Old 03-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #51
grphyx1
Kingpin

that is quite lovely.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #52
adee
Green Arrow

It could be that I'm just trying to justify my spending but hear me out.

Before Randy stopped he was selling pieces for around 225 for 1/7 scale, maybe even 1/8 in some cases, and that was a few years ago. Granted these don't have detailed bases like Bowens but for the time and scale these don't seem to out of line to me. Comparing them to Artfx+ isn't really fair as these are Polystone and not pvc.

Can you tell i caught a fever? I ordered another one.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:05 PM   #53
built2shred
Phoenix

I will say the Koto Artfx+ (1/10) are pretty nice for the money but they do lack the detail that Iron Studios offers on their more expensive Polystone 1/10 statues.

The Iron Studios actually look like small statues where the Artfx+ have that plastic look to them. I know some people will say you can't tell the difference between Polystone and PVC, but I've own several PVC statues and I can tell the difference, the PVC ones do have a cheaper plastic shine to them IMO.... Even SS Man of Steel PF (which I've owned) looks more like a Hot Toys then a statue IMO...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:22 PM   #54
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Slippery slope but I'm going to try and be very selective on them.
I have already slipped and am full on sliding down the slope! I have however somehow mustered the strength to keep it strictly Star Wars, but the DC pieces are really making it difficult for me.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #55
GenMotors
Fantastic Four

I'm limiting it to Marvel, but I might cave in on Catwoman which means I then need at least a Batman to go with her.
GenMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #56
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I have already slipped and am full on sliding down the slope! I have however somehow mustered the strength to keep it strictly Star Wars, but the DC pieces are really making it difficult for me.
Dude, I'm already skiing too. I'm trying to keep it to Marvel and DC but those Star Wars pieces are awesome.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:42 PM   #57
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenMotors View Post
I'm limiting it to Marvel, but I might cave in on Catwoman which means I then need at least a Batman to go with her.
That's how it all begins... "I'm just going to get this one piece... well, and maybe this one to go with it..." Next thing you know, you have 10 pieces and more on the way!!
Old 03-07-2017, 12:43 PM   #58
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Dude, I'm already skiing too. I'm trying to keep it to Marvel and DC but those Star Wars pieces are awesome.
I'm just glad these aren't cheaper or more easily available, otherwise I'd be all over Marvel and DC as well.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:58 PM   #59
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

So I've been eyeing Deathstroke, Shazzam, Thor and Punisher. I might (and that's a big might) be able to hold the line at those. But Whats upcoming has me worried. Comic WW and Flash from DC. Captain America, MAGNETO, Colossus, Psylocke, and Red Skull from Marvel!! I mean if I get these in hand and they are as impressive as the pictures who knows where this may lead. It's almost a blessing these aren't say on average $25 cheaper or my orders would be placed already.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #60
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
It's almost a blessing these aren't say on average $25 cheaper or my orders would be placed already.
^ Exactly! I have a healthy sized collection of Bowen statues that I'm happy with, so I'm good with the Marvel side of things. DC on the other hand, I have a bit of this and a bit of that, almost all of which are different scales and lines. So when I see IS putting out a nice classic comic line of DC statues it really makes me want to jump headlong into it. Especially in 1:10 scale which is a very nice size at which you can display a number of pieces with not a lot of space. I must resist though!