Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 06-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #1701
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
not sure. I picked up both even though I'm not really a fan of Trinity. Just to good of a deal to pass up. Oh and I got the last copy of Blade in the entire store. Talk about lucky.
I'm not the biggest Trinity fan either, but I also would have gotten it at that price.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #1702
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
FYI for those that have a Fry's near them. Both Blade and Blade: Trinity came out this week and are $7.99 and come with $5 of Movie Cash to see The Dark Knight Rises. So if you're planning on seeing the TDKR anyway (which who in their right mind wouldn't be?) your net cost for each BD is a scant $2.99. Not going to see many deals better than that.
Is this Blade release different from the previous one?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #1703
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Unhappy

Yes they're different. The Canadian Alliance releases were crap. On this new release Blade is presented in it's original aspect ratio and Trinity is the Unrated version as opposed to the theatrical cut.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:02 AM   #1704
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Yes they're different. The Canadian Alliance releases were crap. On this new release Blade is presented in it's original aspect ratio and Trinity is the Unrated version as opposed to the theatrical cut.
Ok cool. I knew the old release of Blade was supposed to be crap. That's why I've stayed away from it this whole time. I only asked because the new release does not appear to have any indication of it being a different version. Perhaps I'm simply looking at the wrong one, but is there a way to distinguish the old from the new?
Old 06-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #1705
patrickwm68
The Flash

Picked up all 3 Spider-Man films at Walmart for $12.96 each. Each movie comes with a code to redeem for either $10 in movie cash towards an Amazing Spider-Man ticket or $5 concession cash, your choice.

For $2.96 Walmart also has an exclusive ASM sneak peek DVD and comic book.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #1706
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Good deal on those -- titles Pat!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #1707
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
FYI for those that have a Fry's near them. Both Blade and Blade: Trinity came out this week and are $7.99 and come with $5 of Movie Cash to see The Dark Knight Rises. So if you're planning on seeing the TDKR anyway (which who in their right mind wouldn't be?) your net cost for each BD is a scant $2.99. Not going to see many deals better than that.
Quote:
So cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
How did I miss this???
WOW! Thanks for this tip
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #1708
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Ok cool. I knew the old release of Blade was supposed to be crap. That's why I've stayed away from it this whole time. I only asked because the new release does not appear to have any indication of it being a different version. Perhaps I'm simply looking at the wrong one, but is there a way to distinguish the old from the new?
I'd recommend picking it up in store. The Alliance release will only be available online so anything in stores will be the new transfer/release. For whatever reason Amazon has screwed this release up. I haven't checked again but they didn't even have the new versions up for pre-order when I bought mine. Strange thing is they have Blade II up though which comes out in a few weeks.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #1709
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
I'd recommend picking it up in store. The Alliance release will only be available online so anything in stores will be the new transfer/release. For whatever reason Amazon has screwed this release up. I haven't checked again but they didn't even have the new versions up for pre-order when I bought mine. Strange thing is they have Blade II up though which comes out in a few weeks.
That's what caused my confusion. Amazon appeared to have the same version they've always had and I didn't see any indication of it being new. Off to the store I go then. Thanks.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #1710
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
That's what caused my confusion. Amazon appeared to have the same version they've always had and I didn't see any indication of it being new. Off to the store I go then. Thanks.
No problem Ronald. I believe Best Buy has them on sale too. $9.99 IIRC and they all should have the TDKR $5 Movie Cash attached.