Xm Cap
XM widow
Ss Hulk
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #22
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

From the pics I give all three to Sideshow, with the closest contest being Cap. I have the SS Black Widow but have not taken it out of the box yet. I prefer the more realistic take to the anime look. I like the beastial design of Hulk although the hunchback still concerns me. I'll see once in hand. I did not preorder the SS Cap because I'm not interested in the WW2 look, but the sculpt and tailoring look fantastic. I do have the original SS Cap PF which remains a favorite. I am considering picking up the XM Cap.

That said, I think Round 2 will be a totally different story once we see Magneto, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Phoenix, Thanos and Ms Marvel. Unless Sideshow has something up its sleeve, it's going to be some stiff competition.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #23
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

I prefer comic portraits more then realistic portraits so:
XM Cap
XM BW
Don't like either Hulk
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #24
ambasah
Red Skull

the fact that we can even have this discussion is a big plus to everyone in this hobby. Hopefully Disney loosens the deathgrip SS has on the Marvel license.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:19 AM   #25
SONICobra
Batman

I prefer all the sideshow pieces but that doesn't take anything away from xm, the xm statues are fantastic. im really looking forward to magneto and daredevil whenever that happens. I love their art direction and from what ive seen the in hand product
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:00 AM   #26
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Here is my Verdict

CAPTAIN AMERICA - SIDESHOW WINS - XM studios Captain America is really awesome but what gives sideshow abit of the edge for me is the mixed media. I just love those pants on captain america and the tools that goes with him.

BLACK WIDOW - XM STUDIOS - She is just phenomenal. Those switch out parts and the base is crazy good..

HULK - This is a bit difficult as both are really good.. but maybe I will lean a bit on Sideshow for they have been really consistently good with their HULK Statues...
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:34 AM   #27
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

XM Cap

XM BW

SS Hulk
acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #28
ScootS
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Here is my Verdict

CAPTAIN AMERICA - SIDESHOW WINS - XM studios Captain America is really awesome but what gives sideshow abit of the edge for me is the mixed media. I just love those pants on captain america and the tools that goes with him.

BLACK WIDOW - XM STUDIOS - She is just phenomenal. Those switch out parts and the base is crazy good..

HULK - This is a bit difficult as both are really good.. but maybe I will lean a bit on Sideshow for they have been really consistently good with their HULK Statues...
Just sharing my own thoughts here.

What that actually puts me off for those SS stuff is precisely the mixed media.

Cloth rot, leather crack, zip off scale, capes that do not 'settle' properly in 1/4 scale ....looks like a large scale resin hot toy figure in fixed pose.
ScootS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #29
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I'm wondering if XM announcing Magneto and Thanos, 2 of the most wanted 1/4 statues, will prompt SS to rush to the plate with their versions? I'd like to see SS tackle these two but at the same time there's almost too much on preorder at the moment from many different companies.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:24 PM   #30
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Even if SS was to accelerate its plans for these two characters I doubt it would be more than just concept sketches at best. And we know how long those can take to materialize if ever. I'm looking forward to seeing what XM has in store for Thanos. Standing? Throne? Hmmm. I'm sure there will be a swap-out Infinity Gauntlet and Cosmic Cube. Light up feature would be nice.

I really can't imagine SS coming up with a cooler version of Magneto. They no longer do pieces that elaborate. That's not to say they can't come up with something great, I just imagine it would be a more typical levitating pose similar to the Koto piece. That said if it looked good I might opt for it given the price difference. But they would definitely have to show a WIP as opposed to a concept sketch. I'm not going to be suckered by that. "fool me once..."
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote