Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who wins this battle?
Asgardian Destroyer 35 72.92%
Juggernaut 4 8.33%
Stalemate 9 18.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Destroyer vs Juggernaut

I'm shocked this one hasn't been done before!

(did a quick search but wasn't able to find it).

Asgardian Destroyer

Powers
The Destroyer has superhuman strength that may have no limits since it has never been measured, it can travel through the air by means of self-levitation, and can project bolts of varying energies including magnetic and an unknown energy so powerful that it can shatter any known substance including uru metal. The Destroyer can also produce flames that can reach intense levels of heat and it can also transmute, rearrange and alter matter and its densities in order to convert it to its different forms: solid, liquid and gas

Weapons
Aside from its other abilities, the most powerful weapon in the Destroyer’s arsenal is its disintegrator beam. The disintegrator beam is fired when the Destroyer lowers its visor and the energy builds up and projects, outward, from the top of the visor. It has been said that this beam is able to annihilate anything

Paraphernalia
The Destroyer armor is made from an unknown metal found on Asgard and was enchanted by Odin to make that metal harder than uru, the metal Mjolnir is made of, or adamantium and almost totally indestructible

Juggernaut (fully-powered)

Powers
The Juggernaut originally possessed untold mystical power which enhanced his strength to an unknown degree and made him a seemingly irresistible, unstoppable being. Once he began to walk in a given direction, no obstacle or force on Earth was able to stop him. Some obstacles, for example many tons of rock, or forces such as plasma-discharge cannons slowed his pace considerably, but nothing stopped him permanently from advancing. The Juggernaut was, however, vulnerable to magical forces of sufficient strength.

Besides giving him vast superhuman strength, the mystical energy of Cyttorak gave the Juggernaut an extraordinary degree of resistance to all forms of injury. The Juggernaut could also shield himself even further from injury by mentally surrounding himself with a force field. Enveloped by this field, the Juggernaut had been seen to survive the fiery explosion of a truck transporting a huge quantity of oil without any injury whatsoever. The Juggernaut could survive indefinitely without food, water, or oxygen thanks to his being sustained by his mystical energies alone.

In the past, the Juggernaut has temporarily possessed telepathic abilities and certain mystical powers, all of which he has since lost.

Paraphernalia
The Juggernaut wears a helmet fashioned from an unknown mystical metal found in the Crimson Cosmos dimension of Cyttorak. The Juggernaut subsequently fashioned a skullcap from scraps of the metal used to construct the helmet. The Juggernaut originally wore a suit of armor that he could summon around himself at will from the Crimson Cosmos.

Without his helmet and skullcap, the Juggernaut is vulnerable to psionic attacks against his mind.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
ta2215
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
Adamantium Member

I voted for the destroyer because is my favorite and made of Odin force but this one is seriously a tough one!
ta2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

juggs doesnt have a chance
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:19 AM   #4
The Watcher
Loki

I voted for stalemate.

For those of you that voted on a winner, please explain how your pick would win.

I guess one of the participants would win if the other quit the fight due to boredom but other than that, it seems like it would be a stalemate.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:23 AM   #5
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
I voted for stalemate.

For those of you that voted on a winner, please explain how your pick would win.

I guess one of the participants would win if the other quit the fight due to boredom but other than that, it seems like it would be a stalemate.
The disintegrator beam.
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:47 AM   #6
Arakius
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
I voted for stalemate.

Agreed, Stalemate.
Arakius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #7
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

it all depends on who is inside the destroyer, if its the odin version usedd to fight the celestials then juggs is history, otherwise its hard to call
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:21 AM   #8
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I didn't consider the Destroyer to be animated by Odin and the spirits of all the Asgardians, grown to 1000 feet tall and carrying the Odinsword.

This would have been a little unfair.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:24 AM   #9
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
I voted for stalemate.

The Destroyer possesses enough power, IMO, to penetrate or bypass Juggernaut's protective force field. Alternately, as his field only protects him from damage, it would not stop the Destroyer from magneticly lifting Juggernaut and suspending him in mid-air indefinately.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:01 AM   #10
steve the meat
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

could magneto defeat the destroyer?
steve the meat is offline   Reply With Quote