Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #31
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
SPOILERS BELOW........(joe, maybe you can add a spoiler tag to the thread title?)

This scene actually made me feel emotionally connected to the characters again...andI havent felt that way in a Loooong time!

The emotional looks of all the heroes faces were perfect....and the words of Tony pretty much sum up how I feel about the Vision and Scarlet Witch.

I hope they can work through this....and future writers dont take the easy way out of putting Wanda back with Simon.

WooooaAaahhhhh......
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #32
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by isculpt View Post
How did Thor come back?! What the....
It's in the current issue. He was sailing away to the afterlife along with other dead gods and, basically, fought his way back. No real solid explanation of how he traversed from one to the other, but there you have it. Typical sloppy, stupid, inane writing on Matt Fraction's part. He's got to be the worst writer, who seems to be the most successful, that I've ever seen.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #33
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
It's in the current issue. He was sailing away to the afterlife along with other dead gods and, basically, fought his way back. No real solid explanation of how he traversed from one to the other, but there you have it.
Quote:
Typical sloppy, stupid, inane writing on Matt Fraction's part. He's got to be the worst writer, who seems to be the most successful, that I've ever seen.
Damn that makes me want to kick him in the nuts more than Grant Morrison and we all know how i'd love to kick Morrison in the nuts.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #34
rilynil

On the other hand, Fraction's "Invincible Iron Man" has been a great read, in my opinion. One of Marvel's best titles. Until this run, Iron Man's solo series had never interested me.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #35
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
On the other hand, Fraction's "Invincible Iron Man" has been a great read, in my opinion. One of Marvel's best titles. Until this run, Iron Man's solo series had never interested me.

it's sad to see the big difference between the titles he writes.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #36
isculpt
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Really? His premises are interesting but the guys over at advanced iron (iron man fansite) just hate him lol. And that is sloppy writing, he just fights his way back in time for the Avengers movie?
isculpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #37
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by isculpt View Post
Really? His premises are interesting but the guys over at advanced iron (iron man fansite) just hate him lol. And that is sloppy writing, he just fights his way back in time for the Avengers movie?
Yes, really! "The Invincible Iron Man" has been a great read for several years now. I don't need an "Advanced Iron" endorsement to think so! I've been buying the monthly copies and the Invincible Iron Man omnibus editions as they come out.

As for Thor's comeback, I haven't been following that. Fraction may have taken an easy way out. But the fact is that Marvel can't have a dead Thor when the Avengers movie comes out.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #38
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Thor died and was reborn in a matter of months. Fraction's writing on Fear Itself was a cheat and a scam given the turnaround on characters like Thor and Bucky. I liked his writing on Invincible Iron Man during Dark Reign but he lost me shortly after that and I haven't gone back.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #39
Monty Props
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Thor died and was reborn in a matter of months. Fraction's writing on Fear Itself was a cheat and a scam given the turnaround on characters like Thor and Bucky. I liked his writing on Invincible Iron Man during Dark Reign but he lost me shortly after that and I haven't gone back.
If I want to read about Thor dying and being reborn, I go back and reread JMS' run. For my money, Thor hasn't been good since he left.

I am so happy that The Vision is back. After Avengers 24.1 and AvX O, I really wish he had his own series.
Monty Props is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #40
Peter-Vell
a marvelite

Hey, I think i´m one of the biggest Vision fans on this forum, but you guys keep saying "The original Vision"...

Isn´t this guy the "original" ?

Peter-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote