Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-09-2016, 12:48 PM   #111
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris14 View Post
yeah..Beta Ray Bill FLOORED, OUT STAGE the thor stat..dont put them beside ea other...the THOR stat IS NOT IMPRESSIVE!!!! an amateur did it!!! And that's the bottom line bec. the ROCK said so!!
Erick's Thor sculpt is amazing... And so damn impressive.

Now if you don't like the design or the art direction that is one thing, it was the direction he was told to take the sculpt by the people paying him, but to call him an amateur just reveals one thing .... You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Calling Erick Sosa an amateur. That's some gaul.
I was going to go with bat---- crazy
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:53 PM   #112
ambasah
Red Skull

he is up there with randy bowen in helping make this hobby what it is today. one of the best in the industry for sure.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:01 PM   #113
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris14 View Post
yeah..Beta Ray Bill FLOORED, OUT STAGE the thor stat..dont put them beside ea other...the THOR stat IS NOT IMPRESSIVE!!!! an amateur did it!!! And that's the bottom line bec. the ROCK said so!!
This guy.... does not know what he's talking about.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:30 PM   #114
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I wouldn't say Sosa is an amateur. No freaking way. The guy has done amazing work. That being said this BRB piece is about a million times better than Thor. No slight to Sosa. That's just the way it is. At least imo.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:58 PM   #115
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
he signed my Thor base for me at SDCC this year

Nice! Erick Sosa's Thor is the ultimate comic interpretation, bar none. Beta Ray Bill tho; whoa!
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:08 PM   #116
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I wouldn't say Sosa is an amateur. No freaking way. The guy has done amazing work. That being said this BRB piece is about a million times better than Thor. No slight to Sosa. That's just the way it is. At least imo.
The difference between like be the art direction IMHO, and that isn't a slight any way. One is a classic museum pose designed to fit in with the classic Avengers, and the other is a more modern action pose, and BRB costume just leads to more fun
Old 08-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #117
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Is it just me or does it seem the way he is holding the hammer is weird?
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah it's not inline with his forearm like it would be to make a heavy strike. A strike like that would be basically opened palm and cause his hand to go backwards at the wrist.

Instead of having the hammer perpendicular to his forearm if they just turn the hammer to align with his wrist like the alt hand for the right arm it would look right.
Yep, the hammer is odd. As the arm is interchangable it looks like that is how the whole piece was sculpted together.

Aside from being more logical to strike, having the head of the hammer perpendicular to his body also allows you to see the coolness of BRB's hammer.

I hope XM sees this. I will also make this comment on their FB page since both arm&hammers (ha!) look to be positioned that way.

Aside from that -- this piece is great!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #118
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Watch thy tongue...less the mighty Sosa sculpted Thor smite thee back to Valhalla.

You know not what you speak mortal!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:47 AM   #119
TGLOR
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Erick's Thor sculpt is amazing... And so damn impressive.

Now if you don't like the design or the art direction that is one thing, it was the direction he was told to take the sculpt by the people paying him, but to call him an amateur just reveals one thing .... You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

I was going to go with bat---- crazy
When I see the images of the helmet of thor I am sad. Why did they change the position of the wings of the helmet on the productions? The wings of the helmet on the prototype were positioned perfectly.
TGLOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:17 AM   #120
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLOR View Post
When I see the images of the helmet of thor I am sad. Why did they change the position of the wings of the helmet on the productions? The wings of the helmet on the prototype were positioned perfectly.
I am not sure why they made the changes. If you look at the multiple shot you can see that there were four different headsculpts... Straight hair no bear, curly hair no beard, beard no helmet, helmet and beard.... What I don't understand is why the classic curly hair one wasn't used... But I am sure XM had reasons... So pretty though