Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-26-2021, 06:35 PM   #21
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Yeah, if you're an Iron Man fan, you really have to set some arbitrary guidelines for yourself or things will get out of hand in a hurry...
Too late.

I have their Mark 50 life size bust, but I’ve also got on preorder their 1/2 scale Mark 85 as well as the Mark 7 bust.

Just in 1/4 scale (as I’ve got many others) I have Iron Studios’ Mark 43, 46 and 85; Sideshows Mark 3, and Hot Toys Mark 3 and 43.

If I’m being honest the Hot Toys Mark 43 might actually be my personal favourite, though I really do like Sideshows Mark 3. However that might have to do with it being a copy of the Keyart from the actually film.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:39 PM   #22
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I'd love to know the size (dimensions) of this... Don't think it's announced anywhere.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:04 PM   #23
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Too late.

I have their Mark 50 life size bust, but I?ve also got on preorder their 1/2 scale Mark 85 as well as the Mark 7 bust.

Just in 1/4 scale (as I?ve got many others) I have Iron Studios? Mark 43, 46 and 85; Sideshows Mark 3, and Hot Toys Mark 3 and 43.

If I?m being honest the Hot Toys Mark 43 might actually be my personal favourite, though I really do like Sideshows Mark 3. However that might have to do with it being a copy of the Keyart from the actually film.
Haha...sorry.

Great collection. I can't afford to go there. I've avoided everything so far (always looking over the years, but denying myself), but finally decided to get my Iron Man fix with Queen's 1:4 line-up. Just looking to get probably four of them, and I think I'll be satisfied. I really wanted a Mark III bust, but Queen was dragging their feet on an announcement, so I think I've missed out on Sideshow's, and may end up passing if Queen actually does one. Maybe.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:14 PM   #24
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Am still waiting for the ultimate 1/4 scale iron man. I know it has to be movie based but not sure which suit to go for. Will probably be out of mark 3 or 7, although I like the civil war suit too

Am looking forward to seeing queen's life-size mark 3 bust, although my wallet isn't!
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 08:07 PM   #25
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Am still waiting for the ultimate 1/4 scale iron man. I know it has to be movie based but not sure which suit to go for. Will probably be out of mark 3 or 7, although I like the civil war suit too

Am looking forward to seeing queen's life-size mark 3 bust, although my wallet isn't!
Quote:
Haha...sorry.

Great collection. I can't afford to go there. I've avoided everything so far (always looking over the years, but denying myself), but finally decided to get my Iron Man fix with Queen's 1:4 line-up. Just looking to get probably four of them, and I think I'll be satisfied. I really wanted a Mark III bust, but Queen was dragging their feet on an announcement, so I think I've missed out on Sideshow's, and may end up passing if Queen actually does one. Maybe.
Their simple Iron Man busts haven’t been priced too outrageously. Especially in comparison to their silicone ones, but they’re a bit more expensive than Sideshows.

And from what I saw Sideshows Mark 3 came out reasonably well, unlike the dumpster fire that was their Mark 42 that I got from them.
Old 11-27-2021, 04:27 AM   #26
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Their simple Iron Man busts haven?t been priced too outrageously. Especially in comparison to their silicone ones, but they?re a bit more expensive than Sideshows.

And from what I saw Sideshows Mark 3 came out reasonably well, unlike the dumpster fire that was their Mark 42 that I got from them.
I hope you're right re price, was just thinking of the mark 7 which looks stunning but has a lot more suit and details than sideshow's whereas I'd be happy with something more basic like sideshow's original mark 3 bust, just with queen's level of detail and paint job

I know queen won't do a very basic base though
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 07:20 AM   #27
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I hope you're right re price, was just thinking of the mark 7 which looks stunning but has a lot more suit and details than sideshow's whereas I'd be happy with something more basic like sideshow's original mark 3 bust, just with queen's level of detail and paint job

I know queen won't do a very basic base though
No they certainly won’t.

I’m fine with my current Mark 50 that I got from Queen. I’ve also got their Mark 7 bust on preorder, so I’m already on IM bust overload. It’s actually one of my least favourite suits, but the bust looked so damn good that I couldn’t say no.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:31 PM   #28
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Finally pre-ordered this one now that I'm confident that the last reveal will be the Mark III. I'll be getting four from this line. Looks like that will be it for me for Iron Man, as I don't like their Mark III bust as much as most do. I prefer the SS that I missed out on.

Who's getting some or all of this line? I know BigMo is all-in.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 08:20 PM   #29
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Finally pre-ordered this one now that I'm confident that the last reveal will be the Mark III. I'll be getting four from this line. Looks like that will be it for me for Iron Man, as I don't like their Mark III bust as much as most do. I prefer the SS that I missed out on.

I’m pretty much getting all their MCU 1/4 line…….except for Iron Man pieces. Though I’ll be getting a few of their life size busts and 1/2 scale statues.

I have too many older 1/4 scales from other manufacturers. Most of which I know aren’t as good at those from Queen.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:55 AM   #30
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:

Won't be in for the full line, I'm usually a one character collector kinda guy but I love this piece and really considering it as my iron man of choice. I'm buying quite a few of the QS 1/4 MCU line though.

I'm pretty limited in space though and for some very odd reason, Queen refuses to put up the measurements with this. No measurements means no order from me sadly.

If it's still available when they get around to adding the dimensions, I'll likely get this assuming it isn't too big for the display I'm using. It should be fine but I don't want to take a chance and it's a little silly to me such an important part of the details is missing.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote