Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 11-11-2021, 02:46 PM   #61
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
At $1K+ these do have to be perfect, and I'm not seeing perfection with the Wanda either. The expression is blank, Hot Toys zombie-like, and the hair frames the head (on the crown) awkwardly, and drags the overall likeness down for me.
If it's supposed to be blowing back behind the shoulders, it needs to look like it's blowing back, not just like it was styled in place there.
'Cause every image I've seen of her in costume, the hair falls in front
I'm waiting for Queen Studios' take on Wanda. They're getting a lot of my business lately.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:04 PM   #62
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I'm waiting for Queen Studios' take on Wanda. They're getting a lot of my business lately.
Same. I want to see the Queen version before plunking down my money for this one (which I still like).
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:27 PM   #63
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Other than Scar Jo BW and classic Gal WW, an E Olsen SW is the main thing keeping me in this.

The only prob with Queen's (for me) is going to be that it's the IW/EG look- Straighter hair with the duster, pants and bustier costume.

I kind of came around on that look, but then WV came along and now I'm all onboard with a truer, closer-to-final SW design and costume.

But these statues aren't ever just about one thing with me. I'll probably overlook my costume preference if the piece as a whole strikes some chord.

Sometimes not getting what you think you want ends up being a good thing.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:53 PM   #64
ukshaun
Hercules

While i have no intention of picking this up, i do really like the red backdrop concept. It looks highly original.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 05:43 PM   #65
nearmint
Phoenix

I'd like this in 1/4 scale...

Old 11-11-2021, 07:13 PM   #66
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I’m getting both the 1/4 and 1/10 scale pieces from Iron Studios. And for good measure I’m also getting the Hot Toys figure.

You can never have too many..........?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 11:11 AM   #67
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Should there be concern for this not being released or delayed significantly? I Ask because at D23 over the weekend Iron Studios showed off just about ALL of their new 1/4 pieces, Mando, Sam Wilson Cap, Both Visions, and even a new Gladiator Hulk from Ragnarok, but nowhere to be seen was this Wanda 1/4 piece. Seems odd. Was announced at same time as the Visions, and you would think if the proto has been ready they would want eyes on it at these conventions.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 12:01 PM   #68
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Should there be concern for this not being released or delayed significantly? I Ask because at D23 over the weekend Iron Studios showed off just about ALL of their new 1/4 pieces, Mando, Sam Wilson Cap, Both Visions, and even a new Gladiator Hulk from Ragnarok, but nowhere to be seen was this Wanda 1/4 piece. Seems odd. Was announced at same time as the Visions, and you would think if the proto has been ready they would want eyes on it at these conventions.
Good point. I really wish it had been there. That's a piece that I'd really like to see with my own eyes.
Old 09-16-2022, 04:39 PM   #69
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Just ordered this from Sideshow. I am going to pair it with my Queen life size Vision bust. I haven't seen this Iron Studios version up for preorder at too many other places and it should be shipping soon. I didn't want to miss out. Overall, I have enjoyed most of my 1/4 Iron Studios Marvel pieces so I am hoping this continues the trend.

I was going to wait for Queen but I am not sure if I'm ready for the rooted hair (especially on 1/4 scale). Also, it may be several months before Queen's version is even shown or up for preorder. I can probably enjoy this in my collection for 12-18 months and then sell it if I do end up liking the Queen version better. And if I don't like what Queen ends up showing, I will have at least secured this one.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 05:15 PM   #70
pdenham
Teen Titans

^ Makes sense.

Entertainment Earth has the 1/10 spell casting Wanda (shown a few posts above) and 1/10 Vision, which seems to have a better likeness than the similarly designed 1/4. No reward points there, but no NRDs and easier to cancel.

I also like the look of the Diamond Gallery MoM Scarlet Witch- especially for the money (under $60)

You can manhandle these things too when it comes time to dust, with no worries about breakage. That's something that's a big plus to me.
I'm scale agnostic so the 1/7th-ish size isn't a problem either. They exist perfectly on top of my computer speakers.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote