Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-04-2017, 06:29 AM   #521
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
And for $360!! WTF?!!
It's Brazilian Real, so it would be about 110 USD but anyway ... Iron Studio's prices jump very high like their Batman v Bane Dio, 1/6 scale for 650 USD, WTF.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:03 AM   #522
thepurist
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosMadTitan View Post
Thought this is SS Magneto PF, but it is from Iron Studios! This is amazing.
More like this:

thepurist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:05 AM   #523
KevinS
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
He got you pretty good there.

So you're still on the Credit Card thing when most people call Debit Cards under the name Credit Cards because that is the generic term everyone mostly uses. Do you live in The United States of America? Because if you do you damn well should know people spend not only what they don't have but spend the money they will make during that week and over spend future money they assume to make months if not years down the road. Merica We don't save money because that would be foolish we just live for today. This is a big mistake most people make but what can you do when you were bread to be fulfilled by material possessions.

Maybe you just woke up after the reality of living in debt but some of us actually make pretty great money and can do whatever we damn well please with our money. And if I wanna piss it away on a piece of polystone it's my prerogative. You see we live in a society where other people can't tell each other what to do with their money. I only advise not to blindly Pre-Order Statues when the Edition Size is To Be Determined which only floods the market with thousands of so called Limited Edition statues that are worth less than they retailed for and you turned that into this high and mighty save money in a 401K or a Mutual Fund conversation. Let's not go that far.

Hey nothing against you cause you bring some valid points but you are assuming way to much when you need more data to come up with a proper conclusion.

You just got schooled and it's summer so SCHOOLS IT OUT!
Perhaps you should attend summer school to correct your grammar?

I hope you drain your account and file bankruptcy from buying too many polystone paper weights.
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:37 AM   #524
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS View Post

I hope you drain your account and file bankruptcy from buying too many polystone paper weights.
What is your deal man? What do you care about what other people do with their money? Everyone's financial situation is different and more importantly, none of your business. Just like it's none of your business what others do with their money. We are all here to talk about a hobby we enjoy and give our own personal thoughts on the subject. If you find these pieces to be nothing more than expensive paper weights that are a financial drain, then move on. Others obviously don't feel the way you do.

This is one of the most exciting times of the year with SDCC coming up and you're an absolute buzz kill with your paper weight comments and wishing members here file for bankruptcy. Let it go and move on already if you aren't enjoying the hobby anymore.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:41 AM   #525
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:

I don't exactly see these pieces as an "investment" as Killer Instinct does BUT to wish ill will to him?

Attacking collecting statues is a dead end, people have bought works of art to simply display and enjoy since the dawn of time.

These statues aren't high in price in the wider world of "art" please go to any major city's art district.

Simply b/c these prices are "expensive" to your income please do not attack an "art" I love, never mind wish ill will to someone else.

Where are the Heroes on this forum b/c we certainly have villains.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:42 AM   #526
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosMadTitan View Post
Thought this is SS Magneto PF, but it is from Iron Studios! This is amazing.

http://www.ironstudios.com.br/marvel...rie-4/magneto#
I personally think this would not cut it if it was the Mags PF. It's a simple museum pose and plain looking. The OG XM and Daniel Bel Mags blow this IS Mags out of the water IMO. I have to believe the Harbottle PF will be much more dynamic and detailed than this IS Mags.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:15 AM   #527
ambasah
Red Skull

as long as the cape isn't like the god-awful reeve supeman I will be happy.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:17 AM   #528
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I personally think this would not cut it if it was the Mags PF. It's a simple museum pose and plain looking. The OG XM and Daniel Bel Mags blow this IS Mags out of the water IMO. I have to believe the Harbottle PF will be much more dynamic and detailed than this IS Mags.
That's one thing I'm afraid of. Making it too dynamic and difficult. magneto is a sculpt that can look bad if not done right. Bels and madX have the best magnetos out and they are fairly simple poses but excellent sculpts.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:25 AM   #529
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
There is so much that's wrong with this post I don't know where to begin.

First of all, Don't use a credit card, use your debit card and it'll allow you to pay cash directly. Credit cards are dangerous with interest rates.

Second, If you really want to save money, Don't buy the statue in the first place, no one really "needs" one to live.

Third, Put the money you'd spend on the statue and put it into real assets, start a business, pay off debt, put it towards your 401K/ Roth IRA, set up an emergency fund, invest in yourself, put it to better use than a cool looking $600 paper weight. All my statues are sold and I don't miss them.

That's how you have respect for your hard earned money.
" all my statues are sold and i dont miss them" then what are you doing in a statue forum????
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #530
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
It's Brazilian Real, so it would be about 110 USD but anyway ... Iron Studio's prices jump very high like their Batman v Bane Dio, 1/6 scale for 650 USD, WTF.
I thought $650 was reasonable which is probably sad but I paid $1000 for superman vs doomsday diorama which I love and don't regret at all so $650 for this, seemed cheap to me. I have it on Pre order.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote