Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-27-2017, 10:38 AM   #411
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I've always thought a young Catherine Zeta-Jones when thinking of Zatanna. Not to mean this statue, just in general. Maybe it's because of the Z in their names...
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:39 AM   #412
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
This would have worked out so good. Much closer to the comics and toons.
I thought you didn't read comics.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:48 AM   #413
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
That is what companies like Circuit City, linen and things, quicksilver, and about a thousand other companies say before they go bankrupt. They were going to be fine as well. there are a ton of options nowadays when it comes to statue purchases. Look at how dirt cheap you can get SS pieces on the aftermarket. Sooner or later the noobs are going to start tapping out and a lot of the older collectors will still be around. I am not saying I will be one because prices are getting crazy, but the market is not trending in SS favor. I personally see way more value in Prime 1 even though their prices are slightly higher. If Prime 1 Z is 1/3 scale, priced at $950 and has a Es of 350. Compared with SS with no Es at $600, I know where my money is going. Just my two cents...but I am sure a lot of collectors probably see these trends just like me.
It's definitely not going in their direction. There whp me market is plotting in half leaving AS in the middle. You have the people to who money is not an issue that keep going to more and more expensive pieces and the group that can't even afford SS anymore. No da puts SS in a tough position.

There is too much competition upmarket that they just can't compete with being a large organization. There is definitely more room down market with koto, GG quite bit lower and then the cheap stuff below them. As you can tell from past years releases there are a lot of different releases where SSthing trying to go down market and see what the people who can't afford PFs anymore would be interested in. Or the new joker mask. How big is the market for life size after busts go above $1000?

Lot of changes going on, but you still can't make more by selling cheaper pieces with smaller es. So far as the prices keep going up, ES comes down and most recent trend is towards lower prices, but then again you'll need to sell more to make up for it.

I can definitely see bubble growing. There's just too much supply for such small niche market. It'll be interesting to see who survives in the end when it bursts. The big guy with deep pockets or the little guy with small overhead. I work with a somewhat comparable industry of very expensive toys and when the recession hit, it was the hobbyists that disappeared first and the big guys Sur iced to see another boom. All those companies you mentioned worked in basically a commodity market anyone can open up a shop and sell to the general market at cheaper prices and again those stores weren't replaced (for the most part) by mom and pop shops, but even bigger organizations with more product and easier shopping experience.

That's enough ramblings for one morning...
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:54 AM   #414
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
It not that she's ugly and the statue does indeed look very good overall, it's just the face is not as pretty as people hoped.

When I thought of a Zatanna PF I pictured a face like Sara Sampaio.

Gotta agree I hope SSC revisits the headsculpt ... or at least considers a switchout head. Though I know it isn the easy.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:57 AM   #415
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
I thought you didn't read comics.
Never did no patience to read them. But love looking at the art during the 90s. 80s comic art is good too compared to what we see in most comics these days with most art based on real people in cosplay costumes. Prices are so high these days why rush to po. If anything I may buy later for less. The market can't even keep up with the newer high rising retail prices anymore. So if I like it or not I will wait for a few months after release to decide.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #416
Tacheyon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Gotta agree I hope SSC revisits the headsculpt ... or at least considers a switchout head. Though I know it isn the easy.
There are a lot of versions out there. While at first i was going...uhhh what at the face in the picture. The video really put those fears to rest.

I look at what they did with Zatanna in Smallville and DC Bombshells as a example that you can have a wider face and make it work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71aqo9fGB9L._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	104747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zatanna_Zatara.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	104748  
Tacheyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #417
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post
There are a lot of versions out there. While at first i was going...uhhh what at the face in the picture. The video really put those fears to rest.

I look at what they did with Zatanna in Smallville and DC Bombshells as a example that you can have a wider face and make it work.
The girl in smallville looks nothing like a anime/comic book character.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170527_093055.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	104749  
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:41 AM   #418
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
It not that she's ugly and the statue does indeed look very good overall, it's just the face is not as pretty as people hoped.

When I thought of a Zatanna PF I pictured a face like Sara Sampaio.

Hell yes to this right here, that's exactly how I would've pictured her to look. The headsculpt they chose instead saves me some money so I guess I'm good.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #419
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Hell yes to this right here, that's exactly how I would've pictured her to look. The headsculpt they chose instead saves me some money so I guess I'm good.
I think the print has almost the same look as this person. Why does SSC art direction suck sometimes.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #420
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think people wanted Zatanna to look like she was in her early 20's and not someone in her late 30's who has kind of a puffy face, I had the same issue with the Catwoman PF
Yep. I have this problem with most of his sculpts, especially Power Girl and Catwoman. I can see the appeal and reasoning behind it, but I don't really imagine these characters all as cougars.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote