Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-16-2017, 06:31 AM   #31
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Even though Erick will be working with kotobukiya, it does mention he will be doing his own marvel line for his own company. Tough choices ahead. Do you buy from kotobukiya for Erick's work or from Erick himself for marvel characters? His official marvel announcement will be coming in the summer according to him.

I'm sure he will be releasing x-men as well as Marvel characters as well. Everyone prepare your wallets, because it's going to hurt.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #32
ryanrocks
Frackin!

Im totally against with reissue even if i missed the previous DRS.

Whats the point of having them numbered if they'll just reissue the figure.

Agree with remake or resculpt on old characters
ryanrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #33
qz33
Doctor Doom

I feel rehashing characters to be far less progressive than re-issues of past statues.

I'd rather have re-releases than to go all over again with character rehashes. That defeats the point of the DRS line continuing on.

Reissues that were still sufficiently limited could be just enough to calm the aftermarket and reinvigorate interest in the line. Doesn't have to affect progress of new characters. Below $500 is all these should ever sell for and that should be the extreme.

Also unlikely new versions would be seen as good as the old. I don't see anything even from other companies or larger scales beating many of these original sculpts Sosa did for Kotobukiya.
I'd still like this and consider it superior even to the resculpted brown Wolverine Kotobukiya did produce and I was happy to buy. Would so like to swap the bases on this and the yellow version and I actually like they were going to be the same sculpts.
This statue just disappearing is so strange. Guess the molds got trashed.
Would have done the X-Force variant too.

It's pretty simple the more money Kotobukiya can make from these statues in this line the more statues in the line we will get.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:23 PM   #34
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

They re-issued the Jim Lee Superman not too long ago. Sold out pretty fast. And while I'm certain it upset the resale market the statue is sold out and you'll still pay a small premium for it. probably no where near had they just never reissued it but if I wanted to sell mine today or say next year I'm sure I could make a small profit on a statue that at one point dipped under $100 on amazon.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:16 PM   #35
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I get wanting a crack at old favorites that are out of reach now, there's a few I wouldn't mind getting my hands on for a decent price. To me, though, it isn't about the secondary market so much as it is about the integrity of the line. Like others have said, these are higher end collectibles with a numbered run. The number should mean something...if it doesn't, then what's the point. A straight reissue would hurt the line imo.

All that said, a complete repaint/recoloring with a new base on a piece or two wouldn't bother me too much...a piece or two and they'd have to be specific pieces. Like the X-Force Wolverine above...if they released that, I wouldn't see it as that big of a deal. A straight reissue (paint and all) would be imo.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:33 PM   #36
qz33
Doctor Doom

It's hard to sustain interest in a line where some of the most desired pieces were produced half a decade ago. New entrants don't have a chance to obtain whatever they may desire. And for the X-Men lets face it a complete lineup is desired by a lot.

I don't see $200 statues enough as high end collectibles worthy of protection by inducing an artificial scarcity so far below demand, especially at the expense of the producing company which is still trying to support the line.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:00 PM   #37
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I get wanting a crack at old favorites that are out of reach now, there's a few I wouldn't mind getting my hands on for a decent price. To me, though, it isn't about the secondary market so much as it is about the integrity of the line. Like others have said, these are higher end collectibles with a numbered run. The number should mean something...if it doesn't, then what's the point. A straight reissue would hurt the line imo.

All that said, a complete repaint/recoloring with a new base on a piece or two wouldn't bother me too much...a piece or two and they'd have to be specific pieces. Like the X-Force Wolverine above...if they released that, I wouldn't see it as that big of a deal. A straight reissue (paint and all) would be imo.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:11 PM   #38
mickey
The Avengers

When this news came out, reissue of the previous statues in this line is what came to my mind first.
The new statues that will come out for this line would seem like it'd mostly be for those who had started collecting them from the start...
Those who are interested to get in this line at this point might shy away unless they're willing to spend so much on the previously released ones. I'm interested, but knowing that Koto doesn't do reissues for FineArts,
I just stopped considering getting on board. But since a re-ish discussion is up, thought I'd join :P
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:35 PM   #39
masterlei13
Birdman

clearly re issues is a no no. but since koto is starting to release 6 fine arts, i think, starting next year. probably in the next 5 to 6 years, all equally important characters will all be made already. so re issues will be possible at that time.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:18 PM   #40
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
It's hard to sustain interest in a line where some of the most desired pieces were produced half a decade ago. New entrants don't have a chance to obtain whatever they may desire. And for the X-Men lets face it a complete lineup is desired by a lot.

I don't see $200 statues enough as high end collectibles worthy of protection by inducing an artificial scarcity so far below demand, especially at the expense of the producing company which is still trying to support the line.
I see where you're coming from and it makes sense...we just have differing points of view on the subject. You also have to consider that this is Koto's most expensive and, arguably, most prestigious line. You start releasing replicas of previous statues and it diminishes that prestige.

I used to be into sneakers pretty heavily...Jordans and such. Then Jordan started retroing (re-releasing) everything. They made a mint, I'm sure, but basically destroyed the stature the brand once had. ...that was mass-produced footwear. These are limited run collectibles. It's just a bad look imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey View Post
When this news came out, reissue of the previous statues in this line is what came to my mind first.
The new statues that will come out for this line would seem like it'd mostly be for those who had started collecting them from the start...
Those who are interested to get in this line at this point might shy away unless they're willing to spend so much on the previously released ones. I'm interested, but knowing that Koto doesn't do reissues for FineArts,
I just stopped considering getting on board. But since a re-ish discussion is up, thought I'd join :P
Like people have been saying...there's always the chance of resculpts.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote