Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-30-2020, 11:05 PM   #1091
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This is a great piece but there are just too many statues out there and the options got ya'll head spinning. Aint got space. And no more it's cool so I buy it.

Wonder what else will be getting the discount bin....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:48 AM   #1092
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This is a great piece but there are just too many statues out there and the options got ya'll head spinning. Aint got space. And no more it's cool so I buy it.

Wonder what else will be getting the discount bin....
Hopefully the Gambit maquette!
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:59 AM   #1093
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
That one is a likely candidate. But even Rogue who is now going for what, 3x over retail was coupon eligible before her EX sold out. But, yeah, that’s a lot of Gambits.

I’m sure I don’t need this Punisher, I wasn’t sold on the production piece. But I really like discounts soooo...
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:17 AM   #1094
Royalguard
The Avengers

Just got this one last week. Had to grind the key some it was a snug fit.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 02:17 PM   #1095
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
A discount on Gambit would peak my interest!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 02:40 PM   #1096
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
A discount on Gambit would peak my interest!
I'd be down for a discount on Gambit too.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:00 PM   #1097
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I never liked the bat so I like that custom allot. Still waiting for a Punisher I love. I’d take something similar to Bowen’s Punisher in 1/4 and I’d be a happy man.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:58 PM   #1098
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I made the archenemy Jigsaw for myself as a OOAK to use with the Punisher. Finished today except for the base ... still thinking about the design.
Just took a few snapshots together with my custom Punisher PF:

punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:44 AM   #1099
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Just had a chance to go over this bad boy, my two cents.

The bad; The paint on the arms and base are less than stellar. The arms paint lacks depth, dirt, realism, as compared to the rest of the sculpt. A pity, as with a bit more effort, the veining & subtle shading/dirt blood would have been way more fitting and in line with the great design. The regular head, though good in both sculpt & paint, is a "safe" rendition.

The base design is great, simple, effective, but lacks an extra coat or two of paint/glossier finish(?), to convey the marble effect better.

The sculpt, concept, design, details, balance, vibe, are all subtle brilliance. A slow, cool burn, where that war skull paint portrait will captivate, resonate, & unnerve. This skull portrait though, IS the sculpt, & one of the best, freshest takes on a character in a very long time. But the best part is that it works, perfectly. Not the proto paint, but a hell of a lot better than expected, & way better than some have claimed, or the 'plastic" paint apps that most are sadly so used to.

Some of you come off as being so picky/anal that if you found a gal, buns in the air, beckoning, you'd zone in on that one pimple on her arse, & run away screeching. I strongly suggest you pop that zit, ...................................with your teeth! And then? Devour the rest,...............of course!

P.S. Would have been cool if a subtle blood drop trail was added to the base/steps, along with two bloodied shoe prints (top of landing, bottom stair), & maybe a bloody hand/finger print on the broken cane. Would have reinforced the narrative, adding movement, and an immediate sense of pending doom, as Frank is on the trail & about to dish out some bone crunching hell.

P.P.S. Man, just got a Col. Kurtz/Capt. Willard vibe. Fcking brilliant!

P.P.P.S. Jesus Christ, this thing just got even better, revealing another level of brilliance. As I walked away from the sculpt, after close inspection/admiration, I walked across the room & glanced back at the statue, from a distance. What you see, as the details "blur", is the black painted motifs of costume, hair, and neck fade and blend into a "nothingness", becoming a framework for the painted portrait's death head. The effect is stunning, jarring, and a total surprise. Beautiful work Sideshow.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:28 PM   #1100
Peedi
The Secret Six

Nice job on that Jigsaw, punisher2000. A character that at this point is highly unlikely, it’s cool to see what you did here. I like his expression and how he’s looking up at Frank. Perfect companion statues.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote