Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #41
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'd say Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War, & Endgame are my favs. Am I the only one who doesn't care for Iron Man? I just really dislike that character for some reason. I didn't care for the first Captain America either because I dislike War movies. I just find them extremely boring.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:11 AM   #42
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Please. I studied art much of my life, into young adulthood, and minored in studio art in college. Beauty and art are in the eye of the beholder. Saying these films aren’t cinema is like saying comic books aren’t legitimate fiction, or that comic book art isn’t art.
You had horrible art teachers... :P
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:41 AM   #43
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
You had horrible art teachers... :P
Why because they didn't quote Klimt constantly?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #44
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Why because they didn't quote Klimt constantly?
Oh the art expert is back... :P
Old 11-08-2019, 02:04 PM   #45
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Winter Soldier most definitely is my #1.
This.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:46 PM   #46
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I think it's time for a short explanation...

I will start with a memory when i was at my first year at university, my best friend was taking second year design lesson. I got in to the lesson to see what was his project. He was like '' i will design a comic book store''... the moment he said comics... the insulting laughter of the teachers came with insulting looks at him... They look down on him like '' what are you, a retarded, comics is for retardeds'' i duly noted that never to bring up the subject of comics... lol

OK, not all comics is retarded, there are art comicses and it seems our design teachers (who are architects themselves) never read them, all they knew was super heroes or something... so they thought all comics was for retardeds. I was a nerd like my best friend, we talked about super heroes endlessly... i was so emberessed... I knew super hero comics was not art, but my teachers saw it so beneath themselves really emberesed me. I liked Batman, it was my guilty pleassure... (now, i even quit batman... can't stand the idiotic writting anymore) it didn't break new ground with its art and writting like an art piece supposed to do, it didn't give any valueable information like an art piece did, it wasn't deep (nothing psychologicly accurate) humans didn't act like human beings unlike an art piece... Glorification of violance and even killing... simply i can say, Art has always been against millitarism. super hero comics is about only raising soldiers... They have an agenda...

Sometimes you hold on to your childhood, Batman was a childhood favorite and i really liked the costume... lol but it was no piece of cloth like a real person ever wear in any era of time... unlike an art piece. All of super hero comics is the same. Super Hero comics is not art... It has my sempaties 'cause almost all of the cartoons which i watched when i was a childe in late 80s and 90s were super heroes, i devoured this ----... lol But don't try to elevate it to something super hero comics is not.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:21 PM   #47
Luminous
Cyclops

I only have one question... wtf is a "retardet"?

If it's what I think you're implying then I see no reason to dignify your post with a response. Good lord...
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:23 PM   #48
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I only have one question... wtf is a "retardet"?

If it's what I think you're implying then I see no reason to dignify your post with a response. Good lord...
Sorry, English is not my first language
Old 11-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #49
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Oh the art expert is back... :P
Look who's talking.

Quote:
I think it's time for a short explanation...

I will start with a memory when i was at my first year at university, my best friend was taking second year design lesson. I got in to the lesson to see what was his project. He was like '' i will design a comic book store''... the moment he said comics... the insulting laughter of the teachers came with insulting looks at him... They look down on him like '' what are you, a retardet, comics is for retardets'' i duly noted that never to bring up the subject of comics... lol

OK, not all comics is retardet, there are art comicses and it seems our design teachers (who are architects themselves) never read them, all they knew was super heroes or something... so they thought all comics was for retardets. I was a nerd like my best friend, we talked about super heroes endlessly... i was so emberessed... I knew super hero comics was not art, but my teachers saw it so beneath themselves really emberesed me. I liked Batman, it was my guilty pleassure... (now, i even quit batman... can't stand the idiotic writting anymore) it didn't break new ground with its art and writting like an art piece supposed to do, it didn't give any valueable information like an art piece does, it wasn't deep (nothing psychologicly accurate) humans didn't act like human beings unlike an art piece... Glorification of violance and even killing... simply i can say, Art has always been against millitarism. super hero comics is about only raising soldiers... They have an agenda...

Sometimes you hold on to your childhood, Batman was a childhood favorite and i really liked the costume... lol but it was no piece of cloth like a real person ever wear in any era of time... unlike an art piece. All of super hero comics is the same. Super Hero comics is not art... It has my sempaties 'cause almost all of the cartoons which i watched when i was a childe in late 80s and 90s were super heroes, i devoured this ----... lol But don't try to elevate it that something super hero comics is not.
Your logic is flawed as were your teachers. You act as though art has this specified definition only you are aware of yet art is a creative and subjective endeavour. To say something isn't art and give no reason behind it, which you haven't, is just giving your opinion.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #50
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Look who's talking.

Your logic is flawed as were your teachers. You act as though art has this specified definition only you are aware of yet art is a creative and subjective endeavour. To say something isn't art and give no reason behind it, which you haven't, is just giving your opinion.
art is subjective is the go to word of people who doesn't know anything about art. Yeah, after all architects know what about art... lol Only you know art... xD art expert lol