Old 09-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #23
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

DVR all ready set
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #24
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yeah not sure about this one. seems to be an ok origins show.but not sure it will have longevity.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:40 AM   #25
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Threads merged
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:47 AM   #26
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

First episode was pretty decent. I quite enjoyed it though it certainly doesn't hold up against a police procedural like "True Detective" or even the failed "Low Winter Sun".

I did feel that the 6 degrees of separation that five Bat-Villains have to Gordon and the Wayne murder investigation was a bit ridiculous and creatively lazy. I too question the shows longevity as the GCPD angle will wear thing without an emergence of Batman which is 12-22 years away at this point. Not to mention it was done exceedingly well quite recently in Batman Begins.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:51 AM   #27
built2shred
Phoenix

I thought the first episode was very well done... Far better start then Agents of Shield....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:55 AM   #28
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

Solid first episode... Alfred is kind of a dick.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:55 AM   #29
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
More than a little worried that, once again, we have show-runners, writers, & those "in charge" of a comic property, having little actual comic-book knowledge of the source material. Darkhorizons just ran a story on Gotham's Show Runner, Bruno Heller discussing potential, future villains. He refers to Killer Croc being "that crocodile guy." - "There are certainly characters that would be very difficult to put on the screen. That crocodile guy [Killer Croc] is a tough one - although we may go there."

Wish he read Batman comics.

Here's the article -http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33940/-gotham-showrunner-talks-future-villains

Sometimes knowing the material to well can be a negative also... The first 5 seasons of Smallville was done by two guys who didn't know a lot about the Superman stories other then the Reeve movie and Smallville was pretty decent, then the last 5 seasons they brought in guys from DC Comics to run it and the show went straight into the toilet...

Arguably the best Star Wars movie ever was the Empire Strikes Back which was directed by a guy who knew nothing about Science Fiction... and no I'm not talking about George Lucas
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:40 AM   #30
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
First episode was pretty decent. I quite enjoyed it though it certainly doesn't hold up against a police procedural like "True Detective" or even the failed "Low Winter Sun".

I did feel that the 6 degrees of separation that five Bat-Villains have to Gordon and the Wayne murder investigation was a bit ridiculous and creatively lazy. I too question the shows longevity as the GCPD angle will wear thing without an emergence of Batman which is 12-22 years away at this point. Not to mention it was done exceedingly well quite recently in Batman Begins.
well said MM, i feel the same way. i thought that the 6 degrees of separation was lazy as well. they def could have done a better job.

i think the most intriguing part of the show was waiting to find out who was who. to me at least it seemed thats all this show has going for it.

i wonder how intriguing it will be once you find out who everyone is.

and i hope to God they do not take the rout of having the young Bruce Wayne helping Gordon or be a resource for Gordon to fight crime at his young age.
i kind of got that vibe of that when Gordon was at Wayne manor at the end asking him for his permission to keep trying to find his parents killer.
so it seems with that Gordon will be checking in with Bruce on a regular basis. which could end up being a bit redundant or cliche.

hopefully they focus, and get into how Bruce wants to find his parent killer while conquering his fears and his obsession of wanting to fight crime in general to prevent it of happening again to anyone else. they did touch base on that with him standing on the roof of Wayne manor.

im hoping things get better in the next episodes.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote