Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-11-2016, 10:10 PM   #11
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Man, this is probably you most fun release yet.

This is one of those pieces you (surprise) bust out when you have a bunch of people over after everyone is a couple drinks in. It's good for laughs, good for the collection, and GREAT conversation piece.

Flicking awesome. They should be HEAVY
Haha..for what I'm expecting these to cost, I don't think I'll be playing with them when I'm drunk lol
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:43 PM   #12
Hunter22
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
Haha..for what I'm expecting these to cost, I don't think I'll be playing with them when I'm drunk lol
BUY 2. Problem solved.

Now, we know they're heavy, and probably expensive, so now we need to know if they will have lights and motorized lenses. I'd be willing to pay for that. Maybe use a momentary switch to activate the servos in the goggles?

I'm hyped. This is at the top of my prop list. Amazing. Will check this forum often!!!!
Hunter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:49 PM   #13
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter22 View Post
BUY 2. Problem solved.

Now, we know they're heavy, and probably expensive, so now we need to know if they will have lights and motorized lenses. I'd be willing to pay for that. Maybe use a momentary switch to activate the servos in the goggles?

I'm hyped. This is at the top of my prop list. Amazing. Will check this forum often!!!!
Yes, they would be amazing if the were to move IMO. I would be even better if there were real NV tubes, but that is probably asking too much(they should be see through though).
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:14 AM   #14
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Seeing that the two pictures lean toward motor lenses I would say that it has them. Frankly, either go all out on the prop or don't even bother, in my book. I like to think there's no room here for shaving off dollars to reach a certain buyer range. Owning renta nocs would be okay but this is a chance(and probably only chance ever for official pieces)to produce an exact replica that buyers could even use to some extent.

Though I feel somewhat certain that the props for the movie were not taken as far as functioning nocs, much less NV. I need to brush up on my JP knowledge to figure out the facts... as long as this is a replica of the prop then everyone who will buy will be satisfied.

I am curious why such a piece as this gets the green light while a certain other is so heavily denied

I can see a few pieces being produced and are already planned by CC, but this here was...unexpected. As unlikely as a certain other thing related to JP that has been skipped on by everyone for over 20 years

At least I didn't refer to it by name!
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #15
Hunter22
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yes, they would be amazing if the were to move IMO. I would be even better if there were real NV tubes, but that is probably asking too much(they should be see through though).
From what I can gather (being a huge fan of the films and from talking to a bunch of other die-hards), there were two different versions of this prop used. The first was a non-motorized version with lights only that was more durable. The second, being the model pictured that was actually motorized. I'm thinking the prop house created them using CCT camera lenses or some other type of motorized security lense. In fact according to Legacy Effects, one of these was borrowed from Uni for use in Jurassic World. Maybe this is the one Chronicle is scanning?

There were never any actual functioning Night Vision via infrared or UV, etc. This was of course an effect added after filming.

Now, it would be insanely cool if Chronicle could add a green filter to the goggles so when a person looks through them they could see in "simulated" I/R just like Tim did in the film, but hell I'm sure I'm being crazy here. I would be impressed if these can be motorized and be happy if it were to stop there.

Last edited by Hunter22; 07-12-2016 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-12-2016, 11:58 AM   #16
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Seeing that the two pictures lean toward motor lenses I would say that it has them. Frankly, either go all out on the prop or don't even bother, in my book. I like to think there's no room here for shaving off dollars to reach a certain buyer range. Owning renta nocs would be okay but this is a chance(and probably only chance ever for official pieces)to produce an exact replica that buyers could even use to some extent.

Though I feel somewhat certain that the props for the movie were not taken as far as functioning nocs, much less NV. I need to brush up on my JP knowledge to figure out the facts... as long as this is a replica of the prop then everyone who will buy will be satisfied.

I am curious why such a piece as this gets the green light while a certain other is so heavily denied

I can see a few pieces being produced and are already planned by CC, but this here was...unexpected. As unlikely as a certain other thing related to JP that has been skipped on by everyone for over 20 years

At least I didn't refer to it by name!
The only 2 other props from this film that I can recall as being as iconic as the goggles would the Barbasol shaving can and John Hammond's cane. I believe Chroncile already stated they are doing the cane. The reason for no shaving can is because Barbasol owns the copyright and has not approved replicas of that prop.
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:12 PM   #17
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Hammonds cane please.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:18 PM   #18
Hunter22
Frackin!

I know that the fans demanding moving lenses can go into the "Crazy Category" as if we aren't already a pain in Paul's a## here LOL, BUT:

If I were seriously looking into the feasibility of moving lenses I'd be weary, but this is 2016 Nike has self-tying shoes coming out later this year and many other amateur tinkerers have used and programmed Arduino boards to do simple tasks involving mechanical movement with servos:

The ultimate factor now is price. If these are already going to cost 800 bucks, I'd rather pay $1,200 and get ones with moving lenses.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:22 PM   #19
WingdSoldier
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

This is indeed a very nice surprise. Very much looking forward to hearing more in terms of materials used, electronics etc...

And coincidence or not, Rylo just announced yesterday he's selling the remaining pieces of his version.
WingdSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:59 PM   #20
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Hammond cane is in production, but we are producing that for another company as an exclusive...

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote