Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-19-2020, 09:38 AM   #21
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Joe Quesada's art has never appealed to me. To this day, Dave Cockrum's art does. So, Quesada, was very wrong IMO with his comment.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:29 AM   #22
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I've done some amateur cyber-sleuthing, and I do believe it's copyright-related. I've read a post or two before, alleging the same, but wanted to try to track down some details.

Some facts:
-Dave Cockrum created Nightcrawler, while in the Navy, before joining Marvel.(*)
-Paty Cockrum, his wife, also worked for Marvel.
-Nightcrawler was Cockrum's favorite.
-Sick, and in financial trouble in 2004, fellow artist Neal Adams tried to persuade Marvel to share profits from the recent success of blockbuster movies.
"though the company argued that it owed Cockrum nothing because he was a freelancer, Marvel ultimately agreed to pay Cockrum $200,000 for Nightcrawler. That amount, which Marvel has never confirmed, was judged insufficient by Adams."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Cockrum

https://www.recordonline.com/article...News/612020330

Speculation:
-A lot of drama here, and I didn't read it all, but it seems Paty was never pleased with the situation, and may be involved in litigation.

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/p....asp?TID=36808

-That litigation may not just involve money owed, but dispute over copyright (different type of Creative Commons License?), specifically my first "fact"(*) - Nightcrawler being created before being employed by Marvel, therefore not "work for hire".

-This may be why certain products have released over the years which included Nightcrawler. They may fall under a group designation, or pre-dated a lawsuit.
Pretty much sums up why we haven't seen anything nightcrawler for a long LONG time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Nightcrawler will be made. XM finally got the go ahead, according to the FB group. If they want to turn that 1/6 into a 1/4, I would love that.
They did start using him in the comics again, but probably legal stuff hadn't been worked out up until recently. Heard the same thing that XM had gotten approved so probably end of next year we will see something.

If XM got approved I wonder if SS just got approved as well or if they had gotten approved previously. Then in the next year or two we may be seeing a SS PF.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:44 AM   #23
Peedi
The Secret Six

With the exception of the iOS app icon (2018 I think?) the rest are between 2019 or 2020. Not much, but clearly there’s not a ban on Nightcrawler merchandise. Where are y’all getting that from? You can find these in stores now.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:51 AM   #24
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
If Nightcrawler was in the Legion and not the X-Men he’d be just like all of the other Legion...completely revamped every 2 years and in there lost somewhere in the shuffle:

Granted the X-Men have just as many in their number but how many in the Legion are highly notable, compared to how notable the top tier X-Men are, of which Nightcrawler is undisputedly one of them? Statue or not, Marvel, particularly X-Men, was the best thing that could’ve happened for the character.
I can definitely agree with you about how the Legion is now Peedi-Nightcrawler would get lost in the shuffle of the LSH membership.

However, if we are talking about the Legion when Paul Levitz was writing the Legion, then Nightcrawler-like any member of the Legion - would have stood out and been given his own distinctive personality. Even during his 3rd run on the Legion (at least before the NU52), the Legion members all had distinctive personalities and none were ever shoved to the back burner.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:44 PM   #25
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post

If XM got approved I wonder if SS just got approved as well or if they had gotten approved previously. Then in the next year or two we may be seeing a SS PF.
That'd be ideal if XM and sideshow released a 1/4 Nightcrawler at roughly the same time. It happened with Sabretooth and Colossus recently. It eliminates buyers remorse and allows us to pick up whichever one we like best.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:47 PM   #26
FJC
Midnighter

If XM does release a 1/4 Nightcrawler, I hope it's in his classic costume. I don't mind some texturing but I don't want many changes to his classic costume.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:46 PM   #27
AC_808
Hercules

I hope that's true that XM got the approval to make Nightcrawler.

And I hope that also means SSC will get an approval as well. We sorely need a 1/4 scale Nightcrawler statue.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:16 AM   #28
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I hope that's true that XM got the approval to make Nightcrawler.

And I hope that also means SSC will get an approval as well. We sorely need a 1/4 scale Nightcrawler statue.
Most definitely, the character is long overdue.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:37 AM   #29
FJC
Midnighter

I can't wait to hear some news on this. I hope we get a preview or some art renders.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:20 AM   #30
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Iron Studios has revealed a 1/10 Nightcrawler...

It's high chance that XM will do it soon.. probably sometime in 2021 I hope!! Get ready, guys!!! We would soon be getting a Nightcrawler 1/4 scale statue in our collection in the near future!!
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote