Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-06-2019, 01:12 PM   #71
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I just SAID THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that Dr. Strange had seen all those different possibilities play out is worth mentioning as it does explain how they were able to gather that many heroes and forces so quickly.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:29 PM   #72
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I'm good with the explanation presented by the Russo's. Within the rules they established it makes sense. That said, shouldn't Steve still have reappeared on the same platform he left from? This was the only time anyone used the Pym particles and didn't come back on the very same platform they left from.

Here is a question. What does this explanation mean for all the people who lived in Steve's alternate timeline? This means there is a whole nother existence of souls in that universe that live out their days as Steve ages. So when he decides to come back, this means they cease to exist, right? I get that "it never happened" for them after that point and Steve is the only one that experienced it. However, couldn't it be argued that he effectively wiped out an entire universe against their will?

I mean, imagine if we are the byproduct of some time traveler and exist for decades. Then this traveler decides to leave and then we just cease to exist. Everything we did, destroyed and created in that time period will vanish. What about the children born in that time period? Some could still be born in the main timeline, but I imagine there will be countless others that were only born due to Steve's presence and the butterfly effect he produced. Despite existing for a brief period, they will now never be. Again, without anyone knowing or having a say.

So Cap in effect became Thanos?
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #73
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

So, did Hemsworth wear a fat suit for this film?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:00 PM   #74
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I believe that most, if not all, of "fat" Thor was CGI.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:15 PM   #75
Luminous
Cyclops

He was definitely wearing a prosthetic in the cabin.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:10 PM   #76
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
As soon as Steve went back to the 1940s and stayed with Peggy, a splinter reality was created, which is what Cap and Peggy lived in. After she passed away, he came back to "our" reality (per the Russos). Everything in "our" reality stayed the same (Cap in the Ice, Peggy dying during Civil War, etc...)
So basically your saying it's like driving down a road and all of a sudden it widens into two lanes next to each other and then later down the road it converges back into one lane again..

Not sure how I feel about that explanation...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #77
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
So basically your saying it's like driving down a road and all of a sudden it widens into two lanes next to each other and then later down the road it converges back into one lane again..

I think maybe more like the road splitting into two lanes and staying that way, but Cap moves back to the original lane.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:20 PM   #78
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

This is how I originally interpreted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I think maybe more like the road splitting into two lanes and staying that way, but Cap moves back to the original lane.
This is how galactus explains it. Of the two I definitely prefer this scenario. Not only does it open up the possibilities but it also means Cap didn't become Thanos 2.0.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:06 PM   #79
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Yes, this is how I understand it.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:55 PM   #80
off
The X-Men

So selfish cap lives his life with Peggy, ignores Hydra and doesn't even try to stop the infinity war?
off is offline   Reply With Quote