Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-03-2020, 02:37 PM   #521
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
Any chance SS make variant of this
I’d be interested.

If this didn’t have Doc Oc’s tentacles on it I would’ve loved for this to have been varianted into Superior Spider-Man.

As is I guess the only variant that would half way make sense would be the black costume, either Symbiote or non Symbiote version.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 04:07 PM   #522
Biggunz
Loki

I like this one and wanted it but am hoping for something just a little bit better. I'll know it when I see it

This one is still a great piece though.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:04 PM   #523
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yessir! You know for sure? I don’t know how you know but that’s excellent news!

I mean if they do a THIRD Venom or Black Cat...well, I might be interested, lol. I don’t like either of the two they released for both of them.

BUT SS really needs to do some quality villains this time. The last go round was ALL REHASHES... GG, Venom, Carnage and Black Cat all over again. All of Spidey’s villains and they pick the same exact 4 like there isn’t anybody else?...I only liked Carnage...but if they could manage a classic HOBGOBLIN!!! Kraven with the leopard print pants and slippers! None of that XM cargoes and work boots nonsense. He’s supposed to be over the top!

I like XM’s Mysterio, Electro and Sandman but surely SS could come up with something. XM also had a great Scorpion but seeing as how they made like 2 of them (exaggeration) and it’s super expensive now there’s definitely room for SS to tackle him.

I’m not a big fan of XM‘S Doc Oc. SS used his tentacles on this new base so I’m not so sure they’ll make a Doc Oc on his own. Missed opportunity if so.
If we do get any it def won’t be nice villains like XMs Scorpion . I think a new Green Goblin would be in cards as well as Doc Ock , maybe even Electro.

Vulture , Kraven I don’t see it in short term . What do I know lol they are making a friggin Taskmaster so anything could happen .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:08 PM   #524
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecauseBatman View Post
Got mine chilling next to PF Wolverine, Black Widow and XM's Black Panther for now. Might dig out his box later tomorrow and switch out to the exclusive portrait

I have the Wolverine and Spider-Man right next to each other too, but in a corner of a room away from the window (and away from the angle light comes in). Both your Wolverine and Spider-Man looks a *lot* more colorful/bright than mine lol. I'm guessing it's just the lighting conditions? Even though the dim lighting bothers me, I just spent a bunch of time putting acrylic doors on a 39” and 19” wide Ikea Paxes and really don’t want to invest more time putting in display lights lol. Need to spend more time upgrading my career haha.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:08 AM   #525
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
I have the Wolverine and Spider-Man right next to each other too, but in a corner of a room away from the window (and away from the angle light comes in). Both your Wolverine and Spider-Man looks a *lot* more colorful/bright than mine lol. I'm guessing it's just the lighting conditions? Even though the dim lighting bothers me, I just spent a bunch of time putting acrylic doors on a 39” and 19” wide Ikea Paxes and really don’t want to invest more time putting in display lights lol. Need to spend more time upgrading my career haha.
If you don't have lights in your cases, your missing out. Invest in some some simple spotlights or led strips from amazon that you can wire all together to 1 plug. Super simple and makes the display imo.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:25 AM   #526
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
If you don't have lights in your cases, your missing out. Invest in some some simple spotlights or led strips from amazon that you can wire all together to 1 plug. Super simple and makes the display imo.
Totally agree. Without lights you are just putting your statues into tiny individual caves. Take the extra time and add some LED's.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:06 PM   #527
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Haha, you guys convinced me. I'm buying one of those wireless slim LED cabinet lights to see how the brightness looks. If it looks good, it'll be another $100 or so per Pax. I already sunk probably close to $1k into both Paxes when counting the acrylic, power tools, door hinges, etc., what's another $200.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:25 PM   #528
BecauseBatman
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
Yep, its the lighting conditions of the room. I have 12 foot ceilings and these vertical hanging blinds that I can open via remote. Luckily the sun light that shines in is very gentle and never direct throughout the entire year. The statues look brighter because of the natural light that is coming through the window
BecauseBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 11:31 AM   #529
schachi08
The Avengers

I snatched the Spider-Man PF statue for a good price, had the gaps removed and Spidey repainted. I really love the result:

schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 12:00 PM   #530
SONICobra
Batman

wow thats fantastic! looks AMAZING

please post pics of it fully assembled, would love to see more
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote