Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2024, 06:43 AM   #7641
Halcyon
Loki
 
Halcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I had some AIM grease that I use on my versa climber and applied that on both pegs. Took a few mins and it was on the base.

I didn't bother with the house plants yet, but he's up on the custom pedestal.
and... screw buying anymore of these. I'm good with the Jungle Hunter.
Congrats


Small warning for every collector. The water (clear resin) scratches easily, so i would not put anything on the watereffect itself.
My base arrived with many scratches on the water, bcs someone repacked the box and there was some sand/dust grinding underneath the 3M paper
Many scratches and dull spots like with mine, are very hard to fix yourself.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:56 AM   #7642
Python
Omega Red
 
Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I've never seen the Prime "1/4" in person, but since you have all 3, what sounds more appealing to you.....getting the big game version from Prime with stock paint or getting the regular SWS maquette (regular) and having it completely repainted?

I used to have the Ex and was kind of sad to sell it because it was my first statue purchase, but I always wanted to get it repainted and maybe have the base customized a bit. I would probably have rubber quills added to it, as well.

Do you know what, that should be a tough question because the SWS is so iconic, and has real pedigree behind it. But it's not, given those options, I'd get the BGCA. Don't get me wrong, the SWS is still fantastic, but the modern statues have so much more detail and refinement. If the BGCA had the mask from the SWS, it would be phenomenal! As it is, I probably will sell my SWS EX at some point, I have no plans to ever move on the BGCA, even since I got the 1/3 JH. The 1/3 is definitely the superior statue in terms of details and paint obviously, but it's just too big and unweildly, the 1/4 is still huge and impressive, but you can move it around and enjoy it without too much worry. It's the perfect middle ground really, and even though I didn't love the pose early on, it grew on me a lot, I love it now, it's still up these as my favourite statue even though the heads are the wrong shade and the mask is annoyingly textured. The pros definitely outweigh those issues and I use the Gort mask anyway. I really should try to get them all next to each other actually. But any of those three statues alone are fantastic to own.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:28 PM   #7643
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps
 
azurepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Do you know what, that should be a tough question because the SWS is so iconic, and has real pedigree behind it. But it's not, given those options, I'd get the BGCA. Don't get me wrong, the SWS is still fantastic, but the modern statues have so much more detail and refinement. If the BGCA had the mask from the SWS, it would be phenomenal! As it is, I probably will sell my SWS EX at some point, I have no plans to ever move on the BGCA, even since I got the 1/3 JH. The 1/3 is definitely the superior statue in terms of details and paint obviously, but it's just too big and unweildly, the 1/4 is still huge and impressive, but you can move it around and enjoy it without too much worry. It's the perfect middle ground really, and even though I didn't love the pose early on, it grew on me a lot, I love it now, it's still up these as my favourite statue even though the heads are the wrong shade and the mask is annoyingly textured. The pros definitely outweigh those issues and I use the Gort mask anyway. I really should try to get them all next to each other actually. But any of those three statues alone are fantastic to own.
Thanks for your opinion. Do you recall how many boxes the regular of the BGCA came in? Maybe if I find a damaged regular for a big discount down the road, I could just have that repaired and repainted, but damn, it would pricey. I'm having my other 1/3 JH Bio smoothed out, so I would probably do the same for the BGCA as well.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:12 PM   #7644
dao2
Cyclops
 
dao2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 11,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Do you know what, that should be a tough question because the SWS is so iconic, and has real pedigree behind it. But it's not, given those options, I'd get the BGCA. Don't get me wrong, the SWS is still fantastic, but the modern statues have so much more detail and refinement. If the BGCA had the mask from the SWS, it would be phenomenal! As it is, I probably will sell my SWS EX at some point, I have no plans to ever move on the BGCA, even since I got the 1/3 JH. The 1/3 is definitely the superior statue in terms of details and paint obviously, but it's just too big and unweildly, the 1/4 is still huge and impressive, but you can move it around and enjoy it without too much worry. It's the perfect middle ground really, and even though I didn't love the pose early on, it grew on me a lot, I love it now, it's still up these as my favourite statue even though the heads are the wrong shade and the mask is annoyingly textured. The pros definitely outweigh those issues and I use the Gort mask anyway. I really should try to get them all next to each other actually. But any of those three statues alone are fantastic to own.
I have all 3 and would drop the SWS in a heartbeat. In fact if anyone wants it and is local to VD/MD/DC and have cash hit me up :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Thanks for your opinion. Do you recall how many boxes the regular of the BGCA came in?
2
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:06 AM   #7645
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps
 
azurepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I have all 3 and would drop the SWS in a heartbeat. In fact if anyone wants it and is local to VD/MD/DC and have cash hit me up :P



2
I do miss mine, but I sold if right before I ordered the 1/3 JH. I got top dollar at the time, so I can't complain.

Thanks, I'll have to look up a unboxing video to see what comes in the boxes. Shipping 2 huge boxes back and forth would be double ouch.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 02:36 AM   #7646
Blade3327
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
Blade3327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: US
Posts: 1,600
I imagine the SWS would be easier to repaint and re-net due to its more open pose. That and its accuracy make it the ideal candidate in my book.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 03:02 AM   #7647
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps
 
azurepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I imagine the SWS would be easier to repaint and re-net due to its more open pose. That and its accuracy make it the ideal candidate in my book.
You're definitely right about the pose, but I've been told in the past that artists don't actually remove the netting. I could be remembering wrong if someone wants to correct me.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 06:47 AM   #7648
Halcyon
Loki
 
Halcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Thanks for your opinion. Do you recall how many boxes the regular of the BGCA came in? Maybe if I find a damaged regular for a big discount down the road, I could just have that repaired and repainted, but damn, it would pricey. I'm having my other 1/3 JH Bio smoothed out, so I would probably do the same for the BGCA as well.
The 1:4 BGCA is a great statue.

If prime just had done better QC on the body color (lighter skin and some semi gloss like they advertised) this would have gotten the same praise as the 1:3 now.
You prob only have to use one of the boxes.
bcs imo the base is great and does not need a (real pro) repaint. There are some minor things on the base you can easily upgrade yourself. Like the color of the animal skulls on the base. But the mud and the rocks and especially main rock itself are perfect already.

90% of the youtub vids and random pictures you can't see the nice multi tone paintwork (like small white specs over the blueish and grey rockbase and main branches have four colors. Here is a picture i just found where the color is close as you would see it real life.





this is the box layout (one box has double layer).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BigGame CoverArt Predator base.png
Views:	378
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	169671   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Dozen inhoud.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	169705  
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 04:21 PM   #7649
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps
 
azurepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
The 1:4 BGCA is a great statue.

If prime just had done better QC on the body color (lighter skin and some semi gloss like they advertised) this would have gotten the same praise as the 1:3 now.
You prob only have to use one of the boxes.
bcs imo the base is great and does not need a (real pro) repaint. There are some minor things on the base you can easily upgrade yourself. Like the color of the animal skulls on the base. But the mud and the rocks and especially main rock itself are perfect already.

90% of the youtub vids and random pictures you can't see the nice multi tone paintwork (like small white specs over the blueish and grey rockbase and main branches have four colors. Here is a picture i just found where the color is close as you would see it real life.





this is the box layout (one box has double layer).
Thanks for the info. I agree, the base probably doesn't need to be touched, but it looks like all the heads are in box 2, so it won't matter if I go regular or DX. Both boxes would still need to be shipped. Damn, the more I think about it, that whole project with buying the statue is probably going to be at least $4k. I think I could be nuts for doing it, but it would be so bad ass.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 10:12 AM   #7650
Halcyon
Loki
 
Halcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,584
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Thanks for the info. I agree, the base probably doesn't need to be touched, but it looks like all the heads are in box 2, so it won't matter if I go regular or DX. Both boxes would still need to be shipped.
The box with the body and loose mask also have two headstands in it and the hole for the large leaves is big and box is deep. Probably could arrange/reshape styro a bit holding the two bare heads (the gort and the underside of mask portrait are both not needed for repaint right?)

So already some money saved (less to paint and ship)
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com