Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-06-2017, 03:52 AM   #31
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Wow the helmet looks a lot worst than I expected, I hope RT gets theirs replaced. Other photos have surfaced in the group with much less paint bleed.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:53 AM   #32
ukshaun
Hercules

Something about Ren's lips that remind me of the artist Tracey Emin.
It might have something to do with the upper lip or how the upper and lower lip meet.

I once met Emin during the opening weekend of an gallery. She signed my copy of Top Spot
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:33 AM   #33
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quite honest. Most of HMO girl portraits having the same lips
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #34
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I'm pretty sure that ES = quality theory has been debunked or is least no more than speculation ...
Well,it came directly from the mouth of Dani Hinze,creator of the BoB universe. (HMO)
I had no reason not to believe it with such a small ES of 125.We are not talking about hundreds or thousands here but just over 100 pieces!

Dani:

"We wanted these to really stand out and quality is a must for this line. So we are keeping the E.S. [edition size] very small. Only 125 will be made of the first two characters. Why we do that? So we have a much tighter grip on production."
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #35
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
Well,it came directly from the mouth of Dani Hinze,creator of the BoB universe. (HMO)
I had no reason not to believe it with such a small ES of 125.We are not talking about hundreds or thousands here but just over 100 pieces!

Dani:

"We wanted these to really stand out and quality is a must for this line. So we are keeping the E.S. [edition size] very small. Only 125 will be made of the first two characters. Why we do that? So we have a much tighter grip on production."
Good catch.

I probably shouldn't have brought that up in an HMO thread, as they make factory oversight a priority. I was more referring to the bigger companies able to produce the thousands people vocally complain about, as they aren't known for that.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #36
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radizero View Post
See the thing is, I saw some photos from his piece and it doesnt look like RadTitans. But I also saw pics of her that HMO released recently and the helmet is painted the same way as RadTitans.
It's like it's not even the same painter/piece. Feels like HMO sent a "prototype" to him so he can promote her, I dunno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
It's entirely possible he got an artist's proof, like many name reviewers often do (something I would probably ask him on here though rather than assume.) That said, I see only minor benefits to promoting a long sold-out piece in such a way and H.M.O. seems to be a very transparent company. If there is significant production drop-off, aftermarket saturation and pricing speak louder than reviews in most cases.
The one I have is the same as the others. In light of HMO making improvements, my review will be postponed. Overall, it came out fairly nice, though. Once they make the touch-ups/corrections, I think it will be just fine.

Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:21 PM   #37
ukshaun
Hercules

While most of the paint app turned out great, the weathering effect looks rushed, as someone pointed out on Facebook.
On the right side, it looks great, on the left side it looks like some sort of pattern, not weathering.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #38
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Right side was done up by a professional painter, we are supposed to get a 85% replica according to dani. And I'll just come out and say it, that's the worst replication of the prototype i have ever seen show up in pictures; might look better irl.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:37 PM   #39
qz33
Doctor Doom

I think this looks good but honestly the furthering trend of all companies promising more than the can produce is becoming a sore point for the hobby.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:55 PM   #40
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

XM and F4F only reveal and sell production pieces. It's fair contention if they want to promote a piece using a professional painter, but if you display a product on a sales page that isn't what you are going to deliver it becomes a sales mispresentation if it's not highlighted.