Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-22-2021, 03:57 AM   #491
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

If I got my 1:3 and the paint was flawless I'd consider the Limited Bust.
I'm already gambling ?3K on one statue and not going to throw another grand at a company I don't really trust.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 01:02 PM   #492
Python
Omega Red

Sit down for this everybody, I have surprising news that none of us saw coming.....

The super expensive bust that definitely sold out (For real) Within two days, has had its 1500 ES cut down to 500.

The rest are 100 each...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 01:59 PM   #493
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ I think we all knew better. And if I were a betting man, they have probably only sold 100 of those, at most. Shady? Yes. But I’m not mad, they haven’t forced anybody to buy that doesn’t want to. Where they lost my trust was about a year ago when they tried to raise our shipping price of the Batman: Batcave version by triple. To only later retract when enough complaints flooded their inboxes. Some will tell you that prime 1’s excuse of that being a mistake was genuine. I believe they would have pushed with the increase if they didn’t have a lot of cancellations and holds. Non favorable business practices is an understatement.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:10 PM   #494
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post

The rest are 100 each...
the busts being limited to 100 is a formality, there is no chance they will put in a order with the factory for 100 of each. Same base torso sculpt, only one different head (aside form the limited bust). i wouldn't be surprised if only 100 of the limited bust get made.

i know we think the collectible market is this huge sea of people because there are high end statue toy "lurkers" everywhere that don't post on the internet, visit forums and FB & youtube. the truth is, it's an incredibly limited market for people that #1 like the character, #2 have the money to spend on this, #3 have the space to commit to something like this and #4 are crazy enough to be in the #1,#2 & #3 group.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:18 PM   #495
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
^ I think we all knew better. And if I were a betting man, they have probably only sold 100 of those, at most. Shady? Yes. But I?m not mad, they haven?t forced anybody to buy that doesn?t want to. Where they lost my trust was about a year ago when they tried to raise our shipping price of the Batman: Batcave version by triple. To only later retract when enough complaints flooded their inboxes. Some will tell you that prime 1?s excuse of that being a mistake was genuine. I believe they would have pushed with the increase if they didn?t have a lot of cancellations and holds. Non favorable business practices is an understatement.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 07:07 PM   #496
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

They dropped the ES from 1,500 to 500?!

Recon my waitlist might convert then
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 07:47 PM   #497
Dundee
Hydra

Local retailer still holds them after initial release. These are going to take awhile to sell out.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:04 PM   #498
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

They would've sold more had they released one bust, with all the heads.

This multiple bust thing is a play from the Hot Toys book with character re-releases (Mando, Ironman, Stormtroopers) and different accessories.

Just corporate greed...
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:17 PM   #499
qz33
Doctor Doom

This game isn't about more sales but the most profit per sale...

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
They would've sold more had they released one bust, with all the heads.

This multiple bust thing is a play from the Hot Toys book with character re-releases (Mando, Ironman, Stormtroopers) and different accessories.

Just corporate greed...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:38 PM   #500
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
If I got my 1:3 and the paint was flawless I'd consider the Limited Bust.
I'm already gambling ?3K on one statue and not going to throw another grand at a company I don't really trust.
Yeah definitely this, I think it's overpriced and there is surely no way in hell I'd drop for this without seeing the final product.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote