU SEE THAT!" But ultimately the show revolves around Dracula, and those that oppose him. Kevin Smith and crew cant forget that. Teela can have her moments, she can be integral to the show. She should be. But He-Man is the titular character. The show has to eventually be about him and then those around him. Not be primarily about those around him and use his name and likeness as a hook. That would be like She-Ra taking a back seat to Bow and Glimmer. They can have their sunlight, but the world building is about She-Ra in that example. Even the 80's Filmation series got that right. When He-Man would guest star on She-Ra episodes, he was exactly that, a guest. She-Ra still was the star. That needs to happen here. For as much as we love Teela or Man at Arms or Trapjaw or Beastman, they are, in fact, supporting characters. Because in He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, there is no "universe" without He-Man.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:27 AM   #933
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
well the She-Ra weirdos already ruined masters , i think Kevin is in a position to restore it. so here's hoping i'm wrong as i really want this show to be good.
I think it has great potential to be good. I like the hook of something happening that sends He-Man off. Be it to search for power, to find his purpose, whatever. Teela can rally the troops. It leads to scenes like Orko standing off with Scareglow in that trailer. It gives them a moment to shine. As long as the purpose is to bring it back to him because it is after all his show and his world. This isnt even a show without him. If they try to make it that, I dont believe it lasts long.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:34 PM   #934
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I'm hoping this show is gonna be good, but I did just read a article from a comic book website with Kevin Smith answering the critics of the plot of the show by saying, if you consider strong females woke, then too bad, I surely hope he isn't missing the point, most fans dont mind strong female characters, but the show is HE MAN and the MOTU, not TEELA
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 03:22 PM   #935
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
. It leads to scenes like Orko standing off with Scareglow in that trailer.
if nothing else, i am happy to finally see Scareglow animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I'm hoping this show is gonna be good, but I did just read a article from a comic book website with Kevin Smith answering the critics of the plot of the show by saying, if you consider strong females woke, then too bad, I surely hope he isn't missing the point, most fans dont mind strong female characters, but the show is HE MAN and the MOTU, not TEELA
because in the mind of these psychopaths the only way a woman can be strong is if she is 99.995% man herself and all the men around her are properly subserviently and incompetent. it's disgusting, predictable and at this point incredibly tiresome. as said plenty of times, Teela was never the damsel in distress that couldn't hold her own, she was always a strong leader without needing to be a post-op.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:33 PM   #936
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't want the Teela show so hopefully nobody took my post that way. I was just saying that back in the day, Teela was on a lot and had good stories. So to be upset that this will be case again this time around is not logical to me. I can only speak for my 7 year old self that I loved these shows because there was lots of ensemble stuff. Cast of cool characters with fun powers and nobody was wimpy. Except Cringer and even he wasn't wimpy once he got some courage She-Ra, Teela, Sorceress, and Evil-Lyn could always hold their own. It was just cooler if, being a girl like myself, you saw them take down the guys or save the lead sometimes.

Now a days somebody may call that woke, I call it reminding women and men and women aren't slouches and can carry burdens and kick ass too. We all on here may clearly see that because we all enjoy genres that routinely have strong (both mental and physical) women leads and characters. But there is a great wide world of places - including the US - where women don't get to see that. Where women are viewed as less than. It's little things like Teela being strong that could change how a girl views herself.

These shows are not for us. Just like while I didn't love the animation of the new She-Ra, I know it's not for me. It's for kids. I'm not going to rail against a kids show. That speaks more on me than it does anybody who likes it. I just try to remember the joy and fun and childhood memories I had watching She-Ra and He-Man. I want other kids to make those memories. Maybe someday, if the world still exists, those future adults will have disposable income to throw at statues that fellow fans who grew up loving the same things created.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:48 PM   #937
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
I don't want the Teela show so hopefully nobody took my post that way. I was just saying that back in the day, Teela was on a lot and had good stories. So to be upset that this will be case again this time around is not logical to me. I can only speak for my 7 year old self that I loved these shows because there was lots of ensemble stuff. Cast of cool characters with fun powers and nobody was wimpy. Except Cringer and even he wasn't wimpy once he got some courage She-Ra, Teela, Sorceress, and Evil-Lyn could always hold their own. It was just cooler if, being a girl like myself, you saw them take down the guys or save the lead sometimes.

Now a days somebody may call that woke, I call it reminding women and men and women aren't slouches and can carry burdens and kick ass too. We all on here may clearly see that because we all enjoy genres that routinely have strong (both mental and physical) women leads and characters. But there is a great wide world of places - including the US - where women don't get to see that. Where women are viewed as less than. It's little things like Teela being strong that could change how a girl views herself.

These shows are not for us. Just like while I didn't love the animation of the new She-Ra, I know it's not for me. It's for kids. I'm not going to rail against a kids show. That speaks more on me than it does anybody who likes it. I just try to remember the joy and fun and childhood memories I had watching She-Ra and He-Man. I want other kids to make those memories. Maybe someday, if the world still exists, those future adults will have disposable income to throw at statues that fellow fans who grew up loving the same things created.
This! Thanks Demona
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:19 PM   #938
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I think its simple, most of us like strong female characters, a dream statue for me is Joan of Arc, however the problem comes from more recent movies etc... that make the male characters seem dumb or need the 100 pound female character to beat up 10 guys, that isn't every show or movie, but it happens a lot, I loved Game of Thrones season 1-6 and it had very strong female characters good and evil ones, but they ruined Arya, by turning a 5 foot tall girl into the ultimate assassin, it's just too unbelievable even for fantasy, Chris Farley and David Spade were never gonna play Rambo or Rocky for very obvious reasons, again hopefully this show does all these things, makes Teela to be smart and tough but also makes He man be He man, the star of the show, if not I just wont watch it, but will still buy nice looking statues/action figures
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:42 PM   #939
MegatronG1
The X-Men

It's the fabricated and misplaced ire towards what was once common sense, and the natural order. It goes nowhere and ends in misery for all involved. Shall we not question how we got here?

Teela was absolutely tough in 200X. She was still exceptionally feminine, and the comics developed her and Adam in a credible manner. Here in Masterverse, she has rather uh, angular features. I have an open mind but can take it or leave it at any time.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:43 AM   #940
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
These takes are kind of silly. People can be fans of a property and not like how a particular group of writers may handle a story line. Its happened for decades in comics. And saying Teela has a much richer back story than Adam is just false. Maybe if you regulate Adam to being just a side character that is completely removed once he transforms. But thats not the case. Its the same concept as Clark and Superman. Adam and He-Man are the same person. They share the same emotions, same memories, same love for his friends and what we all assume (and the comics go on to prove) love for Teela. *side note, how awesome is that scene of him swinging her to kick Whiplash I think it was in the face!* Back to the point. The 80's show that was never really that in depth had a handful of actual deep episodes. They were "The problem with power", "Prince Adam no more" and "Teela's Quest." Those first two show my point of how deep the character of Adam and He-Man are when looked at through an adult eye. Teela's quest is every bit as emotional and deep when looked at from that same eye. I will agree with you that Teela's history, lore and future (comics again) are very detailed, very deep, and arguably 2nd only to Adam/He-Man. One could argue maybe Keldor/Skeletor's is 2nd, but I wont make that argument as I'm not sure where I stand on it.

Point is, Teela deserves every bit of attention she gets. She was a bad ass woman before it was cool and gained woke points to feature a badass woman. But with today's political climate fans of old have every right to be wary after the "leaks" that came about months ago. And that trailer, from a pure speculation standpoint could be argued to support that thesis. Its very possible those court yard scenes are from episode one, that event that fractures everything. The scenes in front of Grayskull seem to come about after He-Man shows back up on Stridor. Very possible bookending the first run of episodes. On that note, I think people forget this is Part 1. Its very possible that Teela does take center stage in this more than He-Man. That doesnt spell disaster. The Part 2 could very much focus on He-Man putting things back in order after Teela does the responsible and dutiful thing, very much in character for her, of putting the troops back in formation. There is a reason after all that he has to be the one to come back and put a solid end to the trouble. He's the only one that can.

So essentially I'm saying there's not necessarily a need to panic. But for those that are wary or gunshy, its unfair to call them haters or call them out because a pretty trailer showed us excellent art work. We already knew it looked good. We still dont know story yet.

Finally, if it is the Teela show, I dont forsee it lasting long. It will alienate a good portion of the crowd. I hope they take notes from the Castlevania series. Trevor, Sypha and Alucard all get pretty equal development and amazing sequences fans of each character can say "DID YOU SEE THAT!" But ultimately the show revolves around Dracula, and those that oppose him. Kevin Smith and crew cant forget that. Teela can have her moments, she can be integral to the show. She should be. But He-Man is the titular character. The show has to eventually be about him and then those around him. Not be primarily about those around him and use his name and likeness as a hook. That would be like She-Ra taking a back seat to Bow and Glimmer. They can have their sunlight, but the world building is about She-Ra in that example. Even the 80's Filmation series got that right. When He-Man would guest star on She-Ra episodes, he was exactly that, a guest. She-Ra still was the star. That needs to happen here. For as much as we love Teela or Man at Arms or Trapjaw or Beastman, they are, in fact, supporting characters. Because in He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, there is no "universe" without He-Man.
Damn is there an audiobook for this?
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote