Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #51
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

+1 David Finch, you don't pay up front until your piece is done ($500 Full figure 11 X 17 pencil), super nice guy and great to deal with. He's up front with you on the wait time so that is a plus.

+1 Don Kramer, i've gotten two commissions from don ($75 and $100 both full figures 11 X 17 pencil and ink) and currently working on a 3rd one 2 character commission along with a jam piece that he's doing the layouts on. Payment is done when your piece is complete, communication is good through out the process and he will let you know if any delays or issue come up. He's a pleasure to deal with and i would recommend him to anyone as he is a very under rated artist.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #52
Shandil
U talkin' to me?

+1 Jeff Wamester, got a great Silver Surfer vs Thor piece from him, i'm very happy

+1 Gene Colan, I had always wanted to have something drawn by him, and finally went the commission way when I discovered this world. His wife Adrienne was super nice helping me at every moment with communication.

+1 Anthony Castrillo, I needed the layouts for the Secret Wars piece, and neede them urgently. He took the job, and delivered a piece that was already half pencilled, ready to ink, and got it in time despite his living in the USA and I in Europe. That must have been a drawing marathon to get it done. Thanks Anthony!

+1 Tim Tyler , drew a Conan based big piece (22x17) and was very communicative all the way, leading to a piece i liked greatly.
Shandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 PM   #53
Simon Williams
Kindly Asked To Leave

Brett Booth -5

One of the worse experiences ever.This horror story goes back to when Brett was drawing Backlash.On his site he was offering single figure commissions for $100,so since i was a big fan of his i sent the money right away.At first communication was good.He sent out prelims so i can ok what I wanted and he sent me final pics of the piece and he even added on to head shots of other characters on the page.Said he was going to send it out.

So i waited.and waited.And waited.And waited some more.I emailed him to let him know that the sketch did not arrive.So he was tells me he wasnt able to send it out do to some personal situation that happened,but that he would send it after things were settled.So at this point it was the time He had said he lost his house,he was living in his van with his wife and dogs,one of his dogs was sick and he couldn't afford the bills.Alot of sob stories.Needless to say after 5 years I still don't have my sketch and I cant contact him anywhere to ask him about it.

Simon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:50 AM   #54
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Paul Grist +1 - great guy to work with. He is the artist/creator of Jack Staff, great book WHEN it come out. Anyway, several years ago I contacted Paul about a couple pages of published Jack Staff art. I end up purchasing the orginal art from one of the covers. Some things came up on Paul's end and it took him a week or so longer than planned to ship me the art from England to the US, so he throws in an alternate cover he was going to use for that issue and an autographed copy of the actual comic. Great guy to work work, I wish he would take commissions.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:08 AM   #55
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

+1 Perez I ordered two finished commissions and got them with in two months of the promised completion date. I also ordered 6 finished bust shots and got those 3 months after ordering them. Also about 7 pencil and marker pieces that all were finished on time.

+1 Finch Got some great pieces from him, he and Meredith are nice to work with. Plus side it doesn't matter when there finished because there is no up front payment.

Neutral Byrne I ordered two, loved one hated the other and I did not have to pay for the bad piece. But that was Jim Warden, not Byrne I guess. Oh I'm also banned from getting another one, so maybe this should be a minus???

-1 Van Sciver Nice guy and nice work, he just lies to much about your art being done.

+1 Amanda Conner does a top notch colored piece and is really nice to talk to.

-1 Buzz my art was promised and it took forever to arrive. He then told me it got returned to him, so he resent it. The piece was soaked in Jet fuel when it arrived and had big ass stains on it. I asked him about it and he said he got it back this way...... gee do you think he could freaking draw me a new one??
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #56
Ginchy
I am da law!

+1 Tom Simonton He takes commissions and you get a full oil painting for a great price. The turnaround was fast and so was his shipping. He even threw in a bunch of extras in the package, including two comics and and two A2 sized pen and ink pages. Good communication as well.
Ginchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #57
statman
Baron Zemo

+1 Ron Lim - Actually, the whole transaction went through Drew (Galactus) and was as smooth as can be. Ron did great work on the piece and packaged it very well. Highly recommended!
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #58
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Jason sobol +1

great guy to work with. has done a lot of trading cards art and stuff for Lucas star wars. great communication with him everytime. good with pencil, ink and colors. kind of a one stop shop. I have 8 things from him now and will get more.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #59
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

A big +1 for Rob Granito. My wife arranged a commission through him as a gift for me back in December. The first painting he did went missing somewhere in transit, so he did another one free of charge, which arrived this week.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #60
Landroid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

+1 Cal Slayton

I've gotten three commissions from him so far, witht he latest one arriving in the mail today. One of the nicest guys to work with. Professional, funny, and gets the job done. No payment until you see your product and easy to work with.
Landroid is offline   Reply With Quote