Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-30-2017, 11:05 AM   #121
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Don't get me wrong, I'm preparing for a high price. I just don't buy $1,500, especially because I think he will be a PF and not a maquette.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:07 AM   #122
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
If Thanos is 12 Mags will be less even if it is called a Maquette
What if we get a Mags that is very complex and detailed? I honestly have no idea what SSC has up their sleeves anymore when it comes to pricing. We get a Hulk and Wolvie MAQ that clocks in at an incredibly reasonable $650. However, we also got a standard sized 1/4 Deadpool PF that has a price tag of $700. Then we have a 1/4 Thanos (I don't care if they call it a PF or MAQ) that breaks the bank at $1200. Who knows what Mags price point will be?
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:36 AM   #123
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
What if we get a Mags that is very complex and detailed? I honestly have no idea what SSC has up their sleeves anymore when it comes to pricing. We get a Hulk and Wolvie MAQ that clocks in at an incredibly reasonable $650. However, we also got a standard sized 1/4 Deadpool PF that has a price tag of $700. Then we have a 1/4 Thanos (I don't care if they call it a PF or MAQ) that breaks the bank at $1200. Who knows what Mags price point will be?
If I was going to speculate on the price of Magneto based on Thanos I'd take a couple things into consideration, the first being that Thanos' size, which at 1/4 scale might be one of the largest single figures in mass Sideshow has ever done, and the materials that will be required to produce him especially if Sideshow is serious about making this as close to the proto as possible and second that in the interview Harbottle said that not only was this the longest project he had worked on so far but that the design department had been going over this for close to a year. Now that tells me some serious R&D went into Thanos. So based on those two things we were told I can speculate that by the helmet being at the Thanos live show that sculpting is either underway, and/or nearly complete. So unless Magneto is getting a serious base unlike anything we've ever seen, or some other feature that requires engineering I can say that he'd be significantly less than the price we've seen from Thanos.

Of course that's speculation and it means absolutely nothing at this point. It's just taking what I've seen and heard and filling in the blanks as best I can.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:48 AM   #124
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Problem is I wouldn't even spend 1200 on a Grail. They are just statues with mediocre QC. Very UNlimited. Prime 1 and pcs both make great statues for less. 1:3 in scale. Plus Thanos is sitting down. XM is even cheaper if you don't count shipping to the US.
They saw a cash grab and used fantastic artists to market this over priced piece for them. Sucked a bunch of collectors in for the purchase while losing a bunch more.
What they aren't thinking of is Comics are hot now. More so the movies. The fly by night purchasers are gonna stop and there will be plenty of pieces to buy later when it's not. But then it just leaves primarily collectors buying them. With high ES, poor QC, and ridiculous prices, it's getting less fun to collect these not so Exclusive statues. Plus for the prices. PAINT THEM HERE IN AMERICA.

Then they have the rep that's ignorant to claim that digital sculpting is on skill level and as hard as physical. Just complete A$$es.

All I want from them is Prime 1. I can get them at BBTS.

Check out XM Thor bust and new Cap piece. SS isn't the only company that can nail portraits anymore. Think I'm jumping this BS company and trying XM and P1. At least with them high prices can be justified.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:50 AM   #125
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
If I was going to speculate on the price of Magneto based on Thanos I'd take a couple things into consideration, the first being that Thanos' size, which at 1/4 scale might be one of the largest single figures in mass Sideshow has ever done, and the materials that will be required to produce him especially if Sideshow is serious about making this as close to the proto as possible and second that in the interview Harbottle said that not only was this the longest project he had worked on so far but that the design department had been going over this for close to a year. Now that tells me some serious R&D went into Thanos. So based on those two things we were told I can speculate that by the helmet being at the Thanos live show that sculpting is either underway, and/or nearly complete. So unless Magneto is getting a serious base unlike anything we've ever seen, or some other feature that requires engineering I can say that he'd be significantly less than the price we've seen from Thanos.

Of course that's speculation and it means absolutely nothing at this point. It's just taking what I've seen and heard and filling in the blanks as best I can.
I've given up on trying to figure out SSC's pricing. It seems to be all over the place lately.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:52 AM   #126
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
. So unless Magneto is getting a serious base unlike anything we've ever seen, or some other feature that requires engineering I can say that he'd be significantly less than the price we've seen from Thanos.

What you're missing is that popularity has replaced height and weight as the primary driver for statue prices.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:54 AM   #127
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Problem is I wouldn't even spend 1200 on a Grail. They are just statues with mediocre QC. Very UNlimited. Prime 1 and pcs both make great statues for less. 1:3 in scale. Plus Thanos is sitting down. XM is even cheaper if you don't count shipping to the US.
They saw a cash grab and used fantastic artists to market this over priced piece for them. Sucked a bunch of collectors in for the purchase while losing a bunch more.
What they aren't thinking of is Comics are hot now. More so the movies. The fly by night purchasers are gonna stop and there will be plenty of pieces to buy later when it's not. But then it just leaves primarily collectors buying them. With high ES, poor QC, and ridiculous prices, it's getting less fun to collect these not so Exclusive statues. Plus for the prices. PAINT THEM HERE IN AMERICA.

Then they have the rep that's ignorant to claim that digital sculpting is on skill level and as hard as physical. Just complete A$$es.

All I want from them is Prime 1. I can get them at BBTS.

Check out XM Thor bust and new Cap piece. SS isn't the only company that can nail portraits anymore. Think I'm jumping this BS company and trying XM and P1. At least with them high prices can be justified.
What in the world are you talking about?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:57 AM   #128
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
What in the world are you talking about?
In some other thread a couple months ago. I'm just frustrated and it brought everything out
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:58 AM   #129
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

I'm looking forward to see what SS does for this Magneto. I hope it's spectacular.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:59 AM   #130
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
What you're missing is that popularity has replaced height and weight as the primary driver for statue prices.
According to SSC, don't forget details and complexity.