Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-17-2021, 12:03 PM   #21
Rafaelcab
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I'm legit shocked people are excited for this.

I mean, cool if they are, but I see that massive warehouse being a ghost town after everyone local sees it and the shine wears off. In an age where brick and mortar stores are becoming less and less common, XM decides to open up one of the biggest this industry as ever seen lol. I hope it works out, no doubt it will be a very nice place, can't argue that. Just surprised by the timing... Of course, this would have absolutely no barring with the increase in pricing, nothing related, thankfully.
It definitely can be a ghost town if they don't utilize the space well. I am thinking that if they had a good Cafe or restaurant in there to draw repeat visitors than that would be good. If not and it simply is just a display store for their pieces than i too dont see how it will last unless they try to turn it into a museum of sorts of pop cloture and charge entrance fee.
Rafaelcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:55 AM   #22
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

By Time Out Singapore

"On the lookout for that next Marvel, DC, Godzilla or Disney collectible to adorn your shelf? Soon, you'll be able to browse over 300 prized statue collectibles, merchandise and apparel at award-winning global design studio XM's first flagship concept store in Singapore.

Slated to launch in January 2022, the XM store will take over 19,000 square feet of space over one floor of Kitchener Complex. This sprawling space will be turned into a retail-cum-exhibition space for high-quality collectibles from major brands like Disney, Warner Bros., Hasbro, Godzilla, Ultraman, Sanrio and more. Conceptualised and designed by XM, these products will be displayed in immersive themed settings ? take for example, Gotham and the Batcave brought to life.

Local and regional enthusiasts will also want to hit up the first-ever XM store to pick up exclusive streetwear, themed merchandise and more lifestyle products. To fulfil its vision as a meeting space for collectibles fans, XM is also bringing in an in-house gelato and coffee bar, 99, where visitors can kick back with artisanal gelato, coffee and tea.

In the works are also product teasers, podcasts, unboxing videos, exclusive interviews and more, brought to you by the open broadcast studio Live@XM. And when you've shelled out for your prized collectibles, you'll surely want them to look good in the home. To help you picture the XM store statues in your home, the studio will also be launching the Collector's room ? which you can visit to get some creative home ideas.

Watch this space for the XM Store's official opening early next year. "

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 07:05 AM   #23
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"Opening its doors to public on 23 March 2022, the XM Store occupies 19,000 square feet across the third floor of Kitchener Complex in Singapore and boasts a premium lifestyle experience with over 300 prized statue collectibles conceptualized and designed in-house.

They include designs inspired- by Marvel, DC, Hasbro, Godzilla and more and will include lifestyle products, apparel and collectibles to be released in phases following the launch."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:27 AM   #24
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I'll give them props, the store is very very nice.

I don't see how they are getting the traffic for it but it's very well done and nicely laid out.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:43 AM   #25
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Is it actually in a mall? Or what kind of building or complex is the store housed in?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:51 AM   #26
aaronica
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Is it actually in a mall? Or what kind of building or complex is the store housed in?
it is a shopping complex but it is not exactly in the main shopping belt of Singapore

Made financial sense as the monthly rents in the central district for such a space will easily be closer to 6 digits
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 12:04 PM   #27
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I guess this is why they need to charge stupid prices for Maestro and Magneto. Something has got to pay for the store!
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 12:19 PM   #28
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

That must be a thrill for the 8 people a day who go in there actually willing to pay for/can afford them.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:28 AM   #29
aaronica
The Avengers

there is a lot of retirees hanging around there. Perhaps they be the main visitors once the hype dies down
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 02:23 PM   #30
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think XM would benefit from partnering with other brands and sublease space to get more traffic. Maybe even more apparel. High end statue collectibles are only a small market.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote