Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-20-2016, 10:21 PM   #1
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

DC TV Line: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, & Gotham

Green Arrow

The Flash

Tachyon Enhanced Flash Limited Edition (KotoUS Exclusive)

Reverse Flash

Supergirl

James "Jim" Gordon

Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot

As i mentioned in the NYCC 2016 thread, Kotobukiya announced license acquisition for Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, & Gotham. Source: http://www.plastikitty.com/home/koto...16-dc-tv-shows

Which characters would you like to see them make & in which scale or series?

Personally think 1/6 ARTFX statues of the main characters would be good. They could also continue their 1/10 duel dioramas. Capturing the actors likeness is a must though. Heroes & villains i'd consider buying are:

Arrow: Green Arrow (season 5 suit), first Black Canary, & Deathstroke.

The Flash: Flash (season 2 or 3 suit) VS Reverse Flash.

Supergirl: Supergirl, Indigo or the White Martian.

Gotham: Jim Gordon (season 2, include a rifle or shotgun) VS Azrael.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:10 AM   #2
mickey
The Avengers

Supergirl, Superman.
The Flash, Trajectory, Kid Flash and Jess Quick!
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:04 AM   #3
moviemonster
Justice League

I don't watch any of the tv series but that White Martian would look pretty cool as an ArtFX or ArtFX+ statue.
moviemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #4
king_marvel
The Herculoids

I don't know if I'd want the duel ArtFX+. I'd rather just have stand alone figures like most of the other ArtFX+ lines. Some of the duel ArtFX+ look odd if they aren't displayed together (Batman v. Superman). Plus I like the fact that the regular ArtFX+ don't have to be displayed with the base, where the duel almost always have to have the base. When shelf space is an issue I'd rather have the non duel ones. I totally agree that the main hero and villian should get the 1/6 ArtFX treatment.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #5
mickey
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_marvel View Post
I don't know if I'd want the duel ArtFX+. I'd rather just have stand alone figures like most of the other ArtFX+ lines. Some of the duel ArtFX+ look odd if they aren't displayed together (Batman v. Superman). Plus I like the fact that the regular ArtFX+ don't have to be displayed with the base, where the duel almost always have to have the base. When shelf space is an issue I'd rather have the non duel ones. I totally agree that the main hero and villian should get the 1/6 ArtFX treatment.
Yeah, would've been better if these were at 1/6 scale. I'd even take it if they were 1/8. I/10 figures doesn't seem to be enough to contain details that makes one awesome figure. At first glance, 1/10 looks ok, but the more you look at them, the less appealing they become. That's why I passed up on the BvS figure and the Star Wars 1/10 line... Luke, Leia, Chewbacca & Han looked quite promising when they were first announced, but when they've reached the market, they didn't live up to my expectations.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:42 AM   #6
Griffon

If Koto tackles 1/6 scale i reckon these would have to be in action poses so they're different from DC Collectibles statues. To further set it apart the bases should be more detailed, tell a story (but not take too much room).

Haven't bought any of the 1/10 duel dioramas yet & do prefer the single figures that form a group. Recently saw the Alien Big Chap in person & the finish was much better than the Warrior. The White Martian would be a menacing contrast to Supergirl. Prefer the realistic than stylized treatment for this line.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:31 AM   #7
Griffon

Prototype sculpt update of ARTFX+ The Flash, comes with interchangeable unmasked Barry Allen head (pic thanks to AmiAmi Hobby News):
Old 01-17-2017, 12:42 AM   #8
Griffon

Kikakuguys revealed painted James Jim Gordon, also comes with a hand holding his GCPD shield
Old 01-17-2017, 12:49 AM   #9
Gothamite
Phoenix

Well, if they're making one of Melissa Benoist, hopefully she'll be smiling. The expression on the DC statue looks a little sad.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:44 AM   #10
mickey
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Well, if they're making one of Melissa Benoist, hopefully she'll be smiling. The expression on the DC statue looks a little sad.

Never knew this existed!