Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who wins this battle?
Asgardian Destroyer 35 72.92%
Juggernaut 4 8.33%
Stalemate 9 18.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #161
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Look, you don't know who would win out of the classic Juggernaut, and the Destroyer, because they have never met in battle. All this talk is speculation. As we know, it all depends on what story they are telling, and how they want it to end. I believe that the Destroyer may be a character who could defeat the Juggernaut as well, but I am sick to death of hearing about how Thor shut off the Juggernaut's force field in Thor #429, and was then able to pummel him silly, because the force field wasn't there to protect him. I already explained earlier in this thread, that that was revisionist writing by Tom DeFalco. The Juggernaut controls his forcefield himself. He turns it off and on when he wants to. It is not "on" all the time. His invulnerability is "not" dependant on his forcefield. It can give him added invulnerability, but he doesn't need it to be invulnerable. Thor could pound on Juggernaut's head all year long with his hammer, without the force field on, and it would not knock him out. The OHOTMU explained how Juggernaut's force field works before this issue of Thor tried to create a way for Thor to beat him physically, but it was a load of bunk...
Of course we don't know what would because they did not fight however I base my reasoning on past performance from the Destroyer and Juggernaut.

In my arguements against a Cain Marko win is this. I know Juggernaut can turn on or off his forcefield and in his fight with Thor he keep it on because Thor could seriously hurt him. You can say all you want that Juggs is invulnarable without the forcefield but it has not been demonstrated in any comic book of late but it has been shown that he is highly resistant to injury. Powerful weapons have been shown to hurt him. This was even shown during 8th day Juggs when the other Templars hurt him forcefield or not. What Thor did to Juggernaut was not turn the forcefield off but he stopped Cyttoraks power from reaching Juggernaut. Juggernaut still had strength but the forcefeild was neutralized. Thor could then hit Juggernaut for the 60 seconds the hammer neutralized his forcefeild power.

The main reason I said the Destroyer would win was it was designed to fight beings even higher than anything Juggernaut has ever faced or would face.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:30 PM   #162
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I agree with Mak, the sheer methodology that he even possesses a forcefield let alone one he has to turn on, dictates that he is not invulnerable.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #163
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

[QUOTE=Meteor Man;2329697], but I am sick to death of hearing about how Thor shut off the Juggernaut's force field in Thor #429, and was then able to pummel him silly, because the force field wasn't there to protect him. [/QUO

I never said anything about cutting off Juggs force field. I just said the Thor put a mystic barrier around the two went at it. which they did and Thor was able to hit him.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:23 AM   #164
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

[QUOTE=heirtoasguard;2330614]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
, but I am sick to death of hearing about how Thor shut off the Juggernaut's force field in Thor #429, and was then able to pummel him silly, because the force field wasn't there to protect him. [/QUO

I never said anything about cutting off Juggs force field. I just said the Thor put a mystic barrier around the two went at it. which they did and Thor was able to hit him.
Nothing personal...I was just going off, because that issue of Thor has been brought up a lot in this thread, and I stated in that last post why I have an "issue" with that issue...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:20 PM   #165
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

none taken.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote