Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-24-2021, 02:44 PM   #1861
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The pre-order option on cheapgraphicnovels is fairly new. I've pre-ordered some items recently, but the release dates for those haven't arrived so I can't say what that particular experience is like yet. All the in-stock books I ordered in the past were shipped in extremely safe packaging without any cancellations. I have no complaints.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:23 PM   #1862
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Thanks for the info.

I guess 1 positive is that I'm down to 2 I'm considering ordering now as I somehow was lucky enough to find the Captain America Brubaker and Simonson Thor omnibus at a used book/movie/game place close to home last night for really good prices. Can't believe that worked out.

Uncanny X-Men Vol 2 & Infinity Gauntlet are the other 2 I'm interested in. And Uncanny now says January 4th where it said December 21 yesterday. So who knows really.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:42 PM   #1863
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Anyone here have a decent amount of experience with cheapgraphicnovels.com?

I ask because if I go to their site, there are multiple Marvel omnibus I'm interested in ordering but on their site they're all available for "pre-order" with a release date of either late this month/or sometime in December. I guess I'm just curious how reliable listings like this are and whether or not they'll actually be in stock, and if it is legitimate then maybe I should just wait to see if instocktrades.com gets them in also? It looks like cheapgraphicnovels charges you immediately and I don't know if I want to pre-order multiple things from them without knowing whether or not they'll actually have them in stock.
CGN never has disappointed me. I?ve been ordering from them for years. Keeping books in your Wish List triggers emails from them so you can order when they?re available. They used to do pre-orders, then stopped, and has recently started up again. I?ve ordered a few from pre-orders and received my What If? omnibus volume 1 as soon as it was available. They?re a great shop.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 02:20 AM   #1864
Davidian
Omega Flight

CGN is the way to go. Been ordering from them for years and have never been disappointed. Great prices and excellent packaging.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 03:28 AM   #1865
Mister H
Gen 13

Spectacular Spider-Man omnibus volume 1 coming September 2022.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 08:57 AM   #1866
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Just ordered Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus, vol. 1 (:
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:42 PM   #1867
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Just ordered Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus, vol. 1 (:
Never read that before. Is it a lot different than the 616 version?
Old 01-15-2022, 10:45 PM   #1868
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I really liked Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate Marvel Universe was the thing when i started to collect original American comics. They were really new reader friendly fresh starts of a new Marvel Universe.

I followed Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimates, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Iron Man. Ultimate Fantastic Four was crapy. Ultimates title was fine, It was Avengers but they couldn't use the name at the time because of some issues about name rights so They renamed them as Ultimates. I followed Ultimate X-Men very short, it was going fine as well. Ultimate Iron Man was a mini... When i learned there was no more Ultimate Iron Man after issue 6 or something, i was really disappointed... I really like the desing of the Ultimate Iron Man armor. Ultimate Spider-man was amazing. Only second best compared to the Stan Lee and Steve Ditko's run. It was a fresh start, Peter was a High School Freshman kid, one day on Oscorp Reseach Center school trip, he gets bitten by a super spider ! yeah, Ultimate Spider-Man started from the very begining. Bendis had years and years of Spider-Man runs under his belt to interpret in this fresh Ultimate Universe.

And he interpreted really well. Even the Ultimate Clone Saga was amazing. This is probably the longest run in comics history by a single creative team. Bendis&Bagley stayed on the book for 160 issues or something. I wasn't there until the very end unfortunatly. But following Ultimate Spider-Man each month was amazing as far as i followed.

It is a really well done Spider-Man run with a proper begining and an end.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 07:32 PM   #1869
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yes, it’s different. Very similar, but different. The Ultimate Universe was created to bring in new readers who wouldn’t need to know the decades of canon that came before in the 616 universe. So, it’s a new telling of old characters but reimagined from their beginning. Technically, it’s a different universe since the two eventually crossed over and now the Ultimate Universe is gone. Bendis and Bagley had a long historic run on the Spider-Man title, longer even than the Lee/Kirby run on Fantastic Four, and it’s really well done.

Last edited by wktf; 01-17-2022 at 10:54 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:15 PM   #1870
Mister H
Gen 13

So that’s two recommendations. Guess I’ll get one.