Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 06-28-2011, 09:06 AM   #121
Perfecto
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
Thanks. I wanted the cabinet to be natural wood instead of white, black or silver etc. I don't want the cabinet to distract from the items displayed - and I don't like back mirrored cabinets. The smaller items are anime and Action Fleet and are very close to my heart, some even more than larger expensive collectibles. Still 2-3 shelves there will be changed if I'll get some other large items.
I hear you dude! I'm not a big fan of mirrored backed cabinets either at least for my collection, but have seen collectors use those and turned out outstanding for them.

As for not wanting the cabinet to distract from the items displayed, IMO, that is what the natural wood color does. Not for all collectibles mind you, but for the monochromatic look of Star Wars, black, black-brown, grey/sivler, white, etc. would be a better fit. What I do like about the cabinets are how the glass doors are attached and how it is a big sheet of glass for doors. Also like the thick silver feet.

Any plans to paint the room?
Perfecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #122
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfecto View Post
I hear you dude! I'm not a big fan of mirrored backed cabinets either at least for my collection, but have seen collectors use those and turned out outstanding for them.

As for not wanting the cabinet to distract from the items displayed, IMO, that is what the natural wood color does. Not for all collectibles mind you, but for the monochromatic look of Star Wars, black, black-brown, grey/sivler, white, etc. would be a better fit. What I do like about the cabinets are how the glass doors are attached and how it is a big sheet of glass for doors. Also like the thick silver feet.

Any plans to paint the room?
I wanted first to paint the room red, but it would have been too dark inside. In the front of the house there is a huge nut tree which keeps a lot of shadow, besides that, I have exterior wooden blinds and the interior vertical blinds you can see in pics. Too dark. Which is good for collectibles, but not good for me walking there and breaking my neck

The cabinets are quite solid, they are custom made by a local company. I asked for single glass door instead of multiple small ones. The company added very strong feet, knowing these cabinets will have to withstand heavy collectibles.

I decided against glass shelves too - they are cool, but I wouldn't trust putting heavy items on glass. This company also made the MR AT-AT/TV stand - that one has 4 special heavy duty wheels in the corners and a 5th in the middle also to support the weight of the stuff on it. When I got it we tested it at the request of the company, with 3 of my friends sitting on it like on a chair. No problemo

And they will make a new cabinet which will be in my PC/CD room, for the eFX TIE Fighter and SDS 1:1 TIE Pilot bust/armor. This one will have a different color (mahogany) to assort with the other shelves in the room.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #123
jkno4u

Wink

ATA ESB Stormtrooper helmet - I'm not going to show pics of the displayed helmets until others arrive:

Old 07-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #124
Perfecto
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I wanted first to paint the room red, but it would have been too dark inside. In the front of the house there is a huge nut tree which keeps a lot of shadow, besides that, I have exterior wooden blinds and the interior vertical blinds you can see in pics. Too dark. Which is good for collectibles, but not good for me walking there and breaking my neck

The cabinets are quite solid, they are custom made by a local company. I asked for single glass door instead of multiple small ones. The company added very strong feet, knowing these cabinets will have to withstand heavy collectibles.

I decided against glass shelves too - they are cool, but I wouldn't trust putting heavy items on glass. This company also made the MR AT-AT/TV stand - that one has 4 special heavy duty wheels in the corners and a 5th in the middle also to support the weight of the stuff on it. When I got it we tested it at the request of the company, with 3 of my friends sitting on it like on a chair. No problemo

And they will make a new cabinet which will be in my PC/CD room, for the eFX TIE Fighter and SDS 1:1 TIE Pilot bust/armor. This one will have a different color (mahogany) to assort with the other shelves in the room.
LOL! Collectibles to die for. I'm with you on glass shelves too. Something I would never put my statues on, EVER! As for your room paint, red is awesome! There is someone in this forum who has an all red display room, and it looks sweet! But, would be wrong for your room. Something like a yellowish color would go better with your cabinets, tv stand, and floor, IMO.

Quote:
ATA ESB Stormtrooper helmet - I'm not going to show pics of the displayed helmets until others arrive:

Pure sweetness! Congrats!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #125
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

More Jkno, More
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:15 AM   #126
jkno4u

Smile

Quote:
LOL! Collectibles to die for. I'm with you on glass shelves too. Something I would never put my statues on, EVER! As for your room paint, red is awesome! There is someone in this forum who has an all red display room, and it looks sweet! But, would be wrong for your room. Something like a yellowish color would go better with your cabinets, tv stand, and floor, IMO.

Pure sweetness! Congrats!
Thanks Perfecto. I was thinking of a room color to contrast the wooden appearance of the cabinets. red, purple, or even blue but as I said it would be too dark inside. That's why I had to go with white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeColossus View Post
More Jkno, More

There will be more soon
Old 07-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #127
Perfecto
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Thanks Perfecto. I was thinking of a room color to contrast the wooden appearance of the cabinets. red, purple, or even blue but as I said it would be too dark inside. That's why I had to go with white.
My pleasure dude! That helmet is boss!

As for room color, those you listed would just be terrible. With those floors and cabinets, no way would I paint my room any of those colors. White is safe as it goes with everything, but looks a little bland. I've seen cabinets the same color as yours in a darker yellowish room, and it goes so well together. You definitely want to keep the color lighter considering the color of the cabinets. Will try to find the foto of the room I mentioned as it might come in handy if you are deciding on a room color.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:22 AM   #128
jkno4u

Quote:
My pleasure dude! That helmet is boss!

As for room color, those you listed would just be terrible. With those floors and cabinets, no way would I paint my room any of those colors. White is safe as it goes with everything, but looks a little bland. I've seen cabinets the same color as yours in a darker yellowish room, and it goes so well together. You definitely want to keep the color lighter considering the color of the cabinets. Will try to find the foto of the room I mentioned as it might come in handy if you are deciding on a room color.
Indeed. Not sure if I'm going to repaint it soon. That would mean to remove all the stuff from the cabinets, then move the cabinets in the middle of the room and so on. And the white paint is quite new anyway.

When the cabinets will have the new helmets on top there will be some change in the entire look of the room. I already have about 5 helmets on top and it is a huge difference. But no pics yet, until all or at least most of the helmets arrive
Old 07-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #129
Gianco
X-Force

Somebody won the lottery around here.....j/k

Congrats Sergiu, it will make a terrific display! Looking forward for some pics.
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:57 AM   #130
jkno4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianco View Post
Somebody won the lottery around here.....j/k

Congrats Sergiu, it will make a terrific display! Looking forward for some pics.
Thanks. Not really, I just got paid for the book I wrote as co-author. And soon my medical bills and examination costs will come again