Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 05-15-2006, 06:18 PM   #21
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Great pics P1X4R, I can see that your Rex has less blood on his jaws, mine really looks like he's been having a good wallow in dino guts lol!

To be honest, given the choice, I would have probably have opted for less red too, I didn't realise that it would be quite so bloody based on the web images.

Of course, the piece CAN be customised, as Marc personally supervises the finishing.

And yes, Oxmox are great to deal with - you get real personal attention from them. I only wish I had a place to put their awesome Deinonychus 1:1 piece. Maybe soon...
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:20 PM   #22
leks
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R
yup, i spoke with Marc over the phone requesting that there not be as much blood on the T-Rex head. he and Gaby are quite nice to deal with.
Ah so your pics are already toned down I was thinking about requesting the same thing just a little less, but that red/orange pattern it has on the face is also toned down on your version or just the blood?

Hmm wait now I am confusing myself I thought it had an orange pattern on the face the big rex, but now I am thinking that was perhaps only blood Ill check their site for reference.
leks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #23
P1X4R
Producer

leks, my digital camera is giving off too much red in my pics. it's not as red in person.
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:33 PM   #24
leks

Ok got it yeh, red did look too vibrant, and I can still see a little of the orange coming through on the head, I like the scheme you got
leks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:34 PM   #25
P1X4R
Producer

robomorph, i'm tempted on some of those 1:1 pieces! it would be a space killer though!
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:04 PM   #26
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

VERY nice pics, P1X!
Like you know, I almost ordered this one. Talked with Gaby many times about it. Looks nice. Not sure about the paint job, though, but then If I get this pice, I would repaint it(and re do some parts, principally the head) to make it looking like the JP T-Rex.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:19 PM   #27
robomorph

Of course Horizon brought out some vinyl kits of the JP dinos based on the Stan Winston molds, but I didn't care much for the T-Rex pose; Oxmox's version is much better.

The Horizon 'raptor was pretty good though - I got hold of some good reference pics of the colour schemes applied to the JP2:Lost World versions (they changed colour every movie) and had mine painted the same way -- it came out pretty good I think.

Still love to see a Sideshow statue of this though.
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:02 PM   #28
bat_collector
Galactus

wow, nothing wrong with this one. thanks for reviewing something different than the usual stuff.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:29 PM   #29
thx217
Ultimates

Sweet pics. P! I can't wait for mine. Hopefully Sideshow will do a Jurassic Park version like this.(with that rolled over damaged jeep under the feet).
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #30
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomorph
Of course Horizon brought out some vinyl kits of the JP dinos based on the Stan Winston molds, but I didn't care much for the T-Rex pose; Oxmox's version is much better.

The Horizon 'raptor was pretty good though - I got hold of some good reference pics of the colour schemes applied to the JP2:Lost World versions (they changed colour every movie) and had mine painted the same way -- it came out pretty good I think.

Still love to see a Sideshow statue of this though.
Beautiful. Oh, and great review robo.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote