Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-10-2017, 12:25 AM   #1
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Canadians Dealing with CBSA and the tariff tax they imposed on sideshow.

Ok let's keep this civil because the othe thread got closed by 1 person here.

I spoke with a Sideshow Rep today and apparently they have fought CBSA to not use the harmonized code that charges the additional 6.5% tariff tax. It is unfortunate out of there hand. They asked me to contact my fedex broker.

I wrote 2 emails to CBSA stipulating that they can not impose this tariff tax because (1) no competitors making these type of collectibles (2) these statues uses mixed material such as cloth, metal, pvc, batteries, movable and switchable parts and it needs to be assembled like a Leco, therefore it's not a true statuette class. I also emphasis these are adult toys and if they impose the new harmonized code, then they have to do it with toys such as Barbie & action figures such as Transformers. However the email I got back is they will not reply back up to 10 days from now.

Now since I have a Fedex account and I encourage every Canadian consumers to set up a free account. The VAT Rod $10 handling fee are waived always so it's an incentive to have an account with them. I'd spoke with a FedEx agent(s) and this is what you need to do once they give you a direct FedEx broker email so they can follow up with your concern and deal with CBSA.

1) provide our account number & phone number.
2) write the harmonized code 3926.40.000
3) specific issue why they shouldn't use that code as I listed above.
4) use the suggested code 9503.00.000 or 9825.30.000 etc.

Now what they will do for you (which is better then nothing), once ssc gives you the tracking number, contact your FedEx broker and ask them what is the harmonized code. If it's 3926.40.000 then immediately file a complaint that they should not use it. They will immediately investigate and put the right HC code. The reason why you need to do this is because you don't see the invoice until they charge your credit card. This wouldn't be for 3 weeks or so.

Now I'm waiting back to hear from CBSA but they need to remove the impose HC that they have on sideshow.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:07 AM   #2
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Thanks for the effort in following up with this!
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #3
Y3E
Gen 13

Good work VS. I have Captain Marvel shipping on Monday so will inquire to see what code is used. Good luck with CBSA. It's like trying to move a mountain when dealing with them. Thanks.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:17 AM   #4
ambasah
Red Skull

Appreciate your efforts my friend.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #5
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Cheers VS. Sonja shipped today, so I guess I'm going to be on the phone to FedEx.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #6
pokritz17
Hydra

thanks for the direction, will def do this when my next item ships
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #7
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

My Red Sonja has been shipped on January 5th, the HC is the old one 9703.00.0000. My next statue is Green Lantern, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks VS for the information.
Pendragon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #8
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Does anyone know how big of a price difference there is between buying from SS directly (incl. shipping and taxes) and buying from your local comic book store? Has anyone compared the prices?
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #9
Fremen
Birds of Prey

It's almost the same compared to AD except with SS, you get the reward points. Sometimes AD is a little bit more.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #10
pokritz17
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macethy View Post
Does anyone know how big of a price difference there is between buying from SS directly (incl. shipping and taxes) and buying from your local comic book store? Has anyone compared the prices?
From my experience, ordering from Sideshow is about $30-40 more after duty/shipping/taxes/conversion etc. This compared to only paying taxes in store. But I will always pay the small extra fee on a 500-600 statue to get the exclusive.
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote