Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

» Spotlight
DGK Diamond Select Premier Wolverine Statue DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler DGK First 4 Figures Ornstein Exclusive Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #31
qz33
Thunderbolts
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,508
Integrity, it makes all the difference.

Spoiler

As someone who's b!tched slapped a few unscrupulous sellers I can give a buyers view.
As a buyer I've been burned many many times on eBay with lies and counterfeits. In the old days there was nothing you could do.

Returns are a consequence of meeting consumer expectations in the climate with which consumers are familiar. Anticipate their expectations which are what you would have as a buyer. As a consumer you expect to return something that does not meet expectations. This doesn't change just because it's eBay
Attract the right kinds of buyers. You want buyers that really want what you have without any surprises.

Putting AS IS or DAMAGED in the title not only the description actually helps. It's always easier to minimize imperfections than to emphasis them AFTER initial expectations.


Case In Point:
Spoiler
I bought a $500 statue listed as Brand New on eBay. After I won the auction I confirmed with the seller by eBay messages emphasizing that my purchase was "contingent on the item being as described in the listing as "Brand New AND Sealed" with all packaging and if not to please cancel the sale and provide a refund prior to shipping". They made no response. In the auction they provided no pictures other than a promotional image of the statue.

When I get it there was no original shipper and the artbox had stains and it smelled like dog food. So I file for a return which he refuses and points out he said no returns in his listing. That is never going to fly with any consumer, buyer,or eBay.

So he asks for pictures blah blah. So I pull up pics of what the factory shipper looks like and then send pics of his custom made wrapping he used instead and tell him all I want is to return the item. He says no what he sent was the original shipper and when he shipped it the artbox had no such stains. So he decides instead of doing a refund he will ask eBay to decide.

Well I now have his statue and his $500.
As a seller take responsibility even if you take a loss.





Assume nothing. Communicate. Buyer beware, but seller be wary. The impetus is on the seller just like any other business initiated transaction. As the seller YOU make the effort to Be honest. Give the complete history you have with the item, i.e bought it brand new from the factory, a store, displayed how, sun, pets, smoke, storage.


If you're only going to ship on Saturdays put that in the auction.
Then confirm it with messages or on the invoice.
Same with pictures and ask the buyer if they have any further questions and confirm by message every detail in the auction.

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #32
Gothamite
Cyclops
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Integrity, it makes all the difference.
Yup, I have a similar story. I got a Sideshow 1/4 statue that was covered with either pubic or armpit hairs. It's a good thing I used a video camera to document the entire unboxing process. The buyer couldn't BS his way out of it.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:46 AM   #33
candyrocket786
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
candyrocket786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Yup, I have a similar story. I got a Sideshow 1/4 statue that was covered with either pubic or armpit hairs. It's a good thing I used a video camera to document the entire unboxing process. The buyer couldn't BS his way out of it.
Were they from a woman? Was she hot?

I think there's a market for that sort of thing.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:53 AM   #34
Augen
Power Girl Fan
Adamantium Member
 
Augen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Yup, I have a similar story. I got a Sideshow 1/4 statue that was covered with either pubic or armpit hairs. It's a good thing I used a video camera to document the entire unboxing process. The buyer couldn't BS his way out of it.



Wait...what? Why?
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #35
Gothamite
Cyclops
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11,355
Lol, no idea. I spent a bit of time vacuuming the statue and Styrofoam brick.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #36
nearmint
The Atom
 
nearmint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Secret Sanctuary
Posts: 6,005
This thread brings up a subject that I've been mulling over for a while now. Why isn't the buy/sell/trade marketplace here on the boards more active?

I'm very active on the CGC message board. The amount of comics that change hands in their marketplace is tremendous. Everything from 5-figure Golden Age books to cheap moderns and dollar box filler.

As a result, I haven't sold a comic on eBay for years. Why give eBay a cut, and sell to someone who might report to Paypal that the item arrived damaged when I know that I provided bomb-proof packaging?

The CGC boards also offers certain safeguards. A naughty list called The Hall of Shame alerts buyers to board members who failed to deliver their end of the bargain in previous transactions.

We have a pretty tight-nit community here on Statue Forum. Why buy and sell to strangers on eBay when we could be buying and selling among ourselves here on the boards?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:10 PM   #37
candyrocket786
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
candyrocket786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
This thread brings up a subject that I've been mulling over for a while now. Why isn't the buy/sell/trade marketplace here on the boards more active?

I'm very active on the CGC message board. The amount of comics that change hands in their marketplace is tremendous. Everything from 5-figure Golden Age books to cheap moderns and dollar box filler.

As a result, I haven't sold a comic on eBay for years. Why give eBay a cut, and sell to someone who might report to Paypal that the item arrived damaged when I know that I provided bomb-proof packaging?

The CGC boards also offers certain safeguards. A naughty list called The Hall of Shame alerts buyers to board members who failed to deliver their end of the bargain in previous transactions.

We have a pretty tight-nit community here on Statue Forum. Why buy and sell to strangers on eBay when we could be buying and selling among ourselves here on the boards?
I think because folks on the boards (at least the other one for sure) want everything at a friend's discount (aka Good Price), with free shipping/insurance, an immaculate shipper and near-mint/mint quality on pieces for sale.

Just not worth the trouble.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:15 PM   #38
nearmint
The Atom
 
nearmint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Secret Sanctuary
Posts: 6,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I think because folks on the boards (at least the other one for sure) want everything at a friend's discount (aka Good Price), with free shipping/insurance, an immaculate shipper and near-mint/mint quality on pieces for sale.

Just not worth the trouble.
That's so self-defeating, though. The idea that you're going to get better service and quality from a stranger than people you interact with everyday here on the boards doesn't make it any sense.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:50 PM   #39
Gothamite
Cyclops
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
That's so self-defeating, though. The idea that you're going to get better service and quality from a stranger than people you interact with everyday here on the boards doesn't make it any sense.
Long-time members tend to be really savvy about getting statues for good prices. Plus, knowing what I know about two particular members, I'd rather not deal with them on any financial transactions.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:00 PM   #40
nearmint
The Atom
 
nearmint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Secret Sanctuary
Posts: 6,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Long-time members tend to be really savvy about getting statues for good prices. Plus, knowing what I know about two particular members, I'd rather not deal with them on any financial transactions.
But that's exactly the point. You're more likely to know who to deal with on the boards and who not to. eBay is a crapshoot.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com