Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-20-2022, 07:48 AM   #81
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
Got real excited when I saw new posts on this thread! Hoping to see this soon too. Need to know what the vehicle looks like. However, last time I said that another member was near halfway down my throat as I should only care about the T-Rex themselves apparently and who cares about the car?
Don't worry about "that guy", he is a troll and should have been banned a long time ago.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 11:14 AM   #82
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Got real excited when I saw new posts on this thread! Hoping to see this soon too. Need to know what the vehicle looks like. However, last time I said that another member was near halfway down my throat as I should only care about the T-Rex themselves apparently and who cares about the car?
I would say, yes it sucks big time having that part just "blank" and no logo but should be an easy fix. Either a decal or painted. But don't miss out on the Rexes!
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 04:37 PM   #83
John Hammond
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

P1 said that this figure didn't show up finished in the last one by a bit as they intended to show it but they couldn't finish it in time, so there's a chance to see it here.

In my case it is important to know the size to prepare the area, also I still think about the Rex&Carnotaurus statue and I want to know how everything could fit together.
John Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:12 PM   #84
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hammond View Post
P1 said that this figure didn't show up finished in the last one by a bit as they intended to show it but they couldn't finish it in time, so there's a chance to see it here.

In my case it is important to know the size to prepare the area, also I still think about the Rex&Carnotaurus statue and I want to know how everything could fit together.
Unfortunately, the reason is they don't have licensing from Mercedes. So legally, they can't use the logo.
Old 07-21-2022, 01:19 AM   #85
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

The lack of logo on the Mercedes won't stop me from buying this piece, but the absurd cost of shipping to Canada might. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Hoping for a painted sample reveal this week/weekend.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:41 AM   #86
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Unfortunately, the reason is they don't have licensing from Mercedes. So legally, they can't use the logo.
Im not really bothered about the Mercedes logo being there, thats easily taken care of. But my worry is the car being a different shape. And while the Mercedes aren’t remotely as iconic as the original cars, its still important to me that theyre as accurate as they can be. If anyones played Jurassic World Evolution, theyll know what Im talking about with the Ford Explorers in that game as they didn’t have the licensing for them. Im confident the T-Rexs will be near perfect going by P1s last pieces. I just hope they can get the vehicle very, very close.

I actually imagine the fact theyre making this piece at all with the vehicle suggests the vehicle is very close. Otherwise they could have used the trailer instead surely. Iron Studios have skipped the Jeep entirely due to licensing.

Hopefully we will see at SDCC!
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:07 AM   #87
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Seems we aren't getting anything JP in sdcc :/
Old 07-21-2022, 12:23 PM   #88
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
But my worry is the car being a different shape. And while the Mercedes aren?t remotely as iconic as the original cars, its still important to me that theyre as accurate as they can be. If anyones played Jurassic World Evolution, theyll know what Im talking about with the Ford Explorers in that game as they didn?t have the licensing for them. Im confident the T-Rexs will be near perfect going by P1s last pieces. I just hope they can get the vehicle very, very close.
100% agree.

Quote:
Seems we aren't getting anything JP in sdcc :/
Well, there's this awesome 1/12 Rex Maquette for $1,490.
Not sure what it is though, it says Limited Edition but could be a custom.

Picture was posted by Felipe Cagno on Instagram.

Edit:

It's from Elite Creature Collectibles. Nice!
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 01:55 PM   #89
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
100% agree.

Well, there's this awesome 1/12 Rex Maquette for $1,490.
Not sure what it is though, it says Limited Edition but could be a custom.

Picture was posted by Felipe Cagno on Instagram.

Edit:

It's from Elite Creature Collectibles. Nice!
Oh yes, saw the tease yesterday. Want to see more pics because it looks, i don't know, somewhat weird. Maybe the lens effect. But ECC an insane company.
Old 07-21-2022, 02:03 PM   #90
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Oh yes, saw the tease yesterday. Want to see more pics because it looks, i don't know, somewhat weird. Maybe the lens effect. But ECC an insane company.
I know we are OT, but do you remember where you saw the tease?
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote