Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 03-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #181
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Jar Jar Binks
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #182
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Did this thread take a turn downward.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #183
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Couldn't Jean Grey or Rachel Summers nuke him, as Phoenix, or would Cytorrak protect him? Is Cytorrak more powerful than the Phoenix force?
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #184
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Couldn't Jean Grey or Rachel Summers nuke him, as Phoenix, or would Cytorrak protect him? Is Cytorrak more powerful than the Phoenix force?

LOL! One word......NO!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #185
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Seems I have read a few of these Vs Juggernaut type threads before. It think Marvel created problems for themselves with absolute concepts like Cain Marko who is 'Unstoppable', Hulk who is 'The strongest there is' and Blob who is 'immovable'. They sound great but no character should entirely be unbeatable or they'd be pretty boring (think original Beyonder). Then when you ask who would win when fighting against each other it basically comes down to personal preference of the character. I'm a Hulk fan and I do like to think him the strongest there is but I will conceed he can and has been beaten given the right circumstances. Some people point out Juggernaut is magically empowered and can't be touched but there are many magic users and gods in the Marvel Universe, let alone cosmic beings and it seems unlikely the bands of Cytorrack are beyond them all. Also why should magic be the last word, Ironman has managed to circumvent it before. Also listing each characters upper strength limit creates problems, it is often a last resort used to justify who would win in a fight. This type of behaviour has led to a character like Sentry who can be introduced with powers that are beyond all others and growing. Too easy then to keep raising the powers for others to compete or worse yet create another character that can beat him.

That all said I would go for Galactus, Odin, Thanos, Molecule Man, Phoenix, Dormammu, Mephisto, The Destroyer, Thor and probably a number of others.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #186
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I bet a skyfather like Zeus or Odin could.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #187
Lord Loki
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Punisher He killed the marvel U already
Lord Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #188
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think the terms "unstoppable", "immovable" etc are appropriate for those characters when they're fighting other characters that are in their similar "weight-class", per se. Galactus, for example, is far more "unstoppable" than the Juggernaut, but you wouldn't see just the X-Men fighting him with any chance of an actual "win" via the Big G's death or surrender, etc.

They're relative terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immovable Blob View Post
Seems I have read a few of these Vs Juggernaut type threads before. It think Marvel created problems for themselves with absolute concepts like Cain Marko who is 'Unstoppable', Hulk who is 'The strongest there is' and Blob who is 'immovable'. They sound great but no character should entirely be unbeatable or they'd be pretty boring (think original Beyonder). Then when you ask who would win when fighting against each other it basically comes down to personal preference of the character. I'm a Hulk fan and I do like to think him the strongest there is but I will conceed he can and has been beaten given the right circumstances. Some people point out Juggernaut is magically empowered and can't be touched but there are many magic users and gods in the Marvel Universe, let alone cosmic beings and it seems unlikely the bands of Cytorrack are beyond them all. Also why should magic be the last word, Ironman has managed to circumvent it before. Also listing each characters upper strength limit creates problems, it is often a last resort used to justify who would win in a fight. This type of behaviour has led to a character like Sentry who can be introduced with powers that are beyond all others and growing. Too easy then to keep raising the powers for others to compete or worse yet create another character that can beat him.

That all said I would go for Galactus, Odin, Thanos, Molecule Man, Phoenix, Dormammu, Mephisto, The Destroyer, Thor and probably a number of others.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote